• Thread starter CheaterGG97
  • Start date
  • Views 530
CheaterGG97

CheaterGG97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi wondering if someone could help me out.. Ive got a XB1+360, Hauppage HDPVR2, Canon 1300d,samson usb mic and a MacBook.. i want to start making youtube videos using all my equipment i have.. I've tried using OBS studios but its just a massive pain in the ***.. how do all these big you tubers like FaZe Rain record using all there separate equipment but keep everything in sync?

Thanks guys hopefully someone can help me out (y)

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi wondering if someone could help me out.. Ive got a XB1+360, Hauppage HDPVR2, Canon 1300d,samson usb mic and a MacBook.. i want to start making youtube videos using all my equipment i have.. I've tried using OBS studios but its just a massive pain in the ***.. how do all these big you tubers like FaZe Rain record using all there separate equipment but keep everything in sync?

So the majority of large YouTubers who record on a console use an Elgato Game Capture. But I'm sure whatever recording device you use works very similarly.

As for keeping things in sync, I would assume that's where editing comes in. If you record your audio separate from your gameplay, you can use a program such as Sony Vegas or Premiere to make sure the audio and the video sync up perfectly.

I'm sure there's someone more experienced who can explain it better than I have, but I thought I might as well throw my thoughts in here in hopes of helping you out.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So the majority of large YouTubers who record on a console use an Elgato Game Capture. But I'm sure whatever recording device you use works very similarly.

As for keeping things in sync, I would assume that's where editing comes in. If you record your audio separate from your gameplay, you can use a program such as Sony Vegas or Premiere to make sure the audio and the video sync up perfectly.

I'm sure there's someone more experienced who can explain it better than I have, but I thought I might as well throw my thoughts in here in hopes of helping you out.
You can use an Elgato to record voice and everything so its already in sync. No editing needed

CheaterGG97

CheaterGG97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can use an Elgato to record voice and everything so its already in sync. No editing needed
i have hauppage and on mac you can't use legato software for hauppage devices because they don't get recognised for some reason..

Squid

Squid

Nubcake
Greeter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Your first mistake is having a Macbook Pro haha. In my experience, Apple's laptops can't really handle Adobe's video editing software. Better off getting or, even better, building a desktop computer and beef it up.

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Your first mistake is having a Macbook Pro haha. In my experience, Apple's laptops can't really handle Adobe's video editing software. Better off getting or, even better, building a desktop computer and beef it up.
He can use other editing software can't he?

Casp

Casp

VIP
VIP
Retired
Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
At my college, the editing labs are full of Macs and either use Premiere CC or Final Cut Pro. Both work just fine. Editing a YouTube video, however, is usually a different process than editing a short film, so I'm not sure what's optimal for a Let's Play-esque video.

Squid

Squid

Nubcake
Greeter A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$

Any video editing software on a Macbook is terrible, in my opinion. Mac desktops are a whole different story. My college classrooms had Mac desktops and they worked fine, tried catching up on work on my laptop, super slow.

subway foot long

subway foot long

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran EotM Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
At my college, the editing labs are full of Macs and either use Premiere CC or Final Cut Pro. Both work just fine. Editing a YouTube video, however, is usually a different process than editing a short film, so I'm not sure what's optimal for a Let's Play-esque video.
they most likey using imacs, the expensive ones. Which still suck in my opinion. My school has them too. But you can try to use the Hauppauge rocket portable game recorder or the AVerMedia live gamer portable. They both work same as the Elgato. Upside, for the Hauppauge portable you don't need a computer to record, and you can you use it to record your voice at the same time. For the editing, you can either use sony vegas or premiere. But if you want both compositing and editing you can try to use hitfilm. It's both after effects and premiere combined together. :smile: hope this helps

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

Which macbook do you have? Just because its a macbook doesnt mean it will be powerful enough to do all of this. For example my macbook air 2016 can't even handle OBS or elgato's software.

Most youtubers now use elgatos software alongside an elgato capture card like Adolfin suggested since its the easiest "noob" solution for commentary and basic editing. Since you are not using that and are using an HDPVR you will need to use a recording software such as theirs or OBS(its not that bad I use it for my videos) to record both your game and audio.

As for syncing audio. You will need to do that in the editing phase of your video. It is recommended before you start anything that you do a counting while navigating the menus alongside the beginning of your audio. So that you can use that to sync everything perfectly.

For example. Your game may have a main menu that looks like this

-----
Start Game
Load Game
Options
Quit
----

You will want to label them as such and move your curser throughout them both up and down while saying the numbers out loud. This will allow you ample time and a perfect way to sync everything. You then of course just cut this part out of the video

-----
Start Game - 1
Load Game - 2
Options - 3
Quit - 4
----

Top Bottom
Login
Register