How to make a program, click to see...

Discussion in 'Programming & Scripting' started by Gtech Zilla, Sep 20, 2018 with 8 replies and 852 views.

1. Gtech Zilla

Gtech Zilla Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So i basically want to make a program or script to watch anyone with a below 1000 subscriber mark. Is this possible, and where would i get started?

2. SecurityEd

SecurityEd Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What language or framework? If you want to make a program use something like HTMLAgility to gather the subscriber count and I guess you could use a webbrowser control to do the watching function. But use a third party control the built in one is dog ****. Else if your making via php or html you might have to use some apis.

3. OP
    Gtech Zilla

Gtech Zilla Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's what i'm asking, what language? And how do i put it all together. Not the code but the concept?

4. shinda

shinda Gonzo is a Pedophile Retired

Ratings:
    If you can't even figure out what language you're gonna use them you should probably be learning an actual language. Python or c# should work with whatever you want to do.

5. OP
    Gtech Zilla

Gtech Zilla Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That's why i asked "where would i get started?" Please don't give me languages that aren't going to support what i'm trying to do.

6. shinda

shinda Gonzo is a Pedophile Retired

Ratings:
    You can make anything you put your mind to in both of those languages. You can get started by LEARNING THEM.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Professional

Professional Staff Staff

Ratings:
    Look into creating synthetic transactions. I've done it in VB and it can be done in plenty of other languages too.

8. Chris7S

Chris7S Nerd by definition, programmer by trade

Ratings:
    You can do this easily in C#. You should look into WebClient. It will handle all that you need to do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3 VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Using C#, if your goal is to load dozens if not hundreds of pages, extract the names of users with less than 1000 subscribers, then I do not recommend using the built in WebBrowser control. That requires rendering and will slow the process. Instead use an HTTP request and stream to receive the page html. If you want it to automatically 'watch' them under your profile, you will need to learn how to send a login 'post' protocol and manage cookies. You do not want to render anything. However in the case of youtube, the comments are loaded separately, so you will have to trigger the javascript manually, or load the webpage through the BrowserControl, so more information is needed to find a sound, fast and efficient solution.

Either way, I made a proxy system a long time ago that has the quirky components you will need to know/learn.

• Like Like x 1