• Thread starter Kenpachi
  • Start date
  • Views 2,606
Kenpachi

Kenpachi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I know this is probably useless but if it helps one person then it was worth it. If you have a screenshot and you dont have an app to mod it or the app wont work for some reason. then this will help you.

Things you will need:
a screenshot
a hex editor(HxD)
a rehasher and resigner

okay then lets get started

1. open up your screenshot in your hex editor and then open up the image you would like to replace the image with.

this is the screenshot
idk.png

and this is the image i want to replace it with
idk.JPG

2. find where the begining of you screenshot is in the HEX. there should be 2 images before then so just go past those untill you find a really long one. The begining of the HEX for the screenshot will be "" if you search for that in the HEX it wont find it. you have to do it manually. and idk if this will work for everybody else with different screentshots but select the block starting before that. right click select block and make the length "1CB18" if that doesnt work just scroll down untill you find the end...

this is the start of my screenshot
start.bmp

and this is the end of mine
end.bmp

3. Then you need to select all of the HEX for you screenshot and then replace it with the HEX for your image. (to make sure you have the right HEX selected for the screenshot just open a new tab in the HEX editor and then paste the HEX into that and save it as "idk.png" and open it up and if it shows you the screenhot it is right)

4. then you need to rehash and resign it. i use CONcept and HBC. then import it back onto your HDD and hopefully it works.

I hope this helps anybody and if so, press the pretty little button below. and this can also help someone with making a sceenshot editor if you want. and if you are having trouble just message my GT: IKenpachi MoDz and ask me to TV you. i only have one ehternet cord and its in my xbox most of the time so dont message me one here. and add my AIM: KenpachiMoDz.

H

halo123noob

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
This actually helped a lot, i couldn't get the other tutorials to work but this did.

Admin/Mod should move to halo 3 modding!

Kenpachi

Kenpachi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yupp :smile: manually... going to work on an app. that will nenver fail at making a modded screenshoit ^_^

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Kenpachi said:
yupp :smile: manually... going to work on an app. that will nenver fail at making a modded screenshoit ^_^

fail. Container Edits V4 FTW... BTW Container Edits V4 is the closest your going to get to, to being unfailable. But go ahead and try (With NO Help from anyone else)

Kenpachi

Kenpachi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
real nice there goldblade. that really hurt me :smile: and con edits does fail at making screenshots... it wont load any downloaded screenshots and still corrupted a few for me. and it wasnt the rehashing and resigning that corrupted it... and i doubt i will ever finish the screenshot editor. i have my xbox back and hardly ever get on here so yeah. but anyway you can have fun slamming me all you want :tongue: and i only ask for help when i cant find any help anywhere else. i dont just come here first

and 187mods... the girl looks a little young. so i take your still young. and if you are. dont call her the love of your life. because that can change really fast and end up really bad. trust me from experience. now i see why other people call women the devil :tongue:

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Kenpachi said:
real nice there goldblade. that really hurt me :smile: and con edits does fail at making screenshots... it wont load any downloaded screenshots and still corrupted a few for me. and it wasnt the rehashing and resigning that corrupted it... and i doubt i will ever finish the screenshot editor. i have my xbox back and hardly ever get on here so yeah. but anyway you can have fun slamming me all you want :tongue: and i only ask for help when i cant find any help anywhere else. i dont just come here first

and 187mods... the girl looks a little young. so i take your still young. and if you are. dont call her the love of your life. because that can change really fast and end up really bad. trust me from experience. now i see why other people call women the devil :tongue:

No it doesnt fail, ive put a **** load of my own research into it just to get it compadible with everything. If you knew anything about a screenshot container, you would know theat the images have a high percent of working when the file size of the jpeg are closer to the originals. The same rule applies in this tutorial.

N

NathanKett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No need to get all defensive guys, flaming just makes you look like a douche...

Also, love the tutorial. I actually prefer doing these things manually. it's foolproof, and I'm a fool =]

Thanks man <3

Kenpachi

Kenpachi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol im not flaming =] goldbl4d3 just seems to have a temper when someone complains about his apps :tongue:

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No, i dont have a temper. But I defend my app when nubs ^^ want to tell you an app thats been out a long time and have come along way fail when they dont.

H

Hackingandmodding

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This works out good, but whats the use. I meen if you post them online you get banned. You could mabe freak out your friends but otherwise its not that good. But still nice tutorial.

X

Xtasy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hackingandmodding said:
This works out good, but whats the use. I meen if you post them online you get banned. You could mabe freak out your friends but otherwise its not that good. But still nice tutorial.
I still see a few around online :tongue: But I've always wanted to know how. Now i know :ohmy:

Top Bottom
Login
Register