What's new

Tutorial How to play grifball effectively

Kin

Kin

ロリコン
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Many people play grifball, imo, its the most fun in the whole game, but I do see some people just flat out suck at the game, so just follow these and you'll win! (btw, there is a credit jackpot for it this week :o)

Ok, if you dont know football plays, then go head and read up, if you do k, this will be easy.

Think of grifball as football, and your the running back. XP

You want to treat the first opening rush as a screen play. Basically, you want to sit back and watch your team move up a little, maybe 5-10 steps, and follow closely behind them, when everybody hits the bomb, you want to just swing that hammer like its going out of style. You most likely will end up with the ball, unless your playing with somebody using the same tactic.

Once you have the bomb, you can do one of two things, either do the same above, and get lead blockers, or go head and be aggressive, most likely, there will be 1 or 2 enemies spawned and the rest will be at the spawn by the time you make it to the bomb site. Being aggressive is harder, because of those blasted energy sword users, but just wait for them to lunge, then whack them, if you loose health, still try to go for it, you just may get lucky (or you have 1337 skills if so, you will win every game XP)

If you want to play the "screen" just wait for your teammates to spawn, and try to get at least 2 people helping, just in case, its easy to just stay behind one good player, and let him chop down the d, and it will be an easy score.

Hope you took the time to read this, and if I didnt explain to the fullest, just tell me what I missed.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The strategy I know would be have right center rush and let them kill him, and have someone follow him like you said to clean up when they are in trigger delay, and have 2 more people still alive in case the second person got killed (either both on outsides, or one hanging back in case they break through), instead of the random following behind all 3 using your strategy and betraying everyone on the break. You know, because right-center is the starting spawn so always spawns first, and more people alive is better.

And that is only a strategy if you see all of the other team rushing the bomb and not spreading out.

To add on to what he said, my personal general tips would be:

• Watch your radar, Reach has a smaller FoV than halo 3, so it's easy to betray allies that are in front and next to you without them being visible on the screen.
  • Get used to figuring out the hammer delay, it changes practically every game based on who is host.
  • Learn to juke people with the sword, if you just rush them it will most likely be a simultaneous beat down, or just you dead.
  • Don't hammer the bomb guy if he is jumping past you, or if he is between you and your bomb arm, chances are you are going to launch him straight at it. Not saying you can't kill them with the hammer, but try to see if other people are ready to lunge at them with the sword, before swinging and either launching them out of range of your ally's sword, or possibly killing your ally who would have actually killed him.
  • Don't get angry if there's bull-blam!-, grifball has alot of issues based on connection, but the games are short so you can move on, either play with friends you can talk to, or listen to music or something, don't immerse yourself in the game and get worked up.

Sidewinder

Yankees09Champs

Where is the Halo 2 section?
Fabled Veteran Forum Addict Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a beast with the bomb. You can just call me Walter Payton. :biggrin:

I hate grifball though.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a beast with the bomb. You can just call me Walter Payton. :biggrin:

I hate grifball though.
I love it :smile: Of course, that could be because it pisses me of slightly less that the other playlists. Slightly.

Sidewinder

Yankees09Champs

Where is the Halo 2 section?
Fabled Veteran Forum Addict Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I love it :smile: Of course, that could be because it pisses me of slightly less that the other playlists. Slightly.
I like the idea behind it...I just don't like the hammer vs hammer encounters. Too much luck/connection involved.

Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
My strategy is basically the same for the first part because I just walk up with my team and stop a little bit before the bomb. when my team gets to the bomb is when I go. my only problem in grifball is that my team always sucks. <_< I don't like to play grifball a lot though because it gets boring to me and I don't get a lot of credits. I only play it when I want to.
:rolleyes:

OceloT

OceloT

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Having host affects the result way too much imo. If you get the bomb I find getting someone to launch you is the best tactic.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
My strategy is basically the same for the first part because I just walk up with my team and stop a little bit before the bomb. when my team gets to the bomb is when I go. my only problem in grifball is that my team always sucks. <_< I don't like to play grifball a lot though because it gets boring to me and I don't get a lot of credits. I only play it when I want to.
:rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure every playlist gives you around the same amount of credits, and it's based on game length.

Top Bottom
Login
Register