• Start date
  • Views 805
hammadroid

hammadroid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello guys ,
I have an Asus X550L with i5 4200U 1.6 ghz with turbo boost up to 2.6 ghz . So , I'd like to overclock my CPU so that I will able to run some new games ! But I don't want to harme my cpu and decrease the life of my laptop !
So , can anyone please help me and provide me with some trick or software to do that !
Thanks previously .
P.S : I'm an amateur so please explain well for me . I hope getting a software who did this automatically .

SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's a locked processor, and unless there is a hack available you won't be able to overclock it. In addition most would agree overclocking laptops (save for the few that are designed for it) is highly advised against. The increased temps in what is already a high temp set up isn't great, and you have to think about battery life which would seriously suffer, something you don't need to worry about with a desktop.

hammadroid

hammadroid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
and how did the turbo boost work ? I use it while plugged most of time

SeaPancake3

SeaPancake3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When overclocking the general consensus it to turn turbo OFF, that way you hit your target top speed without your PC trying to push it further and throwing errors and even crashing.

Top Bottom
Login
Register