Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This tutorial was written 03/08/2012 if its a much later date than that, its probably a good idea to NOT DO IT. Microsoft does update from time to time.

This tutorial is on how to hack your profile (mod/modify) to have new achievements unlocked, using a free Profile Editor. The author of this editor is v3n3, he deserves a huge amount of thanks, without his app, there would be no tutorial. It is short and sweet since its mostly self explanatory, I just noticed that there was a very outdated tutorial still up and decided to go ahead and make a new tutorial with a current and up to date free mod tool.

Things you will need:
- ExProfileEditor (Click Here to download
- An internet connection (See part 4 for why)

Before we start, have your profile loaded to a USB thumb drive, or your Harddrive, and hook it up to your PC. The ExProfileEditor does include a FATX explorer, so you can open up your device right there in the tool. You may also want to just hit save, and throw a copy of your profile on the desktop, just in case you screw anything up while modding your gamerscore/profile. To get that back on the device, open the desktop location of your profile rather than the FATX, and hit save to FATX device, overwriting the modified version. You CANNOT undo changes once it is uploaded to XBox Live.

1. Click updater.exe and make sure your copy of the tool is up to date.

2. Open your profile in the mod tool. You'll get something that looks like this:

scaled.php

3. To the right, you'll see where it says 'Games' and will have a list of all of your games. Click on the game you want to mod achievements from. I'm going to do the only game on my offline profile, Gears of War 3 because its ****ing Epic.

scaled.php

4. Now you'll see under achievements, it will have all the achievments listed. THis is where you want to use your brain. Don't go unlocking everything/a ton of them at once. You WILL get caught that way.
- Green = Achievments list
- Blue Achievement details, with the unlocked, or locked button. (Set to Unlocked to unlock the achievement)
- Red = Set the time, date, and whether you unlocked it offline or offline. Then hit SET to set it. You also WANT to click the 'Download Pictures' button. It will download the Picture for that acheivement, and attatch it to your profile. One thing that they watch for to catch achievement hackers, is when you sign in and your profile downloads multiple achievement pictures, when it should have them already if legitly unlocked.
- Purple = Last time the game was played. You want to make sure its set to when your unlocking these achievements. That way, it doesn't look like you unlocked an acievement, without playing the game.

scaled.php

5. When you are done, hit save, either to FATX, or to the local file.

Now that you know how to use this tool to hack your achievements, realize a few things.
- Hacking multiple achievementsat once will make you noticable and likely banned.
- You can change other settings of your profile, but changing things like avatar color, putting bad things in your motto, ect. Will get you a bonerhammer from Microsoft.
- If your Achievements don't update right a away give it time, it will eventually. If not, recover your profile and try again.

If you have any questions for me, or need help at all, just post here, or send me a private/visitor message.

I am also not responsible for anything you do with this tutorial. No matter what your doing, you run the risk of being banned. Should that happen, its your fault. Not Mine.

Coolinator98

Coolinator98

Like a BOSS
Grizzled Veteran Free Hoster Reporter
Reaction score
Sin$
Funny, this reminds me of the morning sun, like diamonds....

P

packers12

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank u so much! The other programs like Le Fluffie and the older Profile Editor were not working anymore after the last update, and one question? in the purple section does the box have to be checked to offline if ive already done it at the bottom right? thanks again

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't plan on doing this, but does this bypass Microsoft's ban hammer?

T

TheftyGamer

Reaction score
Sin$
It keeps corrupting my profile. After I make the changes do I just save it to the FATX or whatever?

yannickky

yannickky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Put the edited profile back on the USB stick.
When you put the usb stick in the xbox be sure to move your profile to your harddisk first.
Then login without internet. Plug in the cable and then go online :smile:.
That worked for me when I tried this once.

Inxlinx

Inxlinx

Getting There
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Cool tut. Now if someone can find a way around a reset to get my gs back then I'd be happy (got reset last year, funny though it took them 2 years before resetting me). I'm going to do this from now on when I mod a few cheevos.

N

Necrokan

Reaction score
Sin$
Your tutorials are great. I had a quick question though. What I want to do is unlock a few offline achievements and put them before the others in my list. I used a save from an old profile to finish a game, now I have the achievement of beating the game, but not the progression achievements, like complete act 1, complete act 2, and complete act 3. So I had a couple questions, would unlocking 7 offline achievements at once be really bad? That’s all I'm doing, and then throwing them "under" the others.

durham iz hogan

durham iz hogan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your tutorials are great. I had a quick question though. What I want to do is unlock a few offline achievements and put them before the others in my list. I used a save from an old profile to finish a game, now I have the achievement of beating the game, but not the progression achievements, like complete act 1, complete act 2, and complete act 3. So I had a couple questions, would unlocking 7 offline achievements at once be really bad? That’s all I'm doing, and then throwing them "under" the others.

If your unlocking offline achievements then make sure you still do them in the correct order to be safe.
You can lock the completed game achievement, then unlock the chapters in order. Then unlock the completed game again. If all this is done offline i can not see many problems. Just do not go too far with it.

N

Necrokan

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh yeah, I'd do them in order, but the problem is the completed the game one has been unlocked online, and sycned with my profile (and this was back in March). Not much I can do about it now except mod offline achievements and put them "underneath" the legit ones. I just haven't seen much about unlocking offline "older" achievements, like Ill be doing, does that raise a big red flag?

ThrownToWolves

ThrownToWolves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This would be useful if my gamerscore hadn't of been reset for already doing this sort of thing. Rookie error that I've already paid for. Will be sure to look into this topic if I create another profile.

Inheritor343

Inheritor343

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This would be useful if my gamerscore hadn't of been reset for already doing this sort of thing. Rookie error that I've already paid for. Will be sure to look into this topic if I create another profile.
lol I'm on my 6th account now I've learned my lesson ONLY mod GAMESAVES do not extract your profile and edit it NEVER

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
lol I'm on my 6th account now I've learned my lesson ONLY mod GAMESAVES do not extract your profile and edit it NEVER
I've been doing it for years by hand in hex, offline and online (with proper date stamps) achievements, and never had issues. Idk why people get reset unless they're doing tons of them at a time (I usually only do one game every once in a while, maybe that's why? Or it's just luck, who knows).

iSoul

iSoul

Awesomesauce.
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
My accounts been good and I've done this a while back.

I only modded 2 achievements though, those being big ones. (Level 100 & Prestiged in Gears of War 3.)

To look legit. ;x

ThrownToWolves

ThrownToWolves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I only modded the Halo achievements to get myself Recon, I think that's where it went wrong.

M

mortmaru

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice guide.

Is it not safe to set online achevements as being unlocked online if the date/time is set?

I noticed in the program you can move achievements up or down in the list will this change the order it appears if it hasn't been uploaded to xb live already?

controllerfreak

controllerfreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are u sure ur should try this? It has been two months and I'm guessing that it isn't safe anymore, but im unsure

Top Bottom
Login
Register