How to Mod Rainbow Six Vegas 2 XP and ACES

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by JizzaBeez, Jul 1, 2009 with 34 replies and 40,492 views.

1. JizzaBeez

JizzaBeez Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Here are the instructions on how to mod Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

*Here we will be editing your "XP". This will help to get the Rank Achievements, Private, Officer, Elite. Just be sure to edit your XP 1 number less than what it requires for the rank. If you go over, the achievement will not unlock.

The XP required for the Ranks
    -Private : (check and see, I don't know)
    -Officer : 140000 - set to 139999 (000036AF in hex) to get the achievement.
    -Elite : 400000 - set to 399999 (00061A7F in hex) to get the achievement.

1) Open your Profile (not the gamesaves) up in any hex editor.

2) Now do a Hex search for your XP in hex. You will find 2 sections with this in it. Edit BOTH EXACTLY THE SAME.

-my XP was 140304, so in hex that is 00022410 (long).

3) Then after editing, save your file and REHASH.

4) Load file back on HDD, start game and continue.

*Here we will be editing your "Aces". This will help to unlock weapons and the achievement.

1) Open your PROFILE (not your saves) in any hex editor.

2) Now do a Hex search for your Aces in hex. There will be 2 sections with this in it. Edit BOTH EXACTLY THE SAME.

-my Aces for CQB was 1234, so in hex that is 04D2 (short).

There are 3 different types of Aces to get. So search for the amounts you have in each or whichever ones you want to max. Remember, if you want that achievement, only hex them to 1399 (0577 in hex) that way you can kill one more of each and get the achievement and unlock all weapons.

Here are the 3 types of Aces.
    -Marksman
    -CQG
    -Assault

3) Then after editing, save your file and REHASH.

4) Load file back on HDD, start game and continue.

JizzaBeez

• Like Like x 6
  2. Travis11334

Travis11334 Newbie

Ratings:
    This is very helpful for maxing out those pesky A.C.E.S. Now I have basically everything complete in Vegas 2:cool:.Is there any way this could work in the original Rainbow 6 Vegas though?

3. TheMLG Blackout

TheMLG Blackout Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How are you getting the hex values ? As in how did you get 1234 be 04D2 in hex? Im using hex translation sites and nothing comes up any thing like that?

4. Slap8up

Slap8up Newbie

Ratings:
    cant I just use modio?

5. joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Can anyone please tell me how to convert numbers to hex. My exp is 200338. I have tried every converter I can find and when I search for it I get nothing...

6. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Yes you can.

30E92 It's the first one on google.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah that's the same number I was getting but when i search for it in hex it finds nothing.. I will try it again lol. I knew I was doing it right lol.

Wait that can't be right. the numbers he is getting are 8 characters long... All of them are. There is no way mine is only 5...
    Ok I figured it out. Thanks for the help guys.

8. Slap8up

Slap8up Newbie

Ratings:
    yay guys just use modio does the same thing and its much easier. Hases and resigns for you. Make sure you get the cracked version though.

9. joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I doubt anyone here would care, but if you get the cracked version of modio, you get banned from game-tuts.com.. And yes I have tried it on several different computers. Everyone of them that I used the vip version of modio on couldn't go to the game-tuts website...

10. azsazsin

azsazsin Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you have the cracked version of Modio you dont need to use the Game Tuts website, just use a Proxy... Ever thought of that? Anyways im sure your numbers are only 5 characters long because you need to add 3 zero's before your 5 digits. Im not exactly sure about that however but, you can just use a built in tool if your Hex Edit or has one built in. Best of Luck!:biggrin:

Edit: That would make sense though, seeing that your EXP is 4 bytes long, adding the 3 zero's makes it 4 bytes long.

• Like Like x 1
  11. joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah that's what my problem was. But I found that google actually has a pretty good hex converter lol. Just type in the number or what ever you want in hex and put "in hex" after it. For example "3093948 in hex" and it will tell you the number with the included 0's in front that you need. lol. Pretty stupid mistake on my part though.

12. fairladyz78

fairladyz78 Newbie

Ratings:
    Total noob question here... Where do I find my player's profile for Rainbow Six Vegas 2?

I have everything I need to edit the profile - but I can't seem to find the profile itself. My current xp is 138905 which translates to 00021E99 in hex. I have a Hex Editor ready and waiting.

If anyone could help me, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

13. OP
    JizzaBeez

JizzaBeez Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You need to be editing your Xbox Live Gamer Profile (file).

Look on your MU/HDD...

Device / Partition(#) / Content / E001234567898765 (that's just an example, it won't be that but it will start with E00... and be 16 characters long) / FFFE07D1 / 00010000 / and the file in there is your PROFILE's file. It should be named the same as your Profile's folder - E001234567898765 (or whatever).

If you don't know how to find your Profile (file), I would not recommend trying to hex edit it because you're more than likely going to screw something up...

And for those who don't know, windows calculator set to scientific mode will convert DEC to HEX. Or you can find and download a DEC/HEX converter to do it. I'd recommend a little program called "BConv32". It is really easy to use and has all the different formats.

And the reason for the extra '0's is that it equals the same thing, but it helps narrow down the search results. If you don't know anything about HEX conversions, I'd recommend researching and you'll learn. There are different ways that the values can be used- Byte Orders: raw hex, intel, motorolla... Data Types: byte, short, long, signed, unsigned, float, double, etc. Hexing is really a big leap compared to gamesaving if you don't know anything yet.

Sorry for those of you who are having problems figuring this out. I tried to make the tutorial as simple as possible, but I didn't consider that if you're new to hexing it will most likely just confuse you...

And no... Modio will NOT do this. And this has NOTHING to do with signing/hashing.

14. I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I Getting There

Ratings:
    If i did this and put my rank straight to elite and all my A.C.E.S to the highest would i not unlock the guns? I am not to bothered about the achievements as i can unlock these using profile editor...

15. OP
    JizzaBeez

JizzaBeez Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes, edit your aces to 1400 (0578 in HEX) and it will unlock all the weapons.

16. Ryan x ToRmEnT 187

Ryan x ToRmEnT 187 Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks for this it's making it much easier for me to make the mod tool :thumbup:

17. Talisa

Talisa Newbie

Ratings:
    I am playing Vegas 2 on the PC and wish to use this Hex edit to change my ACES and XP (Rank) etc. What is the name of the file I need to modify in orde to acheive this. I have downloaded a Hex editor and opened every file in my My Games\Ubisoft\Vegas 2 folder but none of them contain the references that have been mentioned in the original post.

Please help. Thanks

18. DiviP

DiviP Enthusiast

Ratings:
  19. XxdrexX

XxdrexX Newbie

Ratings:
    ok i found it after converting it to hex but u said there is 2 i dont see to and i dont see my xp even how did it find it and not show it my xp was 224633 so in hex its 00036D79 can u check to see if my hex is right and maybe then it well work

20. xCaLLMe Carboy

xCaLLMe Carboy Banned

Ratings: