What's new

Tutorial How to Organize your Hanger

C

Captain Pocky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, I have been messing around with how the aircraft menu is organized and finally figured it out. I know I can't be the only one who gets OCD looking at an unorganized jumble of aircraft, so I thought I'd post my findings here for you.

--------------------

So the floor positions each correspond to a specific "storage slot", which is the aircraft's true position in the hanger. For example, if you have a Medium aircraft in the Medium 2 position on the floor, it is really sitting in the 5th slot of the hanger. The interaction menu goes in order of these storage slots. The order is:

(1) Small 1, (2) Small 2, (3) Medium 1, (4) Large 1, (5) Medium 2
(6) Small 3, (7) Small 4, (8) Small 5, (9) Small 6, (10) Medium 3
(11) Small 7, (12) Medium 4, (13) Small 8, (14) Large 2, (15) Small 9
(16) Small 10, (17) Medium 5, (18) Small 11, (19) Small 12, (20) Overflow

Slot 20 is overflow, and is where a 13th small, 6th medium, or 3rd large aircraft automatically goes. After that, they start filling up the storage in order. So if for example you want a large aircraft in slot (6), a small position, the quickest thing to do would be to fill the hanger with three large aircraft (to fill up slots 4, 14, and 20; aka Large 1, Large 2, and Overflow), leave Small 1 empty, and fly a fourth large plane in. The fourth large plane then goes into storage slot (1). You can then move a small aircraft in Small 3 (slot 6) to Small 1 (slot 1), and the large plane will swap places with it, going to (6) in storage.

Thus the easiest way to organize everything is to do the following:
1.) Put all of your aircraft in storage
2.) Decide the order you would like your aircraft in (e.g. alphabetical, by planes & helicopters, etc.)
3.) Put them on the floor in as close to that order as you can, following the above list. Try to organize around the small aircraft, as those are the hardest to put into other sizes' slots.
4.) Fill in the blanks by storing aircraft in storage slots that aren't their size

Another easy (but more time consuming) way to do Step 4 is to fill the hanger with aircraft that are the same size as the one you need to squeeze into another size's slot, then swap them. For example, if you want an Akula in slot (9) (aka Small 6), you can:
1.) Leave Small 6 empty
2.) Fill the hanger up with Hydras
3.) Put the Akula on the floor in something random like Medium 5
4.) Put the Hydra that ends up in storage slot (9) into Medium 5, swapping the Akula back to (9) :smile:

---------------------------

TL;DR Hanger storage is complicated, but not too hard to organize if you just remember which floor positions correspond to which storage slots. Now if only I could figure out how the Motorcycle Club menu is organized...

P

Piggehhh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get more utility bill cost the more aircraft you have on the floor. So if you never actually use a vehicle or generally only ever request it while out put them in storage

N

nacms

Reaction score
Thanks man this is helpfull .

G

Gandalf61

You Shall Not Pass!
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I just saw this. again thanks for your hard work. medium planes and large planes take up more than one spot. For example, I could have 20 large aircraft in the hanger. Correct?

C

Captain Pocky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw this. again thanks for your hard work. medium planes and large planes take up more than one spot. For example, I could have 20 large aircraft in the hanger. Correct?
Yes that's right, but only two on the floor of course

D

DarkFistMD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt get the way to organize, could you explain with more details? Maybe make a video?

C

Captain Pocky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt get the way to organize, could you explain with more details? Maybe make a video?
Even better if you want, you can tell me the order you want your planes in and I'll write out the steps to organize it that way so people will have an example they could follow :smile:

D

DarkFistMD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, perfect, thx man!

The order would be Akula, Laser, Hydra, Buzzard, Cargobob, Pyro, Rogue, Hunter, Seabreeze. After the Cargobob, the Volatol would fit anywhere. I have another planes, but it wouldn't matter the remaining ones' order.

T

TheBoss2321

Banned
Reaction score
20 bombushka one of each slot

C

Captain Pocky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, perfect, thx man!

