• Thread starter ImaGonnaGetYou
  • Start date
  • Views 11,005
I

ImaGonnaGetYou

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wrote this up earlier today, but IBM apparently didn't want it, so I'll post it here.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
How to Mod Your Fallout 3 Experience and Inventory

What You Need:
Xport/Xsata
Xplorer360/Xport360
Fallout 3 Editor - Download
Rehasher/Resigner

1. Open Partition 3 in your hard drive, then Content > Your Profile > Fallout 3 > 0001000 > Your Save File
2. Extract your save to the desired directory, and make a backup incase you screw up.
3. Open FOedit, and wait for the program's files to load, then enter "load", and enter the directory of the file you extracted.
4. First, enter "listinv". This will list your entire inventory, including quest items and such.

Inventory Modding:
1. To change the amount of an item you have, such as, say, Winterized T-51b Power Armor, find it on the inventory list. Remember the number of that item on the list. Now, enter "setinvqty (The number the item is located on on the list) (the quantity of that item you want)". For example, if the T-51b is in slot number 54, and I wanted 9 instead of 1, I'd enter "setinvqty 54 9".
2. If you want to swap out an item with another item, enter "setinvfid (The number the item is located on on the list) (The 8-number ID of the item you want the first item swapped for)". For example, if I wanted to swap T-51b with another item, I'd enter "setinvfid 54 00000000" (With the 0's being the ID of the desired item).
3. Do not create thousands upon thousands of heavy items such as Miniguns, Missile launchers, etc., since the game will be in a permanent state of lag.

Experience Modding:
1. Simply enter "setexp" and change your experience value to whatever you want. If you haven't loaded Broken Steel on your save yet, it will only max out at 20 until you load it.

Other Stuff:
1. Enter "help", and more commands will show up. With this, you can also edit your stats.

Finishing:
1. Enter "save", wait a few seconds, then close the program, rehash, resign, and you're done.
2. Drop the edited file back into the Fallout 3 save folder, and have fun with your mod.

I would recommend getting the Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum, since it does OVER 9000 damage, literally.

Visit the Fallout 3 Wiki and search for the item you want, and the information box on the right of the page will show its ID.

Credit goes to Complicator from Game-Tuts for making the app.

Have fun.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't even have this game but I'll leave a Thanks for the work since no one else does, they just say great post (Cmon Guys Don't act like people need to Earn your thanks lol.)

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is great. Thanks for posting this! I can't w8 till I can actually get tinkering with this.

X

xKNiiVES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone tell me how to get the Mysterious Strangers Magnum? What do I replace it with, what is the 8 character code?

S

Seb1177

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey i unpacked the zip file and put it all the files in a new folder on my desktop. when i try to open the .bat file it just immediatley closes. if i have user controls or whatever do you have to run as admin for it to wrok or something?
thanks in advance

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You have to edit the bat file in notepad and replace the text with

"@java -Dlog4j.configuration=file:./log4j.xml -Xms128M -Xmx512M -jar fo3edit.jar"

It should work after that.

I

II OneSin II

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can also do this with modio.. or at least most of it.
But anyway just for those who cant seem to get the other mod to work.

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Last time I checked, Modio could only change your name and replace base IDs. This can give you info on your inventory and change your Stats. This program is much better.

J

japj15

Reaction score
Sin$
ive used the program before and its goood because its the only one that does it but cmon it has to be more organized and easier to use but still only working modding program for fallout3 that actully works to :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

S

shadowboy166

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The guys at game-tuts are so much further in modding Fallout... Just saying

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
We care why? We at Se7ensins mostly like online glitches and mods. Not too many people care about these games. Look at game tuts, they don't even have a Call of Duty section...

S

shadowboy166

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ShadowZ said:
We care why? We at Se7ensins mostly like online glitches and mods. Not too many people care about these games. Look at game tuts, they don't even have a Call of Duty section...
They had a CoD section until modded warfare shut down. They didn't wanted to get punished... But yeh this site is mainly for glitching and online modding.

Top Bottom
Login
Register