Solved how to make a .com website ?

Discussion in 'Windows Support' started by Fire RPK, Mar 3, 2018 with 14 replies and 555 views.

1. Fire RPK

Fire RPK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok i just want to make my own .com website but where is the best and cheap place for making .com website
    [doublepost=1520091799][/doublepost]any website that has a good use like wix would be good

2. Fogel

Fogel Call Me Mclovin!

Ratings:
    Depends what kind of website your trying to make and your knowledge about doing so. There are plenty of places to buy the domain which is the first thing you will need just google it. Your also going to need a place to host the site as well, you can google website hosting, there are tons of options.

3. lowpro

lowpro Professional Abecedarian

Ratings:
    Easy way would just be godaddy or easydns or the like, then you can host for free at 000webhost or github pages. for a .com you could find maybe $8/yr for a general normal domain, wouldn't pay much more than that.

4. pLTPF

pLTPF I am NOT LeafyIsHere

Ratings:
    There are several places you can get your domain, and there are also several free web hosting sites out there or you can pay an extra couple dollars a month and buy hosting which I recommend. When ever you buy your domain and get your hosting you can usually search 'hosting name name servers' on google and find a link on their website, copy those name serves then go to your domain configuration and replace or set those name servers on the website you purchased your domain.

5. OP
    Fire RPK

Fire RPK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what is the cheapest way you could make your website?, i will get my domain at dot.tk
    they have .com .tk .net .org and more
    but should i buy domain and hosting at place would it be cheaper or just buy domain and host files ?

6. Vegeta

Vegeta 宇宙のマスター

Ratings:
    What type of website are you trying to build?

7. Cakes

Cakes Administrator Administrator

Ratings:
    I would avoid the .tk TLD. They have a somewhat poor reputation due to a large number of malicious websites being registered under the .tk TLD back when it was free to get one.

You can usually get a TLD registered from https://www.namecheap.com for a reasonably cheap price. I've been using them for quite some time now. Also, keep in mind that depending on the type of website you want to build, you may or may not need a specific setup as there are different types of web hosting solutions. However, you can usually purchase your actual domain on any service, and use it alongside another providers web hosting service. For example, you can get a domain from Namecheap and use it on GoDaddy or Squarespace.

8. pLTPF

Ratings:
    Buy hosting, you can get it for like $5 or less per month, I use blazingfast which has DDoS Protection and is only $4 a month.

9. OP
    Fire RPK

Fire RPK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    thanks you guys i really appreciated it

10. OP
    Fire RPK

Fire RPK Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i got wix for free i removed the ads :biggrin: hahaha, and i got the .tk domain
    check my website crippli.tk
    [doublepost=1521299510][/doublepost]but the bad is i don't know what to make

11. Onlineweare

Onlineweare Inspiration is key

Ratings:
    Be careful with dot.tk domains. I used them back in the day and as soon as you get good traffic on them they forward the domain to ads.

12. LawlessBaron

LawlessBaron A myth Retired

Ratings:
    Any Domain service others have better services then some

13. Kaden

Kaden Halo 2 Enthusiast | Discord Fanatic

Ratings:
    Start with: https://namecheap.com and OVH

Like said above, avoid .tk, .ml, .fr or free domains like that.

They have ads and look sketchy.

14. pLTPF

Ratings:
    I agree with you. $3.49 OVH and a domain, that's as cheap as you're gonna get, plus free CloudFlare, you're set!

15. Kaden

Kaden Halo 2 Enthusiast | Discord Fanatic

Ratings:
    Yep