How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch / iPhone 3.1.2+

• Thread starter Insatiable
  • Start date
  • Views 2,183
B

bootsandrew

Reaction score
Sin$
itorks great for my 3rd gen. 8 gig. try running blackra1n again while it shows the connect to itunes thing

Z

ZACHxKENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya a friend of mine did it 2nd gen and it worked supposidly 3rd gen is juat tethered which mean u cant let it die or turn it off but it should still download the app iv tryed repeatedly with restoring not restoring the works but nothing seems to happen:cursing:

And secondly .this is semi related and 3rd gen user looking for a untethered jailbreak its coming in june after the firmware upgrade it will be called greenpoisen it will allow u to not have to connect to a comp everytime u shut it down heres the link
Chronic Dev Blog thank me if this helped

I

Ram

Cez
Reaction score
Sin$
So can you do this with a 3rd Gen or not? And can anything bad happen to the touch after its jail broken?

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Flaws in the tutorial:
Insatiable said:
Blackra1n for iPods
Blacksn0w for iPhones
Its blackra1n for both Blackra1n is the name of the jailbreak. Black snow is the name of the baseband unlock. Considering this post is how to jailbreak blacksn0w should really be no where in this tutorial
Insatiable said:
(MAKE SURE YOU'RE iPod or iPhone HAS BEEN RESTORED BEFORE DOING THIS)
It doesn't:huh:.
Insatiable said:
1.) Download .exe from blackra1n.com or blacksn0w.com
blacksn0w.com doesn't exist. Its not a program.
Insatiable said:

5.) Your iPod should go into recovery mode (This is installing the Blackra1n installation app to your iPod, dont worry)
- Note: iTunes will say something about you needing to restore, since you already have done so, IGNORE IT UNTILL Blackra1n has been completely installed (the end of this tutorial)
Itunes aswell as all itunes processes should be closed.
If more then one program is accessing AFC it could cause a conflict.
Insatiable said:

7.) There should now be an app on your spring board menu (Desktop/Start Menu/Doc page) called Blackra1n.... or Blacksn0w if you did this for your iPhone.
Its called blackra1n on the iphone too. The only difference is it give you the option to install the blacksn0w baseband unlock.
Insatiable said:
8.) Open the application, install it. CHOOSE CYDIA... Believe me its better than Rock or Icy.
Its possible to install all 3 its not mutually exclusive.
Insatiable said:
- If you dont want the Blackra1n app on your page just reopen it and hit uninstall *IT DOESNT DE-JAILBREAK YOUR iPod, IT JUST REMOVES THE APP*
I would never advice deleting the app incase something ever happens to cydia and you dont have SSH, AFC2 or another 3rd party installer app.
[/quote]

walkthrough said:
It does not have to be but its recommended to help your ipod from being broken in the jailbraking process.:thumbup:
It really will not effect the process at all.
theone0522 said:
agreed restore it first. 10% chance of it being a beter jailbreak
I'm about 100% sure that post is wrong 10% of the time all the time

MaddenGunnar94 said:
Ive heard that internet Explorer 8 messes this up??? Any confirmation because i have Explorer 8? Thanks
Its just downloading a program. All browsers will download the file the same it wont effect the code within the program at all.

I ShAdOw I said:
A question my iPhone is on contract, Is there anyway my provider (O2) could find out, Also if I do jailbreak it, Is there anyway I could un-jailbreak it? another is that could I still ring and text from it? would appreciate it if anyone could answer those questions.

No that would be illegal for O2 to do. It is very easy to "unJailbreak" you just click the restore button in itunes.

Insatiable said:
I dont think your provider will find out, as hundreds of iphones are jailbroken. You cant un jailbreak it.
If you restore your iphone it will "unJailbreak"

i H4CK Io said:
Okay, everytime i use blackra1n it goes to a screen which shows a usb cable and the itunes logo. Then after that it goes to a funny colored screen which it freezes on. Anyone know whats happening and how to fix it?

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/ipo...tuck-connect-itunes-screen-recovery-mode.html

mrgeo20 said:
after I jailbreak it, can I put all the music I already have on my iTouch or do I have to use a cydia tool to redownload all my songs or something?
thanks for the help!:thumbup:
edit: nobody? =[

A jailbroken ipod works with itunes the exact same way a regular one does. Nothing will change.

ZACHxKENT said:
My itouch 3.1.2 wont break its 3rd gen and when i try to brreak it goes all the way through but makes no icon.. Advice?
Does it enter recovery mode?
Does geohotz face appear?
Are you running it as an administrator?
Is itunes closed as well as itunes mobile device?

Ram said:
So can you do this with a 3rd Gen or not? And can anything bad happen to the touch after its jail broken?

Yes, It will work however if you ipod turns completely off you must plug it back in and run blackra1n.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/ipo...tuck-connect-itunes-screen-recovery-mode.html

I

Ram

Cez
Reaction score
Sin$
Does it enter recovery mode?
Does geohotz face appear?
Are you running it as an administrator?
Is itunes closed as well as itunes mobile device?
Mine doesn't appear. Ive tryed everything!

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ram said:
Mine doesn't appear. Ive tryed everything!
Try to restore and use redsn0w 0.9.2 instead

Download:
Code:
http://iphwn.org/redsn0w-win_0.9.2.zip

Z

ZACHxKENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think i might just wait till chronic dev realeses greenpoisen in june as to avoid any glitches

T

The Almighty P

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
will this work on 3.1.3 because it seems like its been 3 mins and still hasnt rebooted.

D

+ Drake +

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The Almighty P said:
will this work on 3.1.3 because it seems like its been 3 mins and still hasnt rebooted.
Doubt it, thus the thread named 3.1.2

Z

ZACHxKENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i figured it out!! close everything except blackrain then run it freezes on the black because the comp is using 2 much memory

M

Mr Tizerr

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm gunna have to try this :biggrin:.
PS: Have you GOT to restore/delete everything off of your iTouch/Phone to do this or not? Private mail me with answers please.

X

xsilentxxkniqht

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
nice tut, you cant get icy by b1ackrain anymore, i really wanted it too but i just checked and its gone :thumbdown: but great tut :thumbup:

H

Hostile.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This won't work for a device on 3.1.3 firmware just so you guys know! If using a device that's not ipt3 or ipt2 MC model, you can jailbreak on 3.1.3 Using redsn0w! To sum it up, all devices on 3.1.2 are jailbreakable! Only some are on 3.1.3 sadly enough. :.(

P

ParteeInMyPants

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know if I missed someone saying this, but I'm going to say it anyways. I have a 32 gig itouch with 3.1.2 (I think) and while using blackra1n you have to tether you're iPod which means every time you turn on you're touch it has to be connected to a computer and then you must run blackra1n again unless he made a new version of it. That's why mine is currently unjailbroken. The iPhone does not have this issue however. Again, sorry if someone else posted this

Top Bottom
Login
Register