How to Mod Halo 3 Usermaps and Films

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding Tutorials' started by Venomous Fire, Jun 29, 2008 with 274 replies and 59,133 views.

1. SoulFire196

SoulFire196 Newbie

Ratings:
    So look I connect the OFFICIAL Data Migration Kit to the xbox connect it to the pc and it reads it just fine but when I open my hdd memory card on the xplorer 360.. I open my halo 3 file folder and theres only one save with an extension .svg and its not a map file.. -_- I have tons of maps on my hdd too and screenshots etc.. another time I opened explorer 360 and the maps and files where there with my maps ;_; but they arent again.. Xport 360 works fine.. I use a 60gig hdd. Can someone help me with this .svg problem? Thanks. =)

2. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    You're looking in the wrong folder.

4D5307E6 -> Halo 3 game ID.

• Like Like x 1
  3. C4NC3L

C4NC3L Newbie

Ratings:
    I've seen alot of tutorials on how to mod films, some of them say I have to (merge) but this tutorial says I don't. So my question is what is merging for and is it something that has to be done after the NXE?or does Venomous Fire's method still work?

4. zI Deadpool

zI Deadpool Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Xplorer360 isnt working?

"This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I've downloaded it from two different sites. And both versions said that ^

Please help...

5. glaives

glaives Newbie

Ratings:
    i ever time get the disc unreadable error

6. Konspiracy

Konspiracy Enthusiast

Ratings:
  7. JFS

JFS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    waaaaah i did excactly everything u said and when i put my harddrive bak in it says file corupt ive tried this multiple times help...

8. IXIAGitATorIXI

IXIAGitATorIXI Enthusiast

Ratings:
    im new to this but i was wondering, could i use another tag such as a pelican instead of a spartan ? would it be a different tut or the same?:?

9. SPARTANCHRIS533

SPARTANCHRIS533 Newbie

Ratings:
    :?I can't get my maps to load in Johnson or Engineer, so I can't use the hex codes. Help me!!!:?

10. Desert hawk129

Desert hawk129 Newbie

Ratings:
    Where can i get an xplorer 360? and what can i use to transfer files from my xbox to my computer?

11. IXIAGitATorIXI

IXIAGitATorIXI Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what i did was use a map file downloader and just downloaded foundry johnson should work on the downloaded map i had the same problem

either an xsata or an xport, there are mutiple ways to transfer, i transfer by i free kit I got by calling xbox

12. glaives

glaives Newbie

Ratings:
    just use te halo toy box film mod tool and Forge 2.5<_<

13. Glitch100

Glitch100 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What he said!
    This thread is n00b paradise! so many questions:!?

14. jaba65

jaba65 Newbie

Ratings:
    ok please help i do everything you said. i rehash and resign it and then put it back on hard drive, but when i statup halo then go to load map its not there its just gone :.( please help

15. lrisley

lrisley Newbie

Ratings:
    Jaba65
    If your trying to mod the map variant in forge, you might try using forge on the pc and use concept to resign/re-hash the map. That is what I do and it works for me. I hope that helps.

16. Nomical

Nomical Banned

Ratings:
    @ jaba65

Your KV.bin was banned.

Use the app .::CONcept::. it is unbanned.

17. JFS

JFS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    for everyone complaining about maps not working..

use forge when ur done modding click tools then resign all and then use concept to rehash/resign it thats how it works

18. halo3xstraxbox

halo3xstraxbox Newbie

Ratings:
    :?i don't know what happened to me? when i start my map and the flim its black and freeze 30 secs and it ends why its doing that for?

:cursing:

19. JFS

JFS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    r u using CONcept ??

20. jaden360

jaden360 Newbie

Ratings:
    heyy when i click on partine3 nothing comes up with anything like content wat do i do?