PC [HOW TO] Play BO2 with friends and mods *NO BAN EVER*

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: BO2 Modding' started by Gravitea, Jul 13, 2016 with 28 replies and 49,003 views.

Tags:

Should i make an Updated Tutorial for playing bo2 with friends and mods?

1. Yes

93.1%
  2. No

3.4%
  3. IDGAF

3.4%
  1. ofekf123

ofekf123 Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey!
    So evolve kind of shutdown a while ago. do you know alternatives for it? please answer. i really wanna play cod bo2 zombies with my friends again

2. OP
    Gravitea

Gravitea Newbie

Ratings:
    yes there are some alternatives you can try out, id recommend trying Hamachi first (https://www.vpn.net/), go on, create an account, have your friends do the same, download the program, youll probably have to restart your pc from my experience with it, then one of you will be the host. start the application, create a lobby, then give your friends the info to your lobby, they will join and then you will all be on a shared network together, then you should be able to go into BO2 local and join the game of a friend. check youtube for some videos on using hamachi.

3. WhyWontUListen

WhyWontUListen Newbie

Ratings:
    Question, I did this for the Zombies mode and not MP as I haven't downloaded it yet. If I download MP after doing this for zombies, will I have to repeat the process or will it work even though I did it for the zombies mode first. Redacted and a mod menu of course.

4. ObamaHackedMe

ObamaHackedMe Newbie

Ratings:
    Hamachi = Does not work, as far as I know it never has with redacted!
    The BEST alternative is Soft Ether VPN. You can create your own VPN server and allow other users to connect to it.

You can either use my VPN server - or make your own.

Download can be found here; Go to my profile and click the homepage link, I can't post links yet...

My VPN Server Info - Copy this EXACT information
    [​IMG]

PAY ATTENTION!
    When your friends download they need to download the CLIENT!
    You download the Server Manager to make your own server.
    When installing, select the First option "Soft Ether Server" it will come with everything you need.
    NOTE: You will have to port forward the specific port you use for the VPN. Mine is 5555

I recommend you have another PC to host the VPN on, I'm not sure the Server Manager will work correctly along side the client.

If you need any help add me on Discord - Shooter#9927
    If you add me I will invite you to my discord! Small price to pay for a little help...

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  5. OP
    Gravitea

Gravitea Newbie

Ratings:
    This is an AMAZINGLY INFORMATIVE POST!
    Thank you for taking the time to add this!

6. Dragon124

Dragon124 Newbie

Ratings:
    I must say that this does interest me, if only because playing zombies in Black Ops II has always been more annoying than enjoyable on certain maps. I am not really, “new,” to modifying games, though I have never attempted to do something like this, per se—something involving working around a game’s, “anti-cheat,” software.

I do have a few questions, and I apologize if they seem foolish or overtly obvious. Firstly, why would this prevent one from getting banned? Does the game not always run an anti-cheat program in the background of the process? Secondly, what do you mean by, “mods,” in this case? Are we talking about something that is injected into the game’s process?

Thanks for taking the time to read and/or answer this post, of course.

7. OP
    Gravitea

Gravitea Newbie

Ratings:
    no question is ever a bad question. Firstly, the reason this prevents the User from being banned is because there was a service released by a group of Developers that allowed users to use their Private Servers in conjuction with the original game. Shortly after Activision/Treyarch found out about this, they had issued a Cease and Desist Letter to the Developers, Claiming what they were doing Violated the Terms & Agreements from Activision/Treyarch. Lots of drama sturred up in the BO2 community, the service was made Offline and people got pissed. Months went by with the service being down, as they were jumping through hoops in court over this Private Server Addon. Eventually, Activision/Treyarch and the Redacted Dev Team came to an agreement. Activision/Treyarch would allow the Redacted Service as an ADDON for the official copy of the game. it would Include a Game Owner Verification System and VAC Ban Check to prevent Pirates from using the service, and on Redacted's part, they would add in additional content to a game that was no longer looking at getting updates, they would port in guns and maps from older COD's to bring life back to the game. it would also allow players to host their own servers, and have people from all over join via the Servers List. Unfortunately, The Development of the Project ended up falling away and Release of it was never OFFICIAL from Activision/Treyarch or Steam. To this day, you can still get the last version of the Redacted Project at Redacted.se, it has support for Offline Bots & LAN Games, aswell as guns and maps ported into it from previous COD's, but as for the possibility of creating your own Private Server, that feature was never finished.

Secondly, "Mods" in this case are GSC Mods, which are injected into the Games Processes. These Mods can range from ModMenus and Cheat Tools, to GameModes and Maps. There are TONS of GSC Mods out there, and there are still mods being developed for this game to this day!

Sorry for the long response, i figured id give as much of the history of this as i could, ive followed it since BO2 came out and i just wish it actually came to full fruition and we had Private Servers for Bo2 Steam, but who knows, maybe it will come back again for another chance at Making BO2 Great Again!

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dragon124

Dragon124 Newbie

Ratings:
    Thank you for such a detailed reply on the subject. A lengthy and informative post is the best case scenario for an online community question in my book! :smile:

I have not followed any Activision/Treyarch news in a long while, so the relationship between they and the Redacted team is definitely news to me. I will probably try and get this working later. Your initial posts, and the informative reply made a short bit above, should be enough information to get things underway.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    Gravitea

Gravitea Newbie

Ratings:
    Let me know if you ever need help with anything BO2+PC Involved, Id love to be of as much assistance as i can :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1