What's new

Tutorial How to Mod Your Gamertag in MW2 (Very Easy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZyGo

ZyGo

Gettin' Keify
VIP
Retired
Forum Addict Platinum Record Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Mod Your Gamertag in MW2
By: ZyGoMaTiC

This tutorial will show you how to mod your gamertag on an Xbox 360 using EzGt 2.2. Be aware, there is always a possibility that you will get banned if caught modding online.

What you will need:
1. Transfer Cable (FREE!)
2. WinRar 32 Bit or Winrar 64 Bit
3. Xport 360 or USBXplorer (For flash drives)
4. EzGt 2.2

This tutorial will be using Xport 360, but i will add USB over time.
How to do it:
1. Connect your HDD or Memory Card to your computer using your Data Migration Kit.
2. Open Xport 360 (Make sure to run as administrator)
1. Right click Xport 360​
2. Select run as administrator.​
3. Click File> Open HDD or Memory Card> Select your device.
4. This should come up.
2142p3d.jpg

5. Select your HDD or Memory Card.
Device not showing up? Look at this.
6. Navigate to "Partition 3> Content> E0000[Your Gamertag ID]> FFFE07D1> 00010000> Your profile is here.
8d88726fc792c53e5db115007188425a.gif

7. Drag your profile to your desktop.
8. Open the folder containing EzGt 2.2
r29rer.jpg

9. Right click EzGt 2.2 and run as administrator.
10. Click the top left icon> Open> Select your profile> Open.
b49eafdf3a1b6368ab74416e896dfbb7.gif

11. Now that your profile is open, type the new gamertag you would like. (Max character ammount: 15)
For example, I changed mine to Se7ensins.com
34zkpl5.jpg

12. You can now go to the Add tab at the top to add buttons and colors. Each color or button you add is 2 characters.
For example, I added the color red to the beginning of my name, this will make my whole name red, thus making the total number of characters in my name 15.
ebd5ky.jpg

13. Now your done and you can save your profile.
Click the top left icon> Save> Select save location> OK> Close EzGt 2.2
2b3dac6c80669058d615a5add9200163.gif

14. You now have a folder wherever you chose to save to called "E0000314FA661940", We're going to put that on your HDD or Memory Card.
15. Open Xport 360
16. Select File> Open Open HDD or Memory Card> Now select your device and select OK.
17. Go to Partition 3> Content> Drag the "E0000314FA661940" folder into the content folder.
Cant drag the folder in there? Look at here.
6db537a68f9814c5188a01240ffc4238.gif

18. Now you plug your HDD back into your xbox 360.
19. Boot into MW2, dont sign into any accounts yet.
20. Select Multiplayer, Now your going to be where it says Xbox Live, System Link, etc.
21. Sign into the modded account
22. The avatar selection screen will come up, just hit the xbox button
23. Now hit Xbox Live, it will say you cannot play and pop up with all of your profiles.
24. Select your REAL gamertag, not the modded one.
25. It should now take you into MW2 and your name should be modded.
26. Have fun!

If you still cant get the sign in part right, watch this:

Other info:
EzGt was made by: HOBOPOW3R and Hiphop03199

More Xbox 360 Modding Tutorials!

C

Cream

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It works quite well :wink: . Having a yellow gamertag of "God" surely freaks out some people.

LashleyAFC

LashleyAFC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for this.

Is it possible to mod your Gamertag with like le fluffie, but permanent and not just call of duty?

As I noticed when I loaded my profile I could edit the gamertag, but when I turned on the xbox, no profile was found, maybe its because I didn't rehash.

V

VATECH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why on earth wouldn't you link my Transfer Cable thread when its the only way to still get a free one?

I don't think that method works anymore.

X

xXiMODhardXx

Reaction score
Sin$
thanks so much! tut is perfect and video helps at the end! thanks!!!!

R

ReekMFdaddy

Reaction score
Sin$
just ordered one from eBay as they are no longer free gonna give this a try asap! Thanks

xxmaskmagexx

xxmaskmagexx

Reaction score
Sin$
:frown: I can't drag the folder into my Content folder on my HDD because nothing happens when I drag it into the Content folder, it just shows the black circle with a dash through it like its saying I can't drag the folder into it and I ran Xport as Admin too :frown: Please help!

R

ReekMFdaddy

Reaction score
Sin$
as far as Windows XP goes does it still work since I don't have the option to run in admin?

D

DarkFrost

Reaction score
Sin$
Hmmm, the modded profile isn't showing up when I go to sign in [before and after the new update]. Can I get any help please?

X

xXiMODhardXx

Reaction score
Sin$
hey this is a great tut and i was wondering how do u mod other peoples acounts without their harddrive? because i would like to start doing that for ppl thanks

S

SulfuricA

Reaction score
Sin$
:frown: I can't drag the folder into my Content folder on my HDD because nothing happens when I drag it into the Content folder, it just shows the black circle with a dash through it like its saying I can't drag the folder into it and I ran Xport as Admin too :frown: Please help!

I think you have to have you UAC settings off. Its your user account control settings. Start>Control Panel> User Accounts> Turn User Account Control Off> Restart your computer. Your good to go.

Z

zach797

Reaction score
Sin$

Are you suing Windows 7? If so you have to us explorer360 and right click insert folder.

Z

zach797

Reaction score
Sin$
same problem.. someone please help?? :biggrin:

Did you use the program that planks out all the IDs? If so you will have to replace the file(your profile) with a backup of it on your HDD. You are then ggod to go and just don't use the program anymore. This worked for me on mine. The program not to use is Console Protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register