The order would be Akula, Laser, Hydra, Buzzard, Cargobob, Pyro, Rogue, Hunter, Seabreeze. After the Cargobob, the Volatol would fit anywhere. I have another planes, but it wouldn't matter the remaining ones' order.
Cool, sorry I got busy yesterday. Anyway, to start off with, I list the aircraft in order of how we want them. Here I'll assume we just put those planes in the first 10 slots so you can fill up the last 10 however you want. If the entry is bolded it means that the aircraft will be in a slot it doesn't fit in normally:

(1) Small 1 = Akula, (2) Small 2 = Laser, (3) Medium 1 = Hydra, (4) Large 1 = Buzzard, (5) Medium 2 = Cargobob,
(6) Small 3 = Pyro, (7) Small 4 = Rogue, (8) Small 5 = Hunter, (9) Small 6 = Seabreeze, (10) Medium 3 = Volatol

So this order is actually pretty good -- there are only 4 aircraft that don't fit in their spots. With that said, the steps are:
  1. Go ahead and put the aircraft that fit their spots into those spots on the floor. For example, put the Laser in Small 2 on the floor and the Hydra in Medium 1. Don't worry if they send each other to storage. In fact, it may be easiest to send all of the aircraft to storage temporarily for the next few steps.
  2. For the last 4 aircraft, we need to put Pegasus aircraft that match their size into the wrongly-sized slot, then swap them
  3. If you have room, the easiest way to do this is to first fill up the hanger with at least 2 Buzzards (for the Akula and the Hunter in 1 & 8), 1 Hydra (for the Volatol in 10), and 1 Milljet (for the Buzzard in 4) that you don't mind losing. Lmk if you don't have room, or don't have a Milljet. It doesn't make it much harder, just a little different.
  4. Put the 2 Buzzards into Small 1 and Small 5, the Hydra into Medium 3, and the Milljet into Large 1 on the floor. The list is now:
(1) Small 1 = Buzzard, (2) Small 2 = Laser, (3) Medium 1 = Hydra, (4) Large 1 = Milljet, (5) Medium 2 = Cargobob,
(6) Small 3 = Pyro, (7) Small 4 = Rogue, (8) Small 5 = Buzzard, (9) Small 6 = Seabreeze, (10) Medium 3 = Hydra
  1. Now we put the wrong-sized vehicles into the bolded slots. We want medium aircraft in Small 1 & Small 5, a large aircraft in Medium 3, and a small aircraft in Large 1. So put new Hydras into the 1st and 8th slots, overriding the Buzzards in Small 1 & Small 5, a new Milljet into the 10th slot, overriding the Hydra in Medium 3, and a new Buzzard into the 4th slot, overriding the Milljet in Large 1. The list now looks like:
(1) Small 1 = Hydra, (2) Small 2 = Laser, (3) Medium 1 = Hydra, (4) Large 1 = Buzzard, (5) Medium 2 = Cargobob,
(6) Small 3 = Pyro, (7) Small 4 = Rogue, (8) Small 5 = Hydra, (9) Small 6 = Seabreeze, (10) Medium 3 = Milljet
  1. With this done, all you have to do is swap the aircraft with the one you want. For example, first put the Akula into Medium 4 (which we don't care about). Then take the Hydra in Small 1, and put it into Medium 4 over the Akula. This swaps the Akula back to Small 1 in storage -- just where we want it. :smile:
  2. Repeat for the Hunter and the Volatol. Put the Hunter in Medium 4, then put the Hydra in Small 5 over it. Put the Volatol in Large 2, then put the Milljet from Medium 3 over it. And with that we're all done :thumbsup:
Let me know if you have any questions. Also you can leave the non-bolded aircraft on the floor if you want.

D

DarkFistMD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt get exactly some things.

1. Should I put the first Pegasus aircrafts (2 Buzzards, 1 Hydra and 1 Miljet) inside the Hangar with its floor with no room?
2. How do I exactly would put the wrong-sized Pegasus aircrafts (2 Hydras, 1 Miljet and 1 Buzzard) in the spots they aren't meant to be?

C

Captain Pocky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt get exactly some things.

1. Should I put the first Pegasus aircrafts (2 Buzzards, 1 Hydra and 1 Miljet) inside the Hangar with its floor with no room?
2. How do I exactly would put the wrong-sized Pegasus aircrafts (2 Hydras, 1 Miljet and 1 Buzzard) in the spots they aren't meant to be?
1. They can go in whenever/wherever. It's just a good time to put those guys in while you're filling the hanger up anyway. Also don't worry about what's on the floor. Each aircraft has a "true position" in the hanger, whether it's visible on the floor or not. So an Akula can be in Small 1 on the floor (= 1st storage/interaction menu slot), even if you can't see it

2. You call in new ones from Pegasus, then fly them into the full hanger. You'll be asked to replace a vehicle and you just select the vehicle you want to overwrite. So if there's a Buzzard in Small 1, overwriting it with a Hydra will put the Hydra in Small 1

Top Bottom