• Thread starter Reaper
  • Start date
  • Views 37,237
Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so you are one of the lucky few who already have or bought a PS3 that is on 3.55 OFW, and now you want to Jailbreak it, well below are all the steps to do that.

1. You will need to have USB stick that is formatted to FAT32 (This will not work unless your USB is formatted on FAT32!!!)
  2. Next you will need to download the custom firmware of your choice, for this tut we will use Rebug 4.65.2 REX (which will be available at the bottom of this thread)
  3. Now make a folder on the root of the USB and name it PS3, then inside of that folder make another folder and name it UPDATE, next you will need to drag and drop the firmware of your choice into that folder, you will need to rename the file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
  4. Now safely eject your USB stick from your PC/Laptop and plug it into your PS3, next go into your settings then click on System Update, next you will be