What's new

Patched How to Passive Mode Glitch RDR2 Online [Solo] Method

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey se7ensins,
Today I bring a Passive Mode glitch that allows you to hunt and do stranger missions unbothered. So no more griefers :tongue:
You can also get into Missions and showdown lobbies still in passive mode. So use however you like and share the word.

Here is a quick video showing and explaining how to do it :smile:

Text Tutorial: (Is for PS4 but same concept for xboxone)
First you want to pull up your freeroam menu and go to players
Now go to recent players, and Make sure there are players in that list
Click on a player and see if Join session highlights (so you can join that player)
Press join session and wait a sec / You Will see "Process Joining"
Now quickly hit PS button and go to settings, then network, then uncheck and recheck the connect to internet tab
Quickly press ps button and click on game
Ignore the first message, accept the second and accept the third message.
Now you are brought back to the main menu and can choose whatever Gamemode you like.

*You are now in the Passive Mode glitch and can go hunt and do stranger Missions unbothered, or troll people in missions*
Enjoy :smile:

Credit:
Eddie Mac / x5150xi

Last edited:
R

rusbeckia

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice! Encountered this by accident once. Good to know how I‘ve done it lol

EDIT: that also means there‘s another way to do it where you don‘t need to reconnect network. Maybe it happens too when you join a player right before he leaves the session

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice! Encountered this by accident once. Good to know how I‘ve done it lol

EDIT: that also means there‘s another way to do it where you don‘t need to reconnect network. Maybe it happens too when you join a player right before he leaves the session

Yes you are correct, you can do it that way as well but the timing needs to be just right and this method is a lot easier and more accurate.

IvIDoomIvI

IvIDoomIvI

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Everytime I select freemode I just get disconnected from red dead online error and kicked back to menu even when I get target player error I've only gotten it to work once in 35 trys so far

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Everytime I select freemode I just get disconnected from red dead online error and kicked back to menu even when I get target player error I've only gotten it to work once in 35 trys so far

I would say your timing is off, but you say you get the player error so I am not sure why that is happening to you. very rarely do i miss the timing but it works for me 99% of the time.

IvIDoomIvI

IvIDoomIvI

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got it to work again but now issue I'm having is stranger missions the job won't finish it's like the npc won't let me deliver the mail bag

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So I got it to work again but now issue I'm having is stranger missions the job won't finish it's like the npc won't let me deliver the mail bag

Have not ran into that one either but no doubt that will be some issues here and there. Like if you go to your camp and use wardrobe and back out or go to cripps and back out it will glitch out your camp (at least it does for me). But the main point is to hunt and not be bothered by griefers :smile:

rick gronl

rick gronl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you able to see other players and not just the blips on the map after doing the glitch??

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you able to see other players and not just the blips on the map after doing the glitch??

No they are invisible to you. Only sometimes when by a butcher, store or stranger mission do you become visible to each other.

L

Lennard Pearce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That happens regardless its the bugs you get sometimes

DarkShadowGlitch

DarkShadowGlitch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
PS4 tip: To get to network settings faster, Start up RDR2 and while it's loading go to the network settings screen then while on it double tap PS button which will put you back in the game and essentially make a shortcut to that screen, Now anytime you double tap ps button it will switch from the game to that screen without the need to scroll through settings! Saves a bit of time. :wink:

televisedfool

televisedfool

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried for about a half hour last night to get this to work on xbox and couldn't. Kept getting the "you've been disconnected from red dead online and will be returned to the main menu" error instead of the other errors. Tried doing the steps as fast as I could then with a slight delay and still couldn't get it to work.

korjal

korjal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
works but when i check the player list none of them are faded out only on the map the glitch still works just you have to check on map if players are faded on xbox

E

eddie mac

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
works but when i check the player list none of them are faded out only on the map the glitch still works just you have to check on map if players are faded on xbox

Yes the map is the only place you will see the faded dots next to the player names. Bringing up the freeroam menu and going to players won't show anything faded :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register