• Start date
  • Views 1,935
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ttrever

Contributor
Reaction score
This tut needs to be edited because it was made at 2 in the morning and some steps were left out. And some stuff was wrong, some offsets are static.

E

ELiiTE x FrOoDy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ttrever said:
I know this is somewhat a double post.

You will need
* A hex editor
* Hobo's zlib tool: Hobo Zlib.exe
* Xport360: http://uk.codejunkies.com/support_downloads/Setup_XPort_360_v2_12.zip
* Horizon

1. Get the save off of your hdd by going partition 3 - content - your profile - bioshock 2 - 00001.

bs.png

2. Extract the save to your desktop, and open it in a hex editor. Press crtl g and type in e494. It should take you to the hex values in the picture.

bs2.png

3. From the 78, copy down untill you reach the length of 3422.

bs3.png

4.Copy those hex values into a new hex document and save it.

bs4.png

5. Now open Hobo's tool and use it to select the file you just saved. Then choose decompress and go.

bs5.png

6. That should create a new file with .hobo on the end. Open that with your hex editor. Press crtl G and type in 58c2. That will bring you to the offset where your adam and money data is stored. Values 3 - 5 is money, and values 12 - 14 is adam. Change them to have the desired amount.

bs6.png

7. After modding the values, save and exit. Then open Hobo's tool and select the file, and compress. Then hit go.

bs7.png

8. Open the newly compressed file in your hex editor, and copy all of it. Then go back to the original save file, press crtl g and go to e494. Then paste write from there.

bs8.png

9. Save the file, and drag it into horizon to rehash.

bs9.png

10. Put the file back on your hdd. This image has been resized.

bs.png
Great TUT :thumbup:

I

Iamthhryan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OR! we can use modio because its way easier.

B

BuTToNz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or we Can Mod the normal way.

A

anonym0016

Reaction score
I am using the PAL version but I cannot find that 78, anyways I continue but when decompressing the file it says error, y compress it instead and in the hobo file created does not have a offset 58whatever in it. Could you tell me whether it is not compatible with pal or something? here is my save: 2_14_2010_15_28_21
in case you want to check it out, I also nulled the ids

S

SotG Caboose

Getting There
Reaction score
anonym0016 said:
I am using the PAL version but I cannot find that 78, anyways I continue but when decompressing the file it says error, y compress it instead and in the hobo file created does not have a offset 58whatever in it. Could you tell me whether it is not compatible with pal or something? here is my save: 2_14_2010_15_28_21
in case you want to check it out, I also nulled the ids
This tutorial isn't even correct. It will just corrupt your save.

T

ttrever

Contributor
Reaction score
It worked for everybody's save we used it on.

You don't need the end to be 78 b1ue messed up when he was making the pics for it.

C

Cheater912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody has different blocks. It's one giant decompressed file split up into 32KB chunks. The offsets aren't static :S

T

ttrever

Contributor
Reaction score
That is what I was trying to say but I am extremely tired because I have been up for 29 hours.

I am going to get some sleep a type it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom