Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a little more in-depth tutorial on how to mod your GPD or profile. This is for Xbox/PC only. Modding your GPD involves getting some data off of your Xbox. For this you will need Horizon. You do not need a Diamond membership to mod BL2. You will then need a USB flash drive to plug into your Xbox.

Follow the steps here to extract your GPD:
How to Extract Your GPD/Profile

PC users will just need to find their profile.bin file. It is normally located here if you are using Steam:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\my games\borderlands 2\willowgame\savedata\74561193071261730
Once you've got the two files you will need saved to your PC, you will need Philymast3r's GPD Editor. PC users will need this version of the software: PC Profile Editor. You will need to extract the files from the RAR file into a folder on your PC. Do not move the executable out of the folder or the program will not run.

Once you've extracted the files, run the GPD Editor and you will see the program open. If you have issues with the software running, try right-clicking and Running as Administrator. Click on the File button on the top left and click open. The software will ask first for your GPD file (5454087C.gpd) and then it will ask for your profile. PC users need only open their profile.bin.

When you first open your profile it will display whatever stats you currently have. The following picture will show you the maximum values that can be modified with the editor. RECOMMENDATION: DO NOT PUT YOUR VALUES ANYWHERE NEAR THESE MAXIMUM VALUES!
RvOJQvl.png

Like I said, do not modify your values anywhere near these amounts and I'll explain why:​
  • Modifying your BA Rank too high can cause your game to freeze. It's also completely irrelevant since you can mod your stats any way you want.
  • Giving yourself 999 Million BA Tokens is useless as you can modify the stats directly. Also, good luck actually using that many.
  • Same thing with Golden Keys as BA Tokens. You can give yourself 65k of them if you want but, are you really going to open that chest that many times?
  • Too high of a Fire Rate can freeze your game.
  • Too high on a lot of these stats will simply make the game no fun.
For reference, this is an approximate list of the stats that I run on a normal basis:
Maximum Health: +2000.0%
Shield Capacity: +1000.0%
Shield Recharge Delay: -100.0%
Shield Recharge Rate: +100.0%
Melee Damage: +100.0%
Grenade Damage: +100.0%
Gun Damage: +100.0%
Gun Accuracy: +10000.0%
Fire Rate: +50.0%
Recoil Reduction: +5000.0%
Reload Speed: +5000.0%
Elemental Effect Chance: +100.0%
Elemental Effect Damage: +100.0%
Critical Hit Damage: +100.0%
As you can see, they are nowhere near the 9 Million some-odd percent that is possible. You can definitely go higher on some of these if you wish, I would just not recommend pushing Fire Rate too high.

Once you have modded your stats to your liking, save the file. Open your profile back up off of your USB in Horizon and go to the Contents tab. Scroll down until you find the correct GPD file and right-click and hit Replace. Find the modded GPD and hit ok. Then click Save, Rehash, and Resign.

um0L0nL.jpg

PC users just need to save the file if you've opened it directly from your save folder. If not, just copy the modded profile.bin back into your save folder and make sure you are replacing the original.

Now, for Xbox users this is where it can get kind of tricky. I've heard lots of different things on how to get the modded profile to stick after modding and I'm going to just go over exactly what I do. I've had good success this way with my own profiles and many other users that I've modded in my Save Editing Service.

1. Plug USB drive into Xbox.
2. Power on Xbox.
3. Do Not Sign In.
4. Move Profile back to HDD.
5. Sign In.
6. Start BL2
7. Profit???

Some people have suggested giving yourself at least a few tokens and using them in game before saving and quitting but, I personally haven't found that to be necessary. Well, anyhow, I hope this little tutorial was informative enough and helped you to mod your own GPD/Profile. :smile:

Last edited:
Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Another great tutorial. :smile: You almost convinced me I could do this on my own, lol. Btw, you should gather all your tut's in a mega "How to" thread. :smile:

roz

roz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Another great tutorial.could you do one on how to get bl2 codes.
CODE: BL2(hwAAAAA5awAASINA/i+TmUJBgxKM4f//G5RRFBJQEGLEQvk=)

N

neon chocobo

Reaction score
Sin$
What do i do if i am only downloading a game save from this sight without useing gpd editor? Do i still hit replace? Cuz i have seen other things like injecting files then changing the id's, only changing the id's, and replaceing the file. Does it all depend on the save or something? Plz reply thanks

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
TheDeathFlows

TheDeathFlows

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank u so much :smile: have a big grin on my face lol but um when u play with modded badaas ranks and modded accounts do I have to appear offline?

