• Thread starter Beezy 4 sheezy
  • Start date
  • Views 2,072
B

Beezy 4 sheezy

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, Well i found this tutorial at xbox scene on how to put plexi Glass in a HDD and thought it was not very good and decided to REWRITE IT In my own words and with the tuts pics. So credit goes to GSX at xbox scene for the pictures.
Lets start.
Requirements:
Plexi Glass Which you can find HERE
dremel Which you can find at any local hardware store

1) First you MUST take apart your xbox 360 HDD
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6qV3EiuaHI&feature=related"]YouTube - How To Open Xbox 360 HDD/Hard Drive[/ame]
2) Now for getting ready to Cut the HDD hole. For the HDD I used the measurements of 2"x5" but you can use whatever will fit. Trace The measurements(2"x5") to the top of the HDDplastic cover with a pencil.
Picture1005.jpg

3) Now cut out your trace with a dremal and be sure to take time and sand the edges so that it is smooth a clean looking.
Picture1004.jpg

4) WHEN CUTTING PLEXI MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT CUT AROUND THE OUTLINE!
YOU MUST CUT ABOUT
1/8"AROUND THE OUTLINE (NO LESS THAN 1/8" AROUND THE OUTLINE) SHOWN IN STEP 3.

5) You now have a rough cutout with at least 1/8" extra plexi all around your cutout.
Which Should be able to fit in your HDD cutout if not I would suggest you keep working your way to the line around your cut out until you get close enopuh for you to pop it in with some force.

6)For the clean and smooth look which is optional we will be using a file/sand paper to smooth away to get the outline of your plexi glass.
Picture1042.jpg

Final Product:
Picture1006.jpg

So There You have it! My First TUT.

I Would reccomend that you put some lights in there with
punkskater2448's TUT!

Which you can find that Right HERE!

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Look's like I wont have to make a tut on how to put some glass in there. Good tut man! Thanks for putting my tut in the bottom of yours.

S

SpForces

Reaction score
Sin$
How did you flush mount the plexi? did you groove it or simply size it properly and wedge it in? Thanks

S

SEVENCITY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SpForces said:
How did you flush mount the plexi? did you groove it or simply size it properly and wedge it in? Thanks

im not answering for him but try beveling one side of the plexi glass and try to fit it in with the bevel facing the hardware components.

im just guessing though.

S

SpForces

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, thanks for your imput. I would thing the best way would be to bevel all the way around but that is quite a task. This one came out very nice I was hoping to find out the exact steps taken here. I dont see where it mentions creating a "lip" but it does say they left an extra 1/8" so who knows.

Top Bottom
Login
Register