Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beny4life

Reaction score
Sin$
hi everyone this is a guide on how to jailbreak your ipod touch with Redsn0w

Step 1: download Redsn0w from this link http://www.quickpwn.com/redsn0w

Step 2: connect your Ipod touch or iphone then put it in DFU mode if you dont know how to do that open up redsn0w and follow the step by step guide

Step 3: let redsn0w do its thing it will load everything on your ipod touch for you it will come up with multiple different screens

*NOTE* DO NOT have itunes open while doing this

*NOTE* if you want the jailbreak to go faster wipe everything off your ipod

Step 4: once the jailbreak is complete open up cydia on main page and look for Winterboard and download that, this will let you change your backrounds and wallpapers all that fancy crap you want

*NOTE* when you open up itunes again to load everything back on, you may be prompted with is this a new ipod or something like that make sure you click yes other wise it will remove the jailbreak and you will have to start over

it is also very important to have 2.2.1 otherwise you will have to restore your ipod touch or iphone.

comment and make sure you hit that button that says thanks if this guide helped you comment any questions or email at [email protected]

R

reaper603

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
3.1.3 is the latest and it comes with many nice new features... i would suggest making a tutorial for that. it is faster and easier, blackra1n is the fastest jailbreak software out. it is simple easy and just amazing, plus it will allow you to put cydia or rock on your ipod. rock is like cydia but faster and has a backup feature so if you have to rejailbreak you will be able to have all of your stuff back, it may not have everything that cydia has as far as things to downlaod but it has just about everything. i would strongly suggest jailbreaking with 3.1.3 firmware.

B

beny4life

Reaction score
Sin$
blackra1n doesnt always for for people and sometimes just doesnt do its job for example sometimes when u click make it ra1n it will come up with a pop up box saying you have successfully jailbroken your ipod touch when it hasnt done anything.

also if you to jailbreak firmware 3.1.2 i think it is, it is alot more glicher stuffs up alot more and even in some cases continuously crash your ipod

R

reaper603

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
oh. well thats odd. i hev never heard of those problems... but 2.2.1 is very far behind and is missing alot of new features... i think a tutorial for 3.0 would be best only because many apps dont run on 2.X anymore.

K

khg0101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Will this erase music and apps on the touch

R

reaper603

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yes it will erase everything to the way you had it when you first bought it.

K

Killi0naire93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
beny4life said:
blackra1n doesnt always for for people and sometimes just doesnt do its job for example sometimes when u click make it ra1n it will come up with a pop up box saying you have successfully jailbroken your ipod touch when it hasnt done anything.

also if you to jailbreak firmware 3.1.2 i think it is, it is alot more glicher stuffs up alot more and even in some cases continuously crash your ipod

Ya exactly i dont recommend using blackra1n for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 if u got a ipod touch 2g just downgrade to 3.0

And use redsn0w to jailbreak 3.0. Im not upgrading until a major software update happens

B

beny4life

Reaction score
Sin$
even though 2.1.1 if far behinde 3.1.2 redsn0w will jail break your ipod 100% every time unlike black ra1n

the only problem with redsn0w you have to put your ipod touch into DFU mode manually and many people have stuffed that up and then you will have to restore it and try again

if you are going to try this restore your ipod or wipe everything off your ipod otherwise the jailbreak will take forever because i will relode everything back on from scratch and you will be sitting there for like 2hrs waiting

a good thing to do is backup your ipod touch before trying this because if you stuff up you just restore back to your old ipod touch

and even though most apps from the app store dont run on 2.X any more when you download them from cydia there is no specific version needed and all the apps from the app store are from with rock , installer, cydia and many other programs you can download with cydia after you jailbreak

some of the features like blue tooth in 3.1.2 you can download from cydia with version 2.2.1

i will make a 3.1.2 2g tut soon just when i get the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register