What's new

Tutorial How to make a homemade Xbox 360 controller wireless receiver for PC!

• Thread starter halopro77
  • Start date
  • Views 365,578
V

VooDooQky

Reaction score
V VooDooQky did you manage to get the syncing working with an arduino? the led init command works for me but the sync command wont work. I have a different slim rf than yours but i dont think that should matter.

If u did manage to get it to work could you send me the code and tell me how u set everything up?

Aaa, no, I didn't use any additional hardware like Arduino, I was just curious if I could light up the LEDs by simply grounding them somewhere.

BlakDK

BlakDK

Reaction score
Hey everyone hope i can get some help, i just maide a new diy reciver, because my old one seemd broken, so it was shown as unknown device but the new one was allso shown like unknown. tryed all drivers i can find but it cant install. In on the newest win 10 and every thing else on my pc works.. any idears?

C

Chogui16

Reaction score
Hi guys! I know this thread is really old, but i would really aprecciate a bit of help. I have a Slim model board, I soldered every cable as in the pictures a bit above (DATA+, DATA-, CLOCK, DATA, GND, +3.3v and sync). I want to make it work with all the LEDs, and, most importantly, I need the Sync functionality. I tried with an Arduino, it worked really well (the LEDs worked perfectly), except for the fact that the Sync function does not work with this model and Arduino. Then, I installed the program used to control the board with an FTDI converter in Windows 10. I powered it with 3.3v from the FTDI module, connected CLK and DATA pins to the CTS and RTS, but i cannot get a clock signal (maybe my FTDI converter is too slow?). I tried everything, and my controller and board are almost useless, as they are not paired. Also, I should try pairing them while plugged in the console, but is a rdod one, so probably that doesn´t work.

PD: Sorry fot the bad English, I am argentinian lol

The board:
IMG_20210121_013351.md.jpg

The FTDI chip (based in CP2102):
IMG_20210121_013412.md.jpg

A

Allranger

Reaction score
Question If i have an old USB turtle beach x31 rf transmitter (originally made for their wireless headphones) could I use that to connect to a Xbox 360 controller to my pc? sorry I dont know much about electronic stuff

Demrok

Demrok

Reaction score
I have 3 modules, a Rev.B, Rev.E and a Rev.H.
I have tried with diodes, without diodes as well as using a 3.3v Regulator. I have been successful in recognizing the module in Win10 and installing drivers.
I tested it in Dark Souls remastered as well as Yuzu for Switch emulation. Worked great!
BUT... No matter what, my problem is that after I get the module installed in Windows 10 after a random amount of time, the module disappears from the Device manager and stops talking to the Controller. If I unplug it and plug it back in, it does not show back up, unless I wait a while (probably to drain any voltage in the module?) But sometimes if I change USB ports it will pop up in Device manager for a short amount of time.
Has anyone else had this issue with a RF module dropping from the device manager? If so... did you fix it? What did you do!?
Would REALLY like to get these working. Thanks!

A Allranger Basically the X360 controllers are specific to the 360 RF module. It's not like Bluetooth and isn't universal to connect to other RF devices. So it must be from a X360 unit, not a headset.

Top Bottom