What's new

Tutorial How to make a homemade Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver for PC!

• Thread starter halopro77
  • Start date
  • Views 414,610
V

VooDooQky

Reaction score
Sin$
V VooDooQky did you manage to get the syncing working with an arduino? the led init command works for me but the sync command wont work. I have a different slim rf than yours but i dont think that should matter.

If u did manage to get it to work could you send me the code and tell me how u set everything up?

Aaa, no, I didn't use any additional hardware like Arduino, I was just curious if I could light up the LEDs by simply grounding them somewhere.

BlakDK

BlakDK

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone hope i can get some help, i just maide a new diy reciver, because my old one seemd broken, so it was shown as unknown device but the new one was allso shown like unknown. tryed all drivers i can find but it cant install. In on the newest win 10 and every thing else on my pc works.. any idears?

C

Chogui16

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys! I know this thread is really old, but i would really aprecciate a bit of help. I have a Slim model board, I soldered every cable as in the pictures a bit above (DATA+, DATA-, CLOCK, DATA, GND, +3.3v and sync). I want to make it work with all the LEDs, and, most importantly, I need the Sync functionality. I tried with an Arduino, it worked really well (the LEDs worked perfectly), except for the fact that the Sync function does not work with this model and Arduino. Then, I installed the program used to control the board with an FTDI converter in Windows 10. I powered it with 3.3v from the FTDI module, connected CLK and DATA pins to the CTS and RTS, but i cannot get a clock signal (maybe my FTDI converter is too slow?). I tried everything, and my controller and board are almost useless, as they are not paired. Also, I should try pairing them while plugged in the console, but is a rdod one, so probably that doesn´t work.

PD: Sorry fot the bad English, I am argentinian lol

The board:
IMG_20210121_013351.md.jpg

The FTDI chip (based in CP2102):
IMG_20210121_013412.md.jpg

A

Allranger

Reaction score
Sin$
Question If i have an old USB turtle beach x31 rf transmitter (originally made for their wireless headphones) could I use that to connect to a Xbox 360 controller to my pc? sorry I dont know much about electronic stuff

Demrok

Demrok

Reaction score
Sin$
I have 3 modules, a Rev.B, Rev.E and a Rev.H.
I have tried with diodes, without diodes as well as using a 3.3v Regulator. I have been successful in recognizing the module in Win10 and installing drivers.
I tested it in Dark Souls remastered as well as Yuzu for Switch emulation. Worked great!
BUT... No matter what, my problem is that after I get the module installed in Windows 10 after a random amount of time, the module disappears from the Device manager and stops talking to the Controller. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it does not show back up, unless I wait a while (probably to drain any voltage in the module?) But sometimes if I change USB ports it will pop up in Device manager for a short amount of time.
Has anyone else had this issue with a RF module dropping from the device manager? If so... did you fix it? What did you do!?
Would REALLY like to get these working. Thanks!

A Allranger Basically the X360 controllers are specific to the 360 RF module. It's not like Bluetooth and isn't universal to connect to other RF devices. So it must be from a X360 unit, not a headset.

O

omgkenny

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone, thanks for the help for this project. I've just bought a cheap play and charge cable from AliExpress, did anyone succeed to pair it's gamepad with those one ? Thanks in advance for your answers

H

hecker_ike

Reaction score
Sin$
would this work with a raspberry pi? I want to build a sleeper Xbox. I got an Xbox 360 for free since someone spilled a liquid all over it and it shorted out. the ring of lights is intact. i mostly am going to use it for retro gaming.

C

C4illin

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a RevH. Just took a usb extension cord and plugged it in (took some force) and installed official old drivers from archive.org. No diodes, no soldering, no resistors and it works on windows 11.

Top Bottom
Login
Register