What's new

[HOW TO] Play BO2 with friends and mods *NO BAN EVER*

Should i make an Updated Tutorial for playing bo2 with friends and mods?

• Total voters
G

Gravitea

Reaction score
Sin$
So guys, its been a while since my last post which was how to use mods on Redacted. But since then, i made it my goal to work on a online mode through redacted so mods would work. It was difficult, i wont lie. But i have figured out how to make it work. Here is a step by step guide on how to play mods with friends and NOT GET BANNED!

*Step 1 - Have a copy of BO2
(This is Steam only. I DO NOT know of a way to possibly even use Cracked copy's of BO2 due to needing Steam to start the game)

*Step 2 - Download Redacted LAN
(Most of you here are most likely familiar with Redacted as it used to be a very famous Crack for repacked BO2. As that violates Treyarchs TOS, Redacted faced legal issues. The only way to keep Redacted going, was to make Redacted into an Addon. Introducing the Redacted LAN Addon. This creates a separate server system through BO2 but requires you to OWN a copy of the game and verify at startup through steam)

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/download/af4x3um0h0ysrvx/Redacted_LAN+ORIGINAL.rar
VIRUS SCAN - https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...784cf6bd3687cb1e8045433d/analysis/1468437582/

*Step 3 - Install Redacted LAN
(To install Redacted lan, Simply Copy all the files from the Redacted LAN Folder, into your BO2 Directory, generally located at (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II) Replace all the files it asks to and let it copy them. Once finished, move to next Step)
I8YNPWG.png

*Step 4 (Optional) - Change your In Game Name
(If you would like to have your own name in BO2 instead of the Boring "Redacted" Playername, Go to Your BO2 Directory, and look for a Configuration File named "Redacted". It should look something like this:
7fsmyVP.png

once you have found this file, Right click on it, go to Properties, and uncheck the Read Only box at the bottom:
eSmhcjc.png

Once unchecked, open the Redacted Configuration File with Your favorite Notepad software (i like to use Notepad++), then Change where it says "Username" like this:
adYgHxj.png

Now save the file by either going to file in the top right, and click save, or do CTRL+S on your keyboard.

*Step 5 - Start Game
(to start the game, Use the file named "t6mpv43" in your BO2 Directory. If you would like a shortcut on your Desktop, Simply right click this file>go to Send to> And click Desktop (create shortcut)

MAKE SURE STEAM IS RUNNING WHEN YOU LAUNCH GAME OR REDACTED WILL NOT CONNECT*

You now have Redacted running and should be able to play custom games but online will not work because of no servers, although you will see that BO2 says 404 players online like this:
1FowU9S.png

*Step 6 - Play with Friends
(To play with friends is pretty easy when you get down to it. Hamachi doesnt seem to work for this and neither does Tunngle but i have found a simple solution. Download a Program named "Evolve". When downloaded, install to your computer and Restart your system to take full affect. Once your computer is back on, open Evolve. Make an account if you havent already and verify your email so you can send and receive friend requests. Then, you should be connected and can create a party for you and your friends. Simply go to Multiplayer>Create party. once youve made a party, you can configure your voice chat settings and speaker settings. If you run into an issue where is says you cannot be connected at the bottom of the screen, like this:
Yu2Ofl9.png

go to your device manager, and go to network adapters:
jQASHmF.png

Right click on :Evolve Virtual Ethernet Adapter">Go to Properties>And go to Advanced:
PahOSnt.png

Put a "0" in the Value Box for MAC Address and hit ok. Once done, Evolve should connect to the party and you should be able to play with friends.

*Step 7 - Connect to Friends
(to Connect to friends, both of you need to have BO2 running on on the multiplayer screen, like this:
1FowU9S.png

Then Press "F" on your Keyboard, and you should see everyone in your Evolve party, appear on your friends list. you can invite them to a game and play in custom games with mods and no ban risk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below with my tag and i will respond to as many as i can. Hopefully this helps a lot of you as it has helped me :biggrin:

Enjoy!

L

LongRodTod

Reaction score
Sin$
+Gravitea my Friend and I have both done everything you wrote and he isn't in my friend list? FIXED

Last edited:
G

Gravitea

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! How do I run mods though?
i will be making an Updated forum post for the latest version of Redacted but you basically just want to put the mods in your scripts folder located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops II\data\scripts 
+Gravitea my Friend and I have both done everything you wrote and he isn't in my friend list? FIXED
let me know if you need anymore help :smile:

C

clvrk

Reaction score
Sin$
How did you fix it L LongRodTod +LongRodTod ? My friends don't appear in my friendslist, and thanks Gravitea for the help with the mods!

L

LongRodTod

Reaction score
Sin$
How did you fix it L LongRodTod +LongRodTod ? My friends don't appear in my friendslist, and thanks Gravitea for the help with the mods!
I don't really know xD. I restarted my pc and when we tried again he was in my friendslist. Sorry if I can't help

W

WiseWizard

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello is this work too for Bo2 the Nosteam Version .. it has redacted in it but i don't know how to play Online i found the 404 online but zero friends and i ddnt find any public matchs in zombie online :/ and if you have any working Mod menu for the Nosteam version plz let me know
Very thanks ^^

Netrox14

Netrox14

Reaction score
Sin$
Do my friends need to have a copy of the game too or can it be cracked? what if they are connected to my account with steam family share and downloaded the game like that? we can play it but not in the same time, will this allow us to play in the same time?

M

Mpraneeth123

Reaction score
Sin$
Does this contain nuketown and other maps as usual or do I need to download them? Can we play with bots?

Last edited:
M

Mpraneeth123

Reaction score
Sin$
Does steam need to be connected to Internet before we start the game the 1st time or is anything there like that or just login to steam the 1st time and then go to steam offline and play! Will it work like that?

Last edited:
Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Do my friends need to have a copy of the game too or can it be cracked? what if they are connected to my account with steam family share and downloaded the game like that? we can play it but not in the same time, will this allow us to play in the same time?
They cannot play on the same account while you are playing something else.

K

KyroMax

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi when I make custom classes after one game some of the classes reset and also the tactical dissappears and it is really annoying

Timotjee v6

Timotjee v6

#1 Se7ensins PS3 Hoster!
Reaction score
Sin$
There are no guarantees no bans will be given, as you're not hidden from anything. But will do the job for how far it works

R

Rxzzer

Reaction score
Sin$
I did this placed it into my steam bo2 directory i had steam open but it loaded and didnt connect

Svenskaren12322

Svenskaren12322

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so I've got redacted and everything, I've got 2 different mods as well, and I create a custom game WITHOUT FRIENDS and only bots and it works perfectly, I then disconnect and try again to see if I can connect without an issue, it works. So from here, I thought it would work perfectly so I disconnected again to invite my friend to the current lobby. He joins and when I start the game it puts me into the loading screen then freezes as soon as it starts loading, with the text "awaiting challenge...1" then I have to close down the game and no luck.

Top Bottom
Login
Register