P

pantyhouse

Reaction score
Sin$
Does this requires your consoloe to be with Jtag? I try yesterday and it didnt give me any gold key, neither badass point.... only says my level of badass goes like 1667 something like that.

TheDeathFlows

TheDeathFlows

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Pa
Does this requires your consoloe to be with Jtag? I try yesterday and it didnt give me any gold key, neither badass point.... only says my level of badass goes like 1667 something like that.
If u follow step by step u should have it right also dont get a ton of golden keys and no jtag require :wink:

P

pantyhouse

Reaction score
Sin$
Pa
If u follow step by step u should have it right also dont get a ton of golden keys and no jtag require :wink:
Thanks, i did it as far as a step by step i think, but the problem is that i need to ask 2 things:

1.- When i copy the profile to the USB and extract this to a folder in my Desktop, then do i had to drag and drop THIS FILE from my desktop, to then extract the GDP file, or do i had to drag and drop the one that is already in my USB and still loaded in Horizon?
After that, i just mod the stats (strange cause in the GDP file, i still can see the badass level lke 2290, lots of golden tickets and points, but cannot see any of this in the game, just the level of badass) save the GDP, and replace, but do i had to replace it in the FILE i put in my USB, drag and drop in Horizon, then Save Resign and Rehash, then save to my device, cause in the tutorial doesnt said this, but in the pictures, you can see at that exact point the SAVE TO YOUR DEVICE active button, then it will overwrite the one thats already in the USB.

2.- I had 3 characters in my 2 devices, one in the HD (wich i dont use too much) and 2 more in the USB, a level 60, and a level 21. But none had anything of golden tickets, neither the badass points. Anyhow, if i mod the stats in the GDP file, resign and do all of that, what character will had the stats, badass, and golden tickets? Or do i had to move all my characters to my HD instead of the USB?

THANKS!!!

Om3ga Shenron

Om3ga Shenron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
DOMIN8 DOMIN8 , AWESOME TUTORIAL DUDE!!!:cool: After the successful item drops you added to my GPD yesterday, I felt really confident about trying out the modding for stats. And man I can't BELIEVE how EASY it is! Now my Gunzerker.... is a walking abomination of death...:tongue: and all my toons are epic badass! Gave a nice boost to BA rank to offset the added values I changed to my Bonus Stats.. it would look kinda odd if my character had +1000% health and only 10000BA rank lol.:wink: You rock man.. this modding stuff is fun. Still not quite ready to mod and add in items, weapons, etc. but i am curious. I'd like to add Rid Rock to my characters... But in any case.. I'm sure my Zerker with 604k health at level 54.... will be quite unstoppable in UHVM! :biggrin:

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man... You can easily max out your Eridium in Gibbed under the Currencies tab

badeentje

badeentje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I modded my GPD perfectly.

Didnt change much.

Only unlock all skins and 30 badasspoints but nothing more.

Now when i join a co op player my game freezes.

What is going wrong? I am a noob at these things and i am scared like sh*t right now.
Sorry for my language but i am realy scared.

spartanavenger2

spartanavenger2

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey DOMIN8 DOMIN8 . Great tutorial. I haven't actually tried it out yet, but I will soon. Just have one question out of curiosity. Is there a way you can modify your character's levels? For example, If i wanted one of my classes was level 1 or 10, is there a way i can mod him to level 72 or even op 8? Thanks! :smile:

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey DOMIN8 DOMIN8 . Great tutorial. I haven't actually tried it out yet, but I will soon. Just have one question out of curiosity. Is there a way you can modify your character's levels? For example, If i wanted one of my classes was level 1 or 10, is there a way i can mod him to level 72 or even op 8? Thanks! :smile:
You can do that with Gibbed.

spartanavenger2

spartanavenger2

Reaction score
Sin$
okay. Is Gibbed another person on Se7enSins or is it something downloadable like Horizon? Sorry just want to clarify

Top Bottom
Login
Register