What's new

Tutorial How to mod / resign your GTA 5 Savegame on PS4 (Save Wizard)

Husky_70

Husky_70

I love Husky's ...
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Since people doesn’t want to read in support section:
DLC vehicles will despawn because R* script them to despawn because of early leaking on PC. There is NO way to avoid despawning!

As I didn't find any user-friendly tutorials about this I decided to create one :smile:

Requirements:

- Save Wizard (60$)
- USB (FAT32)
- a PC with internet connection
- PS4 savegame
- Hazards Save Editor Virus Scan
- Hazards Save Pusher Virus Scan (no longe needed)
- a brain

First you need to know what you want to do. There are two options now, the first option is to modify your OWN savegame. The second one is to resign other persons savegame to your account.

Option 1: Mod your own savegame:
- Don't close any windows if it's not mentioned!
- Follow the instructions clearly, ask if you have any questions left.
1. Plug a USB into your PS4 and go to settings >> data stored by application >> Grand Theft Auto V >> Copy to USB
2. Copy your GTA saves onto your USB
3. Now plug the USB into your PC and start Save Wizard (I recommend to do a backup of your saves first!)
4. You may have to setup your PSN profile if it doesn't work automatically. In Save Wizard go to Settings and click on Profile Manager and follow the instructions
5. Once you set up your profile, go to My Saves tab. You should see a list of saves you copied earlier.
K45UAjk.jpg
6. Now double-click on the arrow, on the new tab right click >> Advanced Mode
JPJt8Qg.jpg
7. Wait a bit, your save will be send to the Save Wizard servers where it will be decrypted. After a minute you should see a new window which should looks like this:
jOtFQFK.jpg

8. Don't change anything yet. Open Hazards Save Pusher and click on Connect to Save Wizard
4p0AlnB.jpg
9. Once connected click on extract Save and save the file where you can find it again.
10. Now open Hazards Save Editor, select GTAV, click on Open File and select the file you just saved 11. Now there's the funny part. Select what you want, just discover it's settings :smile: Once finsish, click on Save File, then click on Close File.
hrW1sX5.jpg
12. Go to the Save Pusher and click on Replace Save, equip the save you just modified with Save Editor.
13. Now click on Write Data (Slow) (as the other option almost doesn't work. While the process is running, don't click on anything. Otherwise the Save Pusher writes the data into other Programs e.g. Google chrome instead of Save Wizard
14. Once Save Pusher has finished his work, go back to the Advanced mode window of Save Wizard and click on Apply. The changes will now save to your save and will be encrypted. You will notified when Wizard is done.
15. When Save wizard is finished, just close it. Your Save will automatically replaced on your USB drive.
16. Now just plug your USB back to your PS4 and go to settings >> data stored by application >> Grand Theft Auto V >> Copy to Systemdrive and replace your saves

New method without Save Pusher:

1. Plug a USB into your PS4 and go to settings >> data stored by application >> Grand Theft Auto V >> Copy to USB
2. Copy your GTA saves onto your USB
3. Now plug the USB into your PC and start Save Wizard (I recommend to do a backup of your saves first!)
4. You may have to setup your PSN profile if it doesn't work automatically. In Save Wizard go to Settings and click on Profile Manager and follow the instructions
5. Once you set up your profile, go to My Saves tab. You should see a list of saves you copied earlier.
K45UAjk.jpg
6. Now double-click on the arrow, on the new tab right click >> Advanced Mode
JPJt8Qg.jpg
7. Wait a bit, your save will be send to the Save Wizard servers where it will be decrypted. After a minute you should see a new window which should looks like this:
jOtFQFK.jpg

8. Don't change anything yet. In the top right corner click on the export to file button
vRXhdK5.png
and save it on desktop so you can find it easily.
9. Once you export the file open Hazards Save Editor, select GTAV, click on Open File and select the file you just saved (you can also open the file in an hex editor if you know what you have to replace)
10. Now there's the funny part. Select what you want, just discover it's settings :smile: Once finsish, click on Save File, then click on Close File.
hrW1sX5.jpg
11. Go to the Advanced mode window of Save Wizard and click on the import file button
vjvJCnp.png
and equip the save you just modified with Save Editor.
12. Now in the Data (Hex)-section click on any zero and just type a zero to apply all changes.
13. Click on Apply button in the bottom. The changes will now written to your save and will be encrypted. You will notified when Wizard is done.
14. When Save wizard is finished, just close it. Your Save will automatically replaced on your USB drive.
15. Now just plug your USB back to your PS4 and go to settings >> data stored by application >> Grand Theft Auto V >> Copy to Systemdrive and replace your saves

Enjoy your modded savegame :thumbsup:

Resign:
Coming soon

If your savegame don‘t show up in SW, check the name of the savegame in Windows Explorer.
It appears that Save Wizard won‘t show every Savegame with the number 10 and above. Means it only show files with the name SAVEDATASGTA5000 to SAVEDATASGTA5009.
It doesn‘t work if you just rename it, you will have to use one of you first ten slots to save your game. These will appear in SW

Pls note: this is not the right place to ask how to mod cars or how to bring them online. Everything about this will get deleted!

Last edited:
DevilsAdvocate666

DevilsAdvocate666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Last time I did this there was something with the Save Pusher, I think it's been a while that the issue with writing data on the new (edited) save has been solved.

Thank you for the time to make this detailed thread.

:smile:

NicGoRe

NicGoRe

Legendary Bastard
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Diamonds Are Forever Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
There is a way to do this without the pusher also. I can post the steps if anybody is interested.

NicGoRe

NicGoRe

Legendary Bastard
Reaction score
Sin$
Picking up from Husky_70 Husky_70 's tutorial. If The save pusher is giving you trouble, here is the way I do it for Windows OS.

8. Right Click on the Desktop and Create a shortcut. It will ask you what address for the shortcut. Type or Copy this: %Temp%\SWPS4MAX

9. Open the folder and you will have a file SGTA500XX

10. Now you have options. You can manually edit the file yourself with HxD or similar hex editor. You can copy the file and compare changes or you can directly open this file with Save Editor.

11. When you are done, make sure the changed file is in the temp folder, make 1 change with Save Wizard Advanced Mode and then save.

Note: The file has to be the same name and cannot be substituted with another. There will only be a temporary file in this folder when Advanced Mode is open in Save Wizard.

xxovictoxx

xxovictoxx

Reaction score
Sin$
What is a good free hex editor for Mac? I don't have access to my window computer atm.

Another questions, what exactly am I looking for in the hex editor? How do I know what to edit?

Last edited:
Husky_70

Husky_70

I love Husky's ...
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What is a good free hex editor for Mac? I don't have access to my window computer atm.

Another questions, what exactly am I looking for in the hex editor? How do I know what to edit?
Just search for Hex editor for mac, you should find many programs. If you don‘t know what you are looking for you should use the save editor

xxovictoxx

xxovictoxx

Reaction score
Sin$
Just search for Hex editor for mac, you should find many programs. If you don‘t know what you are looking for you should use the save editor
Thank you so much for the reply, where is the file I need to modify located?

EDIT: I'm just going to install a virtual box on my mac. Thank you for the fast reply.

RSWVS

Last edited:
NicGoRe

NicGoRe

Legendary Bastard
Reaction score
Sin$

Yeah if you don't know what you are looking for then just use the Save Editor. If you want to get into manually hexing in the values I could probably post a tutorial in a few weeks. This information hasn't changed though, the save game hex structure is exactly the same as a PS3 save. 
Can someone upgrade my SAVEGAME 19.9% to 100%?
Download one

xxovictoxx

xxovictoxx

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah if you don't know what you are looking for then just use the Save Editor. If you want to get into manually hexing in the values I could probably post a tutorial in a few weeks. This information hasn't changed though, the save game hex structure is exactly the same as a PS3 save. 
Download one
That would be extremely helpful.

Husky_70

Husky_70

I love Husky's ...
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
With the current version of SW you are now able to export and import files, save pusher is no longer needed and the whole process is much faster, will update thread in the next hours

_DarioG88_

_DarioG88_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With the current version of SW you are now able to export and import files, save pusher is no longer needed and the whole process is much faster, will update thread in the next hours
U r the best

xxovictoxx

xxovictoxx

Reaction score
Sin$
$50 to mod my save game doesn't seem worth it, if I was able to mod GTA V Online with it I would without a doubt buy it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register