VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
XykhnJl.jpg

I figured I would compile a short list of what has helped me get up to rank 22 in only a few hours of game-time. There are some guides online, but they mostly just state the obvious (e.g. "play cooperatively")

1. Play for Completing Challenges
As any player will notice, there are three challenges that a player can complete while playing in online multiplayer. These challenges grant bonus XP amounts and bonus credit amounts. Usually the credit amounts are 250, 350, or 550, but the XP amounts are usually 2,500, 3500, 5,500, and 8500. The catch is that if you don't like some of your three challenges available, you can pay 500 credits to swap a challenge for a random new challenge. For example, this morning I had the following challenges:
1. 75 kills with a blaster pistol. (8,500 XP)
2. Win 3 Walker Assaults. (2,500 XP)
3. Get 15 kills with an AT-ST. (2,500 XP)

I felt like just playing Blast, Drop-Zone, or Droid Run this morning, so I paid 500 credits to change my second challenge and 500 credits to change my third challenge. After the changes were made this was my challenge list:
1. 75 kills with a blaster pistol. (8,500 XP)
2. Get 75 kills. (8,500 XP)
3. Win 3 Blast matches. (2,500 XP)

You can bet, I played four games of Blast, won three of them and completed all three challenges. In turn, I got a total of 19,500 XP from those challenges alone. If I had not changed my challenges, it would most likely have taken me longer to get that same amount of XP.

2. Try to play with a Partner who has a Mic.
This might be a bit of common sense, but I feel like I should stress this. Although it is not a necessity to be talking to everyone on your team in my opinion, having a partner you're in communication with can help you spot enemies and either get assist points or the opportunity to finish off someone for some extra points. While being able to talk to a Partner is not as necessary in Walker-Assault, I find it to be very productive in games like Droid Run and Drop-Zone especially where people show up on radar but could be coming from either inside a cave or above the cave over a hill.

3. Know your weapons and know where power-ups are on a map.
Sometimes you might be tempted to use a pistol on a wide-open map to finish up a pistol-kills challenge, but this is not always ideal. Chances are, using a Battle Rifle or a Heavy Rifle on one of these more-open maps will make your game productive than it would be if you were trying to go just for the sake of finishing up a challenge.

Going off of this idea, mind where power-ups are on a map. While I sometimes found myself disregarding power-ups to complete gun-specific challenges, in the end, you don't want your enemies getting any power-ups to use against you. Knowing where the power-ups are located also gives you some strength to your intuition as to what your opponents have on them depending on where they are coming from on the map.

4. When playing as a Hero, don't get greedy.
Yes, when you play as Han, Leia, Luke, Vader, Boba, and the Emperor you have more health, better weapons, and special abilities, but you're not immortal by any means. The best way to maximize your time as a Hero is to lead your team but not be exposed in the wide-open just to have the enemy team members all focus fire on you. If you want to rank up fast, be a Hero and get as many kills as you can. Prolong your time as a Hero by using cover while your team-mates catch up. Sure, the enemy team will likely focus fire on you, but with your comrades at your side and a bit of cover, you will definitely last longer.

5. Sabotage
This is more-so specific to the Walker-Assault mode, but I always found that my best kill-streaks resulted from some form of sabotage insofar as getting behind the direction of the enemy and dispatching them from behind. If you use a thermal detonator and an impact charge, they won't even know what hit them.

Deidara

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register