Unsolved How to jailbreak/mod a PS3 OFW v4.82, Slim (Not Super Slim) Model CECH-3001B

Discussion in 'Playstation 3 Support' started by WulfyRoxas, Oct 9, 2018 with 5 replies and 7,120 views.

1. WulfyRoxas

WulfyRoxas Newbie

Ratings:
    How to jailbreak/mod a PS3 OFW v4.82, Slim (Not Super Slim) Model CECH-3001B

I recently got two old broken PS3s from a family member, took them apart, and replaced the broken parts in the newer one with the parts from the older one, (they were the same exact model so it's fine) and now it's functional and all, everything works as it should and I still need my own controller, but I'd like to learn how to jailbreak it.

I've seen articles and videos all over the place using different tools, different playstation versions, mostly 3.55, and a ton of things also say stuff like "This won't work if you have a Super Slim or Slim 3000 Series" which eliminated it for me.

When I fixed them it forced me to put a 4.82 install disc in or else it wouldn't have worked, and it's been factory resetting for 17/20 hours now.
    I'm assuming it will be v4.82 when it's ready again, and I'd like to know how to jailbreak this specific model and version of the slim.

If anyone could link or tell me where and how to jailbreak said PS3 ( OFW 4.82 Slim Model CECH-3001B ), that would be amazing.
    Thank you!

2. R3TRIX

R3TRIX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sadly you wont be able to jailbreak the PS3. To jailbreak a PS3 users are required to downgrade their PS3 to Sonys 3.55 firmware using a downgrading tool such as an E3 Flasher for NOR PS3s or Teensy++ for NAND PS3s. This does you to take the PS3 apart. Going back to the point about downgrading to 3.55 your PS3 will not downgrade to that official firmware due to the fact that the first system firmware for that model was 3.60.

3. Conte Zero

Conte Zero Newbie

Ratings:
    Now you can install games pkg also on your non-downgradeable ps3. For more info do a google search with ps3xploit

4. R3TRIX

R3TRIX Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I dont think Ps3xploit is compatible with 25XX NOR(3.60 and Higher), 3XXX NOR. Since the OP has CECH-3001B, A jailbreak cannot be achieved as well as using Ps3xploit

5. Conte Zero

Conte Zero Newbie

Ratings:
    Ps3xploit HAN works with PS3 3K and 4k models. You cannot install a CFW but you can install pkg games. Just have a look @ their website (do a google search, I cannot post link).

6. OP
    WulfyRoxas

WulfyRoxas Newbie

Ratings:
    Well sadly I'm a D.A who decided not to listen to R3TRIX and attempted to jailbreak it using ps3xploit, butttt despite it saying it was a success, I bricked it. :/
    So thanks for the tips, at least.