How to .map mod Halo 3.

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding Tutorials' started by Leering, Jan 16, 2010 with 71 replies and 27,512 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modbox555

modbox555 Newbie

Ratings:
    Please reply...
    When i try to load my modded default.xex it says its too big please someone help!!! :frown:

2. LordBunbuns

LordBunbuns Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I am having trouble with this step. First off, Vista won't let me run xbox360gamehack, but second off, when i run it on my xp laptop, how do i click browse and go to the folder on my xbox HDD? do i need to copy halo off my HDD onto my comp first then copy it back onto my xbox HDD once the .DLL files are patched?

3. OP
    Leering

Leering (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ratings:
    I haven't updated this thread in awhile but if you use XexMenu to copy the game it should do thats it for you.

4. N00B1997

N00B1997 Newbie

Ratings:
    wen i try to start up h3 unlocker it says inspir3d has stopped working windows is checking for a solution to the problem but never finds a solution

5. EG DIGITALRECON

EG DIGITALRECON Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hey I have a question I just got my jtag today and what do you mean about .dll that we dont have to worry or do we just have to mod the xex and the .map im confused so do we have to mod the .dll or no? and if so my computer does not do 360gamehack virus blocks it?

6. RoFLz

RoFLz Newbie

Ratings:
    Great tutorial, I tried but H3 Unlock gives me an error about access denied to the xex. Can someone send me one that is already patched. Does this work with halo 3 mythic? or do I have to get an Iso for the original H3.

7. XeClutch

XeClutch Contingency Dev

Ratings:
  8. badman827

badman827 Newbie

Ratings:
    pretty good tutorial but i do a easier way

9. ToxicTurtle

ToxicTurtle Newbie

Ratings:
    I extracted the Halo 3 multiplayer disc to my hardrive. But when ever i go to edit the default.xex it tells me its an unclean version even though its coming directly from the disk..What should i do ?

10. Zuber

Zuber Extorted

Ratings:
    You need to patch the xex first, then you can mod it. Use H3Unlock.

11. ToxicTurtle

ToxicTurtle Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks its working now

12. Zuber

Zuber Extorted

Ratings:
    Glad to hear you got it to work.