Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm sure someone will hit up the iso and release.

S

Sraigux

Reaction score
Sin$
I heard it still works if you lag switch while connecting to the dedicated server

A

azsazsin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Instead of Hexing, can't you use Valve Editor since it is in fact a Valve Game, and the Commands and stuff are almost the same as TF2/HL2 ep1-2/Portal and others?:huh:

Edit: For people who do not know just clear your Cache to remove the patch then use them Offline. That is the only downside, It's only Offline. So RoflCopter just clear your Cache disconnect your Wireless Adapter or Ethernet Cable then put your modded UserSettings file into your HDD or Mem Card and play. You can mod any game still Offline that has supposedly been patched.

A

azsazsin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Saying that its patched doesn't help at all, we know that it's patched who cares for the patch, you can still have as much fun modding it offline with a friend or System Link. Now, can I use Valve Editor or not, Because I would still love to pick up objects like in TF2. I also know that TF2 is patched as well. If not Valve Editor is their any other Tool someone has made?

T

to6y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When i edit "+lockspin" to "noclip" when i load left 4 dead it says save file corrupt :.( How can i fix this?

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
azsazsin said:
Saying that its patched doesn't help at all, we know that it's patched who cares for the patch, you can still have as much fun modding it offline with a friend or System Link. Now, can I use Valve Editor or not, Because I would still love to pick up objects like in TF2. I also know that TF2 is patched as well. If not Valve Editor is their any other Tool someone has made?

Yes you can use the Valve Editor instead of the Left 4 Dead Tool or Hex Editor.

to6y said:
When i edit "+lockspin" to "noclip" when i load left 4 dead it says save file corrupt :.( How can i fix this?

Rehash and Resign the CON file before putting it back on your HDD.

S

SpyShadow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Has anyone tried modding the Title Update File?? The Title Update Files is a CON File. I was able to extract the files out of it. I do know it is title update number 4. Someone should mess around with the title update and see if they can remove the whitelist valve made up. this a suggestion

0xidium

0xidium

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SpyShadow said:
Has anyone tried modding the Title Update File?? The Title Update Files is a CON File. I was able to extract the files out of it. I do know it is title update number 4. Someone should mess around with the title update and see if they can remove the whitelist valve made up. this a suggestion

If it notices any changes to the update file it makes you re-update.

P.S. One thing though I only edited a small part of the patch and when it asked me to re-update and I said no but the modded patch still patched the mods instead of just becoming corrupt.

Sonja

Sonja

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Would it be possible to replace the campaigns with some new modded campaign (such as Dawn Awake or Heaven Can Wait) from the PC versions? The PC versions campaigns are all .vpk just to tell you.

Or could you just add them to the list. I have no clue how most files work for the 360, especially those in L4D.

EDIT: I seem to have lost the files that I downloaded and they are unavailable from filefront... are there any mirrors?

0xidium

0xidium

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sonja said:
Would it be possible to replace the campaigns with some new modded campaign (such as Dawn Awake or Heaven Can Wait) from the PC versions? The PC versions campaigns are all .vpk just to tell you.

Or could you just add them to the list. I have no clue how most files work for the 360, especially those in L4D.

EDIT: I seem to have lost the files that I downloaded and they are unavailable from filefront... are there any mirrors?

No.

Lost4468

Lost4468

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
SpyShadow said:

Its not a con its a LIVE file, which is not modifiable.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Theres a way to get past LIVE file updates... But then when its server side don't accept console commands from here like in COD4, No Luck.

Sonja

Sonja

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I found the files elsewhere (other thread on L4D here), but I can't seem to get any of the following ones to work:

Director_no_bosses
Director_no_specials
Director_no_mobs
Survivor_walk_speed_1200

Sorry since I keep on bumping this thread but has anyone else gotten these to work? I've gotten all the others to work...

0xidium

0xidium

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I stopped playing L4D the day it was patched because without mods it's ****ty and repetitive and without online it's just compost but this thread is like 50 billion years old why the **** are people still repeating the same things back and forth on it? Just let this damned thread die already for crying out loud.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sonja said:
I found the files elsewhere (other thread on L4D here), but I can't seem to get any of the following ones to work:

Director_no_bosses
Director_no_specials
Director_no_mobs
Survivor_walk_speed_1200

Sorry since I keep on bumping this thread but has anyone else gotten these to work? I've gotten all the others to work...

I'll have some time on my hands today I'll look into it, I have a command for stopping Zombies from Spawning if you'd like that one, I noticed the 'no_mobs.' Since they all say Director is it only in that Director/Commentary Mode?

0xidium said:
I stopped playing L4D the day it was patched because without mods it's ****ty and repetitive and without online it's just compost but this thread is like 50 billion years old why the **** are people still repeating the same things back and forth on it? Just let this damned thread die already for crying out loud.

I Like how my thread has lasted Kiddo don't sit here Flaming the Value of my Tutorial.

0xidium

0xidium

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Otaku Se7en said:
I Like how my thread has lasted Kiddo don't sit here Flaming the Value of my Tutorial.

I'm not flaming the value of your precious thread I'm just saying that L4D modding is over so why are we carrying it on? There's no point to it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register