What's new

Solved How to mod xbox 360 Falcon in 2019? [noob]

M

markus sinner

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everybody,

I recently bought in discount a phat Xbox 360 and I have identified it as a falcon by following the visual inspection guide. I have never owned an xbox
in the past but i have softmodded other consoles such as ps3.

I really want to mod my xbox 360 and i have learned by reading that it can only be done by hardware apparently. My bachelors was in electronics and i had previous experience soldering/desoldering, however my technique and results never were consider smooth or best results.

My primary interest in buying the console was to get it for emulation and of course playing xbox backups iso files from a hard disk. I am completely new to the modding scene here and I dont know what to do. I usually find outdated and confusing info.

So what are the best options for modding my xbox 360 falcon if:
- want to play emulators
- want to play backups

I have heard there is an option that involves not opening the xbox and that connects externally to play backups. Could someone point me to that.

Which would be the easiest option for modchip for my specific case. I wanted to research r-jtag but apprently the chip is discontinued or something like that.
Please recommend me links, videos on how to do the mod, where to buy the kits, everything that I can get in 2019 for my specific case (Falcon).

BTW my dashboard version is very high, so JTAG doesnt apply for me

Thanks so much for your help and hope this message was not too long.

D

Deleted member 847964

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Rgh 1.2 is going to be your best option for a phat console in my opinion. This should give you a basic run down of what you need and where to get it all. Personally I'd recommend the ace v3 chip and program it with the dynamic tuning file for best results.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...get-a-cr4-like-experience-phats-only.1349194/

As they said, an RGH 1.2 is your best option and can be updated to the newest dashboard without any problems. What I think you should do differently is using a Matrix v1 chip, as it is cheaper and you don't have to remove anything from the chip and you can program the chip without having the console plugged in. I have also had far more success stories with the matrix over the ace.

D

Deleted member 847964

No sympathy for the Devil; keep that in mind
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As they said, an RGH 1.2 is your best option and can be updated to the newest dashboard without any problems. What I think you should do differently is using a Matrix v1 chip (As it is cheaper and you don't have to remove anything from the chip) and you can program the chip without having the console plugged in.
I don't think the matrix chip supports the dynamic tuning file but I may be wrong. From my experience the dynamic file just works great with 1.2 especially for someone with not much experience and just doing one console. Ace v3 with dynamic tuning file and CR4 smc speed up is the tits

No disrespect intended btw

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think the matrix chip supports the dynamic tuning file but I may be wrong. From my experience the dynamic file just works great with 1.2 especially for someone with not much experience and just doing one console. Ace v3 with dynamic tuning file and CR4 smc speed up is the tits

No disrespect intended btw

None taken. I know that dynamic files and speed-ups are awesome. I am saying for a brand new person to modding the matrix is easier because most of the time there is one file that can be used. And they wouldn't have to deal with removing the resistor on the ace. (May be confusing it with the jasper install.)

SGCSam

SGCSam

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
None taken. I know that dynamic files and speed-ups are awesome. I am saying for a brand new person to modding the matrix is easier because most of the time there is one file that can be used. And they wouldn't have to deal with removing the resistor on the ace. (May be confusing it with the jasper install.)
I'd also agree with going with the Matrix, especially on Falcons. Nearly every Falcon I've done an RGH1.2 on using a Matrix has instabooted.

While the dynamic timing files could prove useful, in this particular case, it's probably easier going with the Matrix for a first time install as it works very well :smile:

The only thing I want to mention is that you may have to remove a 0 ohm bridge resistor above point C if you buy a Matrix with the onboard oscillator in order to disable it. In my experience, using FT2R2 provides a much better booting experience vs the oscillator. Of course, if you buy a Matrix without the oscillator (which is slightly cheaper) then that's a non-issue.

Top Bottom
Login
Register