What's new

Tutorial How to Mod Old Maps On A DVD-R (By XxMoNkEy42xX)

• Thread starter sixworkss
  • Start date
  • Views 77,970
S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Mod Old Maps On a DVD-R
By XxMoNkEy42xX​

Programs

Drives
Samsung - requires flashing 605b Version A (Does not work with this tutorial)
Phillips - Works with hotswap.
Thompson - Works with hotswap. (Since this is the worst drive I don't know if it works that well)
Hitachi - Works with hotswap. (Best for this TUT it cost about $40)

Halo 2 Raw Dump
1. Make a new folder on your desktop name it halo 2.
2. Put a movie 7.5 GB+ in your dvd drive.
3. Open up Isobuster right click on the dvd go to Extract DVD <image> then User Data.
Isobuster2.jpg

Isobuster3.jpg

4. Then a box will come up to save it chose the folder you made on your desktop and name the file: IMAGE000 *DO NOT SAVE*
Isobuster5.jpg

5. Open wxRipper go to hotswap and then stop drive.
ripper1.jpg

6. Once drive is stopped get a paper clip and find a little hole on the front of your drive that is the emergency eject stick the paper clip in it and pump it 2 to 3 times and the disc tray will come out.
7. Switch the movie you had in there with halo 2 then close the disc tray.
8. If it doesn't start spinning again in like 30 seconds use wxRipper go to hotswap and then spin drive.
ripper2.jpg

9. Once it starts spinning at full speed again you can then hit save.
10. Then it will start ripping once it gets to 7% you will get a warning just check the box replace with dummy data and the check the box always apply selction then hit selection.
CompleteTutorial.jpg

11. It should take about 40 minutes to an hour to finish ripping.
12. When it is done there will be a notice telling you to delete the file because there where errors during the process just select no.
CompleteTutorial-1.jpg

13. It will then ask you if you want it to save as a .cue file just hit yes.
14. You now have a halo 2 raw dump! (Rename the larger file out of the two files in your halo 2 raw dump: "IMAGE000.iso" )

Layer Break
Now we have to make a .dvd file. (Layer Break File)
Get your movie out again (the one you made the Raw Dump with) and press the DVD-Rom eject button and put the movie in the drive and let it spin up. Now open up CloneCD and press File---->Read to File.
09lf1.jpg

It will bring up a window like this:
10wi6.jpg

Hit next and you will be brought to a screen that will ask you to make a file name. MAKE SURE you hit browse and go to the directory that you saved your Halo 2 Raw Dump to and call this file IMAGE002.dvd Than hit ok.
11eh3.jpg

Then the progress screen will come up, wait until it hits 30 seconds and then hit abort. And then it will ask you if you want to delete the file, CLICK NO.
12hp8.jpg

Open the folder where you saved the Halo 2 Dump and there should be a bunch of different files in the folder.
13th7.jpg

Now we will delete all the files EXCEPT (both IMAGE000 files and IMAGE002). You file should no look like this.
14nl8.jpg

Now right click on the IMAGE002 file and open it with Notepad. And delete all the information except the first line and under the first line type in IMAGE000.iso and save as IMAGE000.dvd
15ju6.jpg

Injecting the Modded Maps

1. Open up Halo 2 Iso Editor
2. Once its open go to OPEN ISO
3. the open up your IMAGE000.iso
iso.jpg

4. Then check off the box for Ascension then hit OPEN then find your modded Ascension map and hit Inject
iso2.jpg

5. Now do this for all the maps except Midship, and the main menu. Just open the ss patcher go to IMAGE TOOLS then IMAGE BROWSER then click the maps folder go down to Midship and left click it once then right click it and then select REPLACE WITH FILE then find your modded Midship and hit OK do the same with the mainmenu and they will work as long as they are modded correctly and resigned.

Burning the Modded Disc

1. Open up clone cd go to file then click write from file.
clone.jpg

2. Then select your IMAGE000.iso
3. Set your drive speed to 6x
4. Then click OK
5. it warning will come up saying the file doesn't fit on the disc just check the box write until end of media is reached. Then click OK
6. And your modded copy of Halo 2 will begin burning.

Here's a video on Hot swapping H2

Last edited by a moderator:
T

T3AMK1LL3R

add one thing thomson drives use a class 2 laser it will **** up your eyes so whach out i would rather have eyes then mod

S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Because a Dual Layer disc requires you to make a layer break .dvd file and patch the secruirty sectors. And no H3 these pictures aren't frm team halos. I tried. LOL but it doen's allow ou to right click whne you do a pop up comes up.

Z

ZeroSwordMaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
T3AMK1LL3R said:
add one thing thomson drives use a class 2 laser it will **** up your eyes so whach out i would rather have eyes then mod
Why would you need to mess with the Xbox Drive doing this tut?

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
XxMoNkEy42xX said:
Because a Dual Layer disc requires you to make a layer break .dvd file and patch the secruirty sectors. And no H3 these pictures aren't frm team halos. I tried. LOL but it doen's allow ou to right click whne you do a pop up comes up.
hmm, well its from somewheres lol. ive seen that code666 folder before in a a tut

ZeroSwordMaster said:
Why would you need to mess with the Xbox Drive doing this tut?
to hotswap after you have the disc

G

Grunt

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think this will work, seeing as though he talks nothing about the securirty sector. They security sector has to be on layer 0 of the disk.

S

sixworkss

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Grunt did you not read my last post? This is on a DVD-R NOT A Dual Layer! No security sectors or layer break file needed. And this does work cuz this is whhat i do with the excption of the emergency eject because i have a special flashed computer dvd drive that just allows me to rip the game.

(Oh and H3 the pics are from SBBcarls tut on how to mod old maps on a dual layer. It was like the first one ever written)

Z

ZeroSwordMaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xxH3xx said:
hmm, well its from somewheres lol. ive seen that code666 folder before in a a tut

to hotswap after you have the disc
Oh, right, but you don't need to open up the Xbox to make the disc and follow this tutorial, right?

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Grunt said:
I don't think this will work, seeing as though he talks nothing about the securirty sector. They security sector has to be on layer 0 of the disk.
If you are using a disngle layered dvd and you are going to hotswap with it you dont need to do any of that

ZeroSwordMaster said:
Oh, right, but you don't need to open up the Xbox to make the disc and follow this tutorial, right?
nope

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
heres my hotswap tut in video form

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ccragg

Reaction score
Sin$
I am trying this, but after I get the error at 7% and do what you say. It takes forever. The files moving from folder to folder aren't smooth it takes like 3 mins for one piece of paper to fly to the next folder. I am using a lord of the Rings dvd 7.9 GB. What am I doing wrong?

Z

ZeroSwordMaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Good tut xxH3xx, I don't play halo anymore, but I think it'd be worth going and playing for a while with a modded disc. Do you still get banned in 6 hours modding with a burned disc?

Scar

Scar

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
ccragg said:
I am trying this, but after I get the error at 7% and do what you say. It takes forever. The files moving from folder to folder aren't smooth it takes like 3 mins for one piece of paper to fly to the next folder. I am using a lord of the Rings dvd 7.9 GB. What am I doing wrong?
nothing, it hangs like that when its going through errors, it will speed up every once in a awhile, it took 6 hours for mine to rip

ZeroSwordMaster said:
Good tut xxH3xx, I don't play halo anymore, but I think it'd be worth going and playing for a while with a modded disc. Do you still get banned in 6 hours modding with a burned disc?
yes you do

C

ccragg

Reaction score
Sin$
cool sounds good I thought something was messed up cause it was trucking along in the beggining

Top Bottom
Login
Register