How to mod CoD 2 Online **TUT**

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by EW Iconic, Jul 31, 2009 with 12 replies and 1,972 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EW Iconic

EW Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ill put it in steps to make it noob proof i guess
    programs used:
    HxD Hex Editor
    Hash block calculater
    Xport 360

1. First step, you must customize your settings a little. Go to multiplayer and change your sensitivity or anything on controls...make sure that on your map preferences that there all checked this is important.

2. Extract ur Gamer Profile, Use any program im not gonna explain this since there are many tutorials for this and most people know how to do it anyways.

3. Make a backup of your profile. Always backup anything you are about to mod. Make a folder name it Modding backups and copy your profile in there to ensure you dont f up your profile.

4. drag ur profile into HxD hex editor. Search for unbind, bind or any cod2 map and u should find the cod2 section on ur profile. At the top of it should be a bunch of dots followed by unbindall and all ur map pref's.

5. I dont think this is neccessary but change the hex value of the last dot before the unbind all to 0A, my friend says u dont need to but i do anyways and it works so...

6. k after you rewrite the dot value (for the following you just simply overwrite the unbind all and map preferences as they dont matter) write in bind BUTTON_BACK "devmap mp_(the map you want to mod on, i mod on toujane and downtown)" (you must include the quotation marks)Only one map per button...soz but if you want more than one map you need to bind a different devmap to a different button.

7. Right after you do that the character right after your code change the hex value to 0A. (the character should turn into a dot after you change the hex value) Write in bind BUTTON_START "noclip"

8. You can customize that bind if you know how to otherwise just put the words god for infinate health or noclip to fly around and go through walls.

9. After you set the bind code change the hex value of the character right after the code to 0A again. then if you know what your doing you can do .sets like g_speed and stuff but if you dont just change the hex values of all characters after your code up until the next 0a dot to 00.

10.(ADDED) You can bind any button you want now all you have to do is scrool down till you see set gpad_buttonsconfig "buttons_default" or w/e your buttons are set to and change the default to all a's. After that you can add bind to DPAD_UP or any button in the game and all the buttons you didnt add a command to, dont worry they just do their default commands so you dont have to put in every single button their commands... and yes these mods do work online hince the name cod2 "online" mods tutorial... Thnx to the 8th paradox for telling me this. Also you must becarefull you do this in the right spot because there are ones for stick layouts and also some are for caimpaign. A easy way to find which one to change to all a's change your button layout to finest hour and just search that on hex and change finest hour to all a's and it will work (All buttons that you dont bind work like defualt button configuration).

10. Ok your finished with the editing, now save the file and open up whatever rehasher you use. Open up your modded profile and rehash it a few times. If your using the hash block calculater it will still say false but if you reopen the profile it will be gone. After you rehash it reinsert the profile back where u extracted it from.

11. Put your HDD back in your xbox and go on cod2 then go into a game. Now whenever you press the back button in game it should take you to your devmap which you can use your mods on. After you are on your devmap you can press the start button to toggle noclip mode.

12. Your finished feel free to experiment the modding possibilities on the game.

*note* Cod2 modding is weird and you may have to do this a couple times intill it works, i got it on my 3rd try my other friend his 1st my other friend his 7th and my other friend never got it to work (ROFL) just be patient and do it till you get it.

I am not responsible if you f up your profile because you didnt back it up like i said.

Special thanks to a H0t ninja for teaching me these mods.

Tutorial written by ReCkLeSs RaG3
    Extra codes that work on cod2
    .set g_speed "999"
    .set g_gravity "1"
    .bind w/e button "say"(whatever you want to say)" example: .bind DPAD_UP "noclip;say"PRO HAX!!!" and whenever you press dpad up it will put noclip mode on and everyone in the game can see that text pop up...its funny and you dont even need to devmap it.

binds
    give all
    give ammo
    god
    noclip
    ufo

• Like Like x 3
  2. k0m1kaz33

k0m1kaz33 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  3. Coldgears

Coldgears Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Does anyone still play this online? If they do I may have to buy this for $5 to do a little modding...

4. baddreams12345

baddreams12345 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks for this i tried it today and it worked great. PM me your gamertag and I'll add you as a friend.

5. CHiLL

CHiLL Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Might as well post this here, does anybody know any mods for the CoD2 campaign?

6. xXHOLYLLAMAXx

xXHOLYLLAMAXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    alright so i modded it all and i got it to work but when i try to do my custom button layout it doesnt let me shoot or anyting i can only noclip and god mode and say things.
    anyone know what i should do or what the command is for jumping shooting aimming or any of the controls.

7. OP
    EW Iconic

EW Iconic Enthusiast

Ratings:
  8. bigtimer5

bigtimer5 Newbie

Ratings:
    i CANT GET IT DO THE MODS BUT THE MAPS WORK FINE

9. xAnimal

xAnimal Clay Carmine

Ratings:
    Cool. Might go get cod2 just to go mod it haha its only $10.

10. silentkiller sk

silentkiller sk Enthusiast

Ratings:
    or $30 if you buy it on games on demand
    (thats the only game thats way over priced)

11. xAnimal

xAnimal Clay Carmine

Ratings:
    Thats how microsoft jips you because its $30 if you want to be lazy. $10 to go to the store.

12. Novaa

Novaa Member

Ratings:
    I hope people still go online on this, because I'm going to be modding CoD2 later :frown:

13. xAnimal

xAnimal Clay Carmine

Ratings:
    Yeah people still play it but I think my xport is messed up. :mad: Guess im gonna start using xplorer. :biggrin: