sweet thank alot!!! I will give it a shot.I was going to make a post, but do not have the time as of late.
(@= Apps I use in order to extract and edit texture files [email protected])
1) Liberty V : to extract the .xtd and .xtf files out of vehicles.meta (that holds all the models and texture files)
2) GTA V Console Texture Editor 1.4 : so you can extract the .dds files from each .xtf file.
3) Paint.net : allows you to edit the .dds file or as i do convert to a .png to use in Photoshop.
4) Photoshop : manipulate the designs as I see fit from the template i extracted in step 3
* In Photoshop I keep the initial .png as the bottom layer as a guide as to where I can place images/designs so they line up perfect when I inject back into the .xtf file to be used in my ISO.
* Some images don't require a template if you want to create a complete blanket
* Can't teach creativity so let your imagination run wild when creating your designs with fonts, textures and patterns.
Lastly, as i understand the difference in .dds files, but do not know how to explain them when saving them you need to make sure they are the proper DXT. There are three in paint.net DXT1 DXT3 and DXT5 you'll have an idea if you saved them in the wrong format as when you inject your .dds file back into your .xtf file it will be highly distorted. Re save in another format. I'll also summon Awakening to clean up or properly explain .dds files.
sweet thank alot!!! I will give it a shot.
so the only cars i can edit and get online with other players are the newest dlc right?
the vehicles.meta is crc'ed
how do you convert to png i cant get it to open in photo shop?no there are other vehicles like the batiRR, the sanchez, clown van, Smoke on the water van.... and other vehicles that have grafix on them.
Apologies!!! i said vehicles.meta when it was supposed to be vehicles.rpf. That too is CRC'd but it can be bypassed and used in an ISO in a modders pool.