• Views 3,943
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
There are many uses for DFU restoring your device: restoring from a jailbreak, fixing a soft-brick, etc. DFU restoring is actually incredibly easy to do and not as daunting as it seems. If you are going to DFU restore to a specific firmware, it's highly recommended that you download the firmware you want from this site. The site also includes current signing status of each specific firmware. If Apple is not signing the software package you download, you will not be able to restore to that firmware.

Entering Recovery Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
  4. Hold the Home (volume down for iPhone 7/7+) and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Home (volume down for 7/7+) button.
  6. After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present.

Entering Recovery Mode if you have a broken home (volume) or lock button(s)

This has been asked for, so I'm adding a section to help anyone that has broken lock or home buttons and can't enter recovery mode the traditional way.

RecBoot
RecBoot is by far the easiest and most popular program to help push your device into recovery mode. It's one of those programs you come across once in a blue moon that's single click and does exactly what you want it to. If you need this program, grab it from here. Once downloaded, open your device, run the program and click "Enter Recovery Mode". That's all there is to it.

Note: There have been reports of users missing certain dll files when attempting to use RecBoot. Personally, I have not had this issue, but if you are encountering this problem, please see this page.

Operating System
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Can you bypass icloud with this? I got a locked iphone 6
Not even close. There is a service run an iOS developer named Chr0nic that allows you to bypass iCloud locks. It costs a fair amount per device, but it's the only confirmed working way to do it.

Fearsaiyan7sins

Fearsaiyan7sins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There are many uses for DFU restoring your device: restoring from a jailbreak, fixing a soft-brick, etc. DFU restoring is actually incredibly easy to do and not as daunting as it seems. If you are going to DFU restore to a specific firmware, it's highly recommended that you download the firmware you want from this site. The site also includes current signing status of each specific firmware. If Apple is not signing the software package you download, you will not be able to restore to that firmware.

Entering DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

2. Turn off the device.
  4. Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
  5. Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button.
  6. After about 15 seconds you will be alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
can i boot back to IOS if i don't want to restore (i just wan't to try accessing Recovery mode before it's totally bricked)

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
can i boot back to IOS if i don't want to restore (i just wan't to try accessing Recovery mode before it's totally bricked)
It's hit an miss. If there is nothing wrong with your phone, usually you can by simply doing a hard restart. If there is something wrong with your phone, you can't.

Fearsaiyan7sins

Fearsaiyan7sins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's hit an miss. If there is nothing wrong with your phone, usually you can by simply doing a hard restart. If there is something wrong with your phone, you can't.
so i can just normally restart from Recovery mode to IOS without issue :smile:

Joker

Joker

Arkham Asylum
Reaction score
Sin$

2. Turn off the device.
Ok dude.. My sh*t been broken for like 2 years (I installed something and cydia no longer worked) and I did this and now I can restore :biggrin: Thanks!

Fearsaiyan7sins

Fearsaiyan7sins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

2. Turn off the device.
My iphone 4 bricked, any help 
Ok dude.. My sh*t been broken for like 2 years (I installed something and cydia no longer worked) and I did this and now I can restore :biggrin: Thanks!
Currently downloading the os package.. THANKS Tabuu Tabuu I LOVE YOUU :biggrin:

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
you made this easy tutorial here on se7ensins :smile: now it's working again not going to jailbreak it as jailbreak tweaks banned my instagram :frown:
Fair enough. The simple solution would be to not mess around with likes or follower count with any jailbreak tweaks or applications. There are so many good things you can do if you jailbreak, you shouldn't throw it off to the side because you had one bad experience.

Fearsaiyan7sins

Fearsaiyan7sins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Fair enough. The simple solution would be to not mess around with likes or follower count with any jailbreak tweaks or applications. There are so many good things you can do if you jailbreak, you shouldn't throw it off to the side because you had one bad experience.
i think Flex 2 Tweak got me banned... not sure & im trying to find out what it was... have new instagram now, 3 other accounts banned

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Decided to JB again but after installing app sync Safari and icloud mail crashing, Whats the deal Tabuu Tabuu
Tell you what, so we don't derail this thread. Go ahead and make a separate thread detailing the issue, what device device you are on, what firmware version, you're on etc. I'll help you out on that thread, that way this one doesn't become too jumbled.

Top Bottom
Login
Register