• Views 192,866
punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR WIRED CONTROLLERS

Every one wants to know how to make them, but no one wants to tell you. Well now you will learn how to make a rapid fire controller for under $10. If you don't have a soldering iron or any wire it is about $30.​

What you need:
-1 Soldering Iron
- 1 Lead free solder
- 1 Torx Security bit screw driver
- 1 Insulated wire (30AWG)
All these can be found here
That is the cheapest spot I found to get those.​

Now the parts that actually do your rapid fire
- 1 button *can be found here* $2.49​

- 1 old matrix wireless controller
MatrixWirelessBoard.jpg

CGWirelessBoard.jpg

* If you do not have the old matrix go to bottom of this page for a different tut*​

Lets mod:​

Step One: Open your controller, find out if it is a matrix or not. See Pictures above. If it is not a matrix you can go to the second tut below.​

Step Two: Solder a wire to each pin on the button.​
tut1.jpg
Step Three: Once you have both wires soldered onto the button you will need to find a spot where you would like the button to be. Most of the time people put the button on the bottom of the controller. All you have to do is get a small drill and drill a hole in the bottom of the controller case. Then use a nail file or metal file if you have one and make it into the same shape and size of your button. When you have the right size, place the button into the whole and glue it in to place. The button needs to have the wires on the inside of the controller and the button on the outside - bottom of the controller.​
tut2.jpg

Step Four: This is the hardest part in the whole project. You need to make sure you take your time. You will now need to solder the wires to LED 1 and the right trigger. When soldering the wires to their locations you should only have to touch it for a second and then it be soldered. Do not hold it there or you could risk ruining your whole controller. Have the positive wire go to LED1 and the ground go to the middle pin on the right side of the controller.​

tut3-1.jpg

-​
Step Five: Hide all the wires and get everything out of the way. Put the back on and then put in your batter pack. Go into COD4 and test it out. You will need to hold down the button in order to shoot. If you did everything right it should fire. If it does not work check your wires and make sure you soldered the ground to the middle pin. If it still doesn't work you may have damaged your led and as a result it wont work.

So you have a new controller and want to make it a rapid fire. No problem.
Things you will need:​

- 1 Soldering iron with solder
- This kit

This kit comes with a pre programmed chip so you can kick some serious ***.​

Step One: Open your controller using the Torex security screw driver
Step Two: Solder all the wires to the chip. One wire for power on pin one of the chip. A ground on pin eight on the chip. And a wire on pin 5 that goes to a pin on the button, then a wire from the other pin on the chip.​

tut4.jpg
Step Three: Drill a small hole in the controller for the button. Most people put the button on the bottom but if you like it on the top put it there. This button will be the button that you will need to hold down in order to shoot in rapid fire mode. So put it some where, where you can get your trigger finger to reach it. Once you have the button in place glue it and move onto step four.​

Step Four: Now it the hard part. You will need to be extremely careful when soldering the wires to the board. You do not want to try and force anything. You should only have to hold the iron down on the wire for a second. If it does not work, take it off and try again. Never hold the soldering iron on the board for an extended period of time. Connect the wires to their designated location.​
tut5.jpg

Step Five: Once you have the wires connected put the chip some where inside the controller in a safe place. Put the back of the controller on and then put the battery pack on. Load up COD4 and test it out. You will need to hold down the button to shoot. If you get it to fire congrats you now have your very own rapid fire controller. If it does not work make sure you have ll the wires connected in the correct location.

Hopefully this helps all of you out there who make threads every single day asking how to make a rapid fire controller. If this tut helped you please give thanks.

Thank you to Azicmods and Kingmike_001 for the pictures and finding out this easy and cheap way to do rapid fire.

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
I watched thhis tut grow.... its like my nephew.... *tear*

Great tut btw, makes it look pretty easy :smile:

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha Thanks. This is very easy. If any one needs help or has any questions hit me up via pm aim or leave a comment here.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The reason for the chip is because it is programmed for better performance and is the only way you can mod on a new controller. With the old one you do not need a chip because of the way its made. Basicly the pulse power is what determineds how you shoot. The chip give a better pulse and thus rapid works better.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. What ever is easier for you I suggest you doing it that way. With some chips you can use different modes. Some chips allow up to four modes. Such as rapid fire, dual rapid fire, reload, ect.

gamebeatter

gamebeatter

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
would you will be willing to do this for me for a fee

UnknowingAcorn

UnknowingAcorn

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
SEXY TUT. ima make my own once im back in the city :thumbup:

C

CPT KANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
nice man

once i get a job and some spar money il do this for me and some friends at school

thanks

STICKY pliz ?

G

Godly Chaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I sell new controllers with rapid fire for $50 PM if interested.. this does work, but this is the glitchy way to do it and its not all that reliable. we make ours a different way and it holds better.

Nice post though Sk8er- I agree, make it stick, its a very good way if your on a budget. :smile:

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
" We make them a different way" Meaning you use a different color wire and charge the same if not more.

Don't listen to all these people who try and claim their controllers are better than every one elses. You can make your own for a very low cost. Why pay some one an insane amount of money to make a controller for you. Do this first or at least try and if you cant get it to work then try and fine some one to pay to make you one.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man! I really hope this helps every one with all the rapid fire issues. Help put an end to the $50+ ebay kits. Make your own for little to none!

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Great guide! *Stickied*

G

Godly Chaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
punkskater2448 said:
" We make them a different way" Meaning you use a different color wire and charge the same if not more.

Don't listen to all these people who try and claim their controllers are better than every one elses. You can make your own for a very low cost. Why pay some one an insane amount of money to make a controller for you. Do this first or at least try and if you cant get it to work then try and fine some one to pay to make you one.

haha i sell NEW controllers with mod for 50 bucks... thats not expensive.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Great Tut!

@godly chaos - if you wanna sell them make a BST thread.

G

Godly Chaos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Didnt mean to post that :mellow: i

Sorry, anyways very nice tut, but i've seen those pics all over the net.. along with tuts basicly saying the same thing.

but Sk8er explains it really well :smile:

punkskater2448 said:
The reason for the chip is because it is programmed for better performance and is the only way you can mod on a new controller. With the old one you do not need a chip because of the way its made. Basicly the pulse power is what determineds how you shoot. The chip give a better pulse and thus rapid works better.

False, You CAN mod the new board without a chip.
PM if interested.. i'll do it for free.
:smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register