• Start date
  • Views 50,268
C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
NOD32 Really slowed down my computer, it sometimes even disabled the internet. After a day, i uninstalled it

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That's weird....NOD32 shouldn't even put a dent in your processes. I think that means there is something wrong with your computer. NOD uses the least amount of processes out of all the AV programs I've read about.

As for what program you should try. Don't go with AVG anymore...I would give BitDefender 10 a go, if you can find a good download for it. If anything, NOD32's new one should be fine as well as Kaspersky (this uses more processes, but is still good).

L

lx underoath xl

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Does bitdefender make your computer pretty slow?

I don't want to uninstall my AVG professional and NOD32 full and then download bitdefender and make my computer slow.

I have 512 MB ram on my computer.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I would keep with NOD32 then. I think bitdefender takes up more ram...NOD takes up the least.

PrivateJesus

PrivateJesus

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
NOD is spectacular to me, i love it cause it takes up no room. I also have AVG 7.5 Pro for backup

G

got_rice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i just installed nod32 and this tut says to turn it off and idk where to do that. can someone help me

L

lx underoath xl

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
All you have to do.

Install NOD32.(choose not to restart)
Don't do anything else(unless it starts automatically, if so close it in your notification area)
Install fix.
Restart.

That's it.

Oh, and "notification area" is the the bottom right of your dsktop(the part with the clock) in case that confused you.

G

got_rice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i didnt restart and there nothing for nod32 in the notification area

sorry to post again but y cant i open up the nod32 control center? it says,"Error occurred during communication with NOD32 Kernal service" what do i do now?

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I got that when I was using ghostsurf and then uninstalled it. Are you using a proxy and did you set it to "I am not using a proxy" when it asked you in the installation?

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well...you could try to uninstall it and reinstall it. That's what helped me out...that or I reformatted...I don't remember :tongue:

T

TuBbY BuNnY

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
lx underoath xl said:
Does bitdefender make your computer pretty slow?

I don't want to uninstall my AVG professional and NOD32 full and then download bitdefender and make my computer slow.

I have 512 MB ram on my computer.

I have 1gb of ram and bitdefender does make it kinda slow but now really so just stay with NOD32

G

got_rice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i chose "i dont use a proxy". when everything was done i dont know where to install the fix

Nightcast

Nightcast

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Spanky *Darth Vader Voice* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Use my sig. We have to stick together.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just double click the fix and keep hitting next...there really isn't a specific location for it...if you left everything default for NOD, then leave everything default for the fix. Just make sure you didn't restart after you installed NOD and before you installed the fix.

PrivateJesus

PrivateJesus

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
you know, NOD32 and AVG are compatible together, that's what I do, have em' both running at the same time.

Top Bottom
Login
Register