How to Properly add a Flak Cannon

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Mod Help' started by xXMockeyXx, Dec 10, 2008 with 3 replies and 510 views.

1. xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Getting There

Ratings:
    Well, I wanted to finsih my fun mod on Terminal off with a hidden, full auto Fuel Rod/Flak Cannon hidden outside of the map.

I know how to make an automatic weapon... but I need to know how to import/make use-able the Flak Cannon from 05b_deltatowers.

I would really appreciate if you used only Entity 1.3.9, or any other Entity!
    Oh, and if it makes a difference, make it compatible for Terminal.

I need to know all of the steps, in depth, pics would be highly appreciated, but if the tutorial is simple enough, they will not be necessary.

I am looking for a tutorial that hopefully will read like this:
    1)Open up 05b_deltatowers in Entity1._.
    2)Click on weap+
    Chose Flak Cannon
    3)Select Parsed, Recursive, sounds
    4)................ whatever comes next :wink:

Thank you guys so much!

:frown:Anyone? I have it in, but I can't pick it up.. when I do, the game freezes.

2. joey4785

joey4785 Getting There

Ratings:
    Let me Try to get a fuel rod working than i will Edit this post and give a tut.. Ive never seen a TUT ill prob be able to figure out =P

EDIT.

Ok i figured it out i did it all with entity 1.3.9 and it froze my map when i shot it... i got angry cause it was the first time ive froze a map in 6 months...
    ANYWAYS.

1. Open up InsolenceV1 [Click here to view the link]

2. Open 04b_floodlab & Your map.

3. Scroll Down to "weap" tag on 04b_floodlab

4.Drag over the weap named "flak_cannon" on the end of it.

5. A transfering bar will appear it will transfer how fast your computer is 10sec-10min for this "tag" (dont think it is frozen it is not, it is just working =P)
    now its in your map yay... but we gotta fix the 1st person idents on it....

6. close out of Insolence, Open up Entity 1.3.9 [Click here to view the link]

7. Open up your MP map in Entity1.3.9

8. Scroll down to the "weap" tag

9.Right Click Show>idents.

[​IMG]
    10. change the ident in "red" to "mode>objects\weapons\support_high\flak_cannon\flak_cannon"

11. change the ident in "blue" to "jmad>objects\characters\dervish\fp\weapons\support_high\fp_flak_cannon\fp_flak_cannon"

12. Fix Encryption & FTP

yay your done...

That was annoying lol it took me an 1hr to figure out.....why it froze
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    xXMockeyXx

xXMockeyXx Getting There

Ratings:
    May I quote you/give you credit in the Tutorials?
    Lol... or just post it in there!

4. gmac

gmac Newbie

Ratings:
    when i paly as a spartan i can not see the cannon but other players can. is there a way to fix this?

sorry for the double post but i figured it out.