[How To] Mod Gamerpictures

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Otaku Se7en, Aug 5, 2009 with 5 replies and 1,209 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
    I've seen a few tuts around that Change your pic for you to view, well thats cool but what about everyone else? So I am Releasing a tut I've had for a while on How to Mod the gamerpicture as it appears on your HDD to make it selectable. If you get banned over making a custom pic its your fault, Not Mine.

So, have you ever wanted to have your own customized gamerpics. Well if so your in the right place !
    First off if you mess anything up I am not responsible. If you corrupt anything it is your own fault but it most likely can be fixed.

Programs you need:
    -HxD or any other Hex Editing software.
    -A CON resigner and rehasher.
    -Some sort of transfer program I recommend Xplorer 360
    To find these programs search the forums or use google.
    UPDATE: OR DOWNLOAD THEM IN 1 PACKAGE HERE.

First off you need to extract the CON file off your HDD To do this, locate these folders:

[​IMG]

Now that you extracted the file to your desktop (just drag and drop) you need to open the file in a hex editor. Preferable HxD which I am using here. Once you open it in HxD, hit CTRL + F. Now a window like this will appear.

[​IMG]

Now, you will see highlighted “PNG”. Go to the character before this which is “‰” (a double percent sign looking character) and select all the way down until you see “IENDB`‚”. After the comma ( , ) click copy and open a new file (still leave your existing one opened) and paste the hex.

Save as “image1.png” (no quotes). Now you can exit out of the image1.png, just return to your previous hex file. And MAKE SURE YOUR CURSOR IS AFTER THE PORTION YOU JUST SELECTED. Repeat the search for png steps and save as image2.png. Keep doing this until it finally says “Can’t find png”.

Now just minimize HxD.

Go to the directory where you saved your image1.png, image2.png, etc. Edit your images with any image editing software you want, but be sure to follow this next step when you are done editing.

OPEN THE IMAGES IN MSPAINT AND CLICK FILE > SAVE.

(what this does is saves the image as a raw PNG, some editing software will save the file as some really weird version of a compressed PNG.)

Now you are ready to inject your edited images back into their container. So maximize HxD back up and put your cursor all the way at the top and search for png again. Select the same block of HEX that you did earlier and open up image1.png (your edited image) in another tab of HxD copy the whole hex of the edited image and go to the main CON file. Make sure you right click and click Paste WRITE. (NOT INSERT!)

NOTE: DO NOT USE CTRL + V!

Now add null bytes (00) all the way down to the comma at the end.

[​IMG]

Have Fun Modding Gamerpictures.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Niko Jims

Niko Jims Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Could I just make a CON file with 1 gamerpic using the GPI and use that?

Also, do you can banned for using it or for just having it on your Xbox?

EDIT: I did this, got the picture to show up when picking it, but when I picked it, the old gamerpic showed up...

3. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:
    I used a Gamerpic from my HDD, not GPI, I got one to show up this morning, My friend said he could see it, but then when I got on later today it was back to normal.

4. jemil

jemil Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I got it working :biggrin:

but other people can not see it???????

5. xxwadernaterxx

xxwadernaterxx Newbie

Ratings:
  6. OP
    Otaku Se7en

Ratings:

It used to I guess now people have made them so it must sync with XBL as a Gamerpic.