How to Open your Xbox 360 With Ease

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by AzzidReign, Dec 27, 2008 with 13 replies and 4,655 views.

1. AzzidReign

AzzidReign I don't do modded or money lobbies. NO GTA AT ALL! Administrator

Ratings:
    Learn how to easily open your Xbox 360 up in minutes without scratching the case.

How to Open your Xbox 360 With Ease

XBox 360's are expensive and I like to keep things unmarked/scuffed when I open them up, here's how!

Note, you can use screwdrivers to open the xbox 360 case, but when you do it will scuff the plastic indicating that the console has been opened. This way will leave you with an unmarked xbox 360. There are guides for the basic disassembly all over the net, especially here on Se7enSins.

Step 1

If you're opening up a 360 you're probably going to backup some games. so take the tub your spindle of discs came in and cut a bit from the side of it and put it over the console as shown below. Then mark out where the holes are.

[​IMG]

Then make it into a key like this. The tabs need to be about 1cm long.

[​IMG]

Then do the same for the other side and you'll get two xbox 360 case opening keys that look like these:

[​IMG]

Step 2

Open the front of the console as normal and put a bit of newspaper or something inside the case to hold the front open a bit, then insert the key, push with a bit of force and you should hear it click and the case will open.

[​IMG]

Repeat for the other side and you're done!

This guide has been modified from the original:
    [Click here to view the link]

• Like Like x 4
  2. ii CoRrUpT xX

ii CoRrUpT xX Contributor

Ratings:
    Nice tutorial Azzid :thumbup:.

Something that you could include and improve would be to add the part with blow drying the sticker off so you don't void your warranty.

3. bradenriver64

bradenriver64 Banned

Ratings:
    Nice tutorial you just saved me $5.

4. blodia275

blodia275 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :? I dont understand how is the case from your spindle suppose to look like that i mean is it not to weak to even withstand the pressure

5. OP
    AzzidReign

Ratings:
    Plastic from spindles is really hard so it will be able to withstand the slight pressure you need to open your Xbox.

6. Girn

Girn Newbie

Ratings:
    where do you put these newspaper? i dont understand that part i skipped it but i made those plastic keys with my cd case cover and it wont open even tho its pushed in all the way.. i mean it opens a tiny bit but thats it.. damnit

7. OP
    AzzidReign

Ratings:
    You open the front and stuff a cloth or something there so it doesn't close back up so when you open the back, it will open easily.

8. Girn

Girn Newbie

Ratings:
    do you mean the front 4 tabs where the dvd drive is?

9. OP
    AzzidReign

Ratings:
    The front....the only front on the console. I guess to make things easier for you...the front is where the dvd drive comes out from.

10. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Wow, I never thought of using something I simply throw away every so often to open my xbox easier. I don't open it much but when I do I usually used a screwdriver and pry'd it open. At this point you almost have to rip it off because the back it like non existent. I will use this for when I open my new xbox's and such that way they won't get ruined and hopefully they will stay in better shape. Thanks.

11. Girn

Girn Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks man, keys were a ***** to make cuz it kept breaking when i was cutting with sissors.. i think my cd cover was harder plastic then you used.. the whole reason i did it was to return my broken xbox 360 for a new one lol.. worked like a charm.. looked brand new

12. lx leo xl

lx leo xl Getting There

Ratings:
    I can't find the video, but opening the xbox is so much less of a hassle. All you do is unpin the front pins, then put your xbox on your lap, hold it down tight and bring back the top part of the case. If I could find the video... Its so much faster and it doesn't damage the console

13. feralnub

feralnub Newbie

Ratings:
    i want to see a pic or something of where i am gonna be stickin stuff into my xbox. i don' tsee a single pic of where to stick the front ones. and i would assume that one of the keys i have already would open it, but i don't really see identical slots, as a matter of fact i don't even know where they are, is there 4 or 2? i only see a possible 4, but only two are underneath the drive. i'm left mildy confused.

14. iBiLLzZ

iBiLLzZ Enthusiast

Ratings: