• Thread starter Insatiable
  • Start date
  • Views 2,184
I

Insatiable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Blackra1n for both iPhone and iPod Touch.

Why Jailbreak your device? : Well, first off you can get amazing looking themes and tweaks that make your iPod/iPhone look amazing. there are also settings/tweaks that the iPod should have already come with that make productivity SO much easier, Like bossprefs. Oh and if you use the Installous app listed at the bottom..*whisper* Free apps from iTunes that you would originally have to pay for *whisper* ^_-

(MAKE SURE YOU'RE iPod or iPhone HAS BEEN RESTORED BEFORE DOING THIS)

2.) Connect iPod/iPhone to PC or Mac

3.) Run Blackra1n/sn0w.exe

4.) Click "Make it Rain"

5.) Your iPod should go into recovery mode (This is installing the Blackra1n installation app to your iPod, don't worry)
- Note: iTunes will say something about you needing to restore, since you already have done so, IGNORE IT UNTILL Blackra1n has been completely installed (the end of this tutorial) (Make sure iTunes / any apple programs have been closed to prevent conflicts)

6.) Once recovery is done, it may or may not shut off your device. Just turn it back on.

7.) There should now be an app on your spring board menu (Desktop/Start Menu/Doc page) called Blackra1n.

8.) Open the application, install it. CHOOSE CYDIA... Believe me its better than Rock or Icy. You can choose to install all 3, but I prefer Cydia.

9.) Your iPod/iPhone is now unlocked and fully jailbroken. Congrats you have an uber leet, hacked iPhone or iPod Touch! =D.
- If you dont want the Blackra1n app on your page just reopen it and hit uninstall *IT DOESNT DE-JAILBREAK YOUR iPod, IT JUST REMOVES THE APP*
(Not recommended)

Now, you're going to want some cool stuff to put onto your iPod from Cydia. so here is a Tut on adding sources, and I'll display all of MY sources. (basically every single useful one)

1.) Open Cydia

2.) Let it load.

3.) On the bottom bar, hit manage.

4.) Open "Sources"

5.) Add the sources listed above EXACTLY the way I have them listed, and you'll have every source for cydia.

Sources
_______

repo.packagerrepo.com

Welcome to Cydia.hackulo.us!

Index of /cydia

Apple-News.fr

Weiphone??

gafoogle.com

http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/

Index of /apt

ispaziorepo.com

Index of /cydia/apt

apt.ripdev.com

cy.sosiphone.com

cydia.touch-mania.com

Here are some useful things you should get, with details on what exactly they do for your iPod. *PS: I use them all*

APPS
_________

Installous - Lets you browse for apps that originally cost cash on iTunes..but get them for free (Yes will, that means iGun Pro hahaha just search,"ultimate" in Installous)

LogoMe - Changes Boot Logo for your iTouch
NOTE: Not usable for 3.1.2 YET but the DevTeam for it is working on it as we speak, there may be alternative ways, so google it up and post a link below, it would be useful for myself as well.

BossPrefs - An awesome menu of things with just a swipe on the top bar (the bar where your battery life is located/WiFi bars/Carrier Name

MakeItMine - Lets you change the carrier name from iPod, to anything you'd like, and change the banner from the time to whatever you want (on top bar)

Winterboard - This is where the themes you download from Cydia go. It keeps every theme and customization for other parts of the iPod in a nice neat list so you can swap them any time you'd like.
VERY IMPORTANT

Lockdown - Lets you put a password lock on any application you have or settings you have on your iPod (PS: If you have pics in "Photos" that could get you into trouble...Lockdown is your friend, you perv -__-)

Five Icon Dock - lets you have 5 Apps on your dock (Where your Music/Video/Photo/Itunes apps are usually located by default) instead of the original 4.

FCSB - Lets you have 5 columns of apps on your pages instead of 4.
- Look up "Five" on Cydia, there is also one that lets you put 5 apps per column.. basically you'd have 5 columns and 5 apps in each column, plus your 5 icon dock.

TyTube/ YourTube/ or MxTube - They let you download OR just watch (stream) any youtube video on YouTube.com. Pretty nifty tool.

iPhone users might want to check this out if they have a few issues! Blackra1n Youtube Push Fix - Redmond Pie

Thanks Forgoten Dynasty for finding flaws.

Mute-

Mute-

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Well done I already have jailbroken but this should help the beginners :thumbup:

JaxJags

JaxJags

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Your iPod doesn't need to be restored before you jailbreak it.

Mute-

Mute-

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
JaxJags said:
Your iPod doesn't need to be restored before you jailbreak it.

It does not have to be but its recommended to help your ipod from being broken in the jailbraking process.:thumbup:

T

theone0522

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
agreed restore it first. 10% chance of it being a beter jailbreak

D

+ Drake +

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive heard that internet Explorer 8 messes this up??? Any confirmation because i have Explorer 8? Thanks

C

Coleeemaaan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A question my iPhone is on contract, Is there anyway my provider (O2) could find out, Also if I do jailbreak it, Is there anyway I could un-jailbreak it? another is that could I still ring and text from it? would appreciate it if anyone could answer those questions.

I

Insatiable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont think your provider will find out, as hundreds of iphones are jailbroken. You cant un jailbreak it.

I

iStayfit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MaddenGunnar94 said:
Ive heard that internet Explorer 8 messes this up??? Any confirmation because i have Explorer 8? Thanks
Nahhh bruhh, it does not.

D

+ Drake +

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
iStayfit said:
Nahhh bruhh, it does not.
Alright Thanks man.
EDIT: Wow i just jailbroke it. Easy as hell man. Thank you thank you soo much.

qaadka

qaadka

Se7en Elite
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, everytime i use blackra1n it goes to a screen which shows a usb cable and the itunes logo. Then after that it goes to a funny colored screen which it freezes on. Anyone know whats happening and how to fix it?

N

NewMod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i H4CK Io said:
Okay, everytime i use blackra1n it goes to a screen which shows a usb cable and the itunes logo. Then after that it goes to a funny colored screen which it freezes on. Anyone know whats happening and how to fix it?

When it shows connect to itunes, unplug your ipod from the computer, then reconnect it.

I

Insatiable

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If that doesn't work,
That is the recovery screen. You should real the bold print at the top of the tutorial. you NEED..ABSOLUTELY NEED to restore your iPod to the latest patch before you attempt to jailbreak...

Just restore in iTunes, and redo.

It should work fine after that. read the tutorial entirely. Never skim.

D

+ Drake +

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Insatiable said:
If that doesn't work,
That is the recovery screen. You should real the bold print at the top of the tutorial. you NEED..ABSOLUTELY NEED to restore your iPod to the latest patch before you attempt to jailbreak...

Just restore in iTunes, and redo.

It should work fine after that. read the tutorial entirely. Never skim.
This.^

mrgeo20

mrgeo20

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
after I jailbreak it, can I put all the music I already have on my iTouch or do I have to use a cydia tool to redownload all my songs or something?
thanks for the help!:thumbup:
edit: nobody? =[

D

+ Drake +

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
mrgeo20 said:
after I jailbreak it, can I put all the music I already have on my iTouch or do I have to use a cydia tool to redownload all my songs or something?
thanks for the help!:thumbup:
edit: nobody? =[
No it should just download it after. If it doesnt download your music just do it manually. You dont need any program from Cydia.

Z

ZACHxKENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My itouch 3.1.2 wont break its 3rd gen and when i try to brreak it goes all the way through but makes no icon.. Advice?

D

+ Drake +

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ZACHxKENT said:
My itouch 3.1.2 wont break its 3rd gen and when i try to brreak it goes all the way through but makes no icon.. Advice?
Sorry i cant help you, but i just did my friends ipod touch and it worked like a charm. Both of ours are 1st Gen though because we both got them the week of release. Im not sure if this only work with 1st Gens or not? can anyone clarify? Thanks

Top Bottom
Login
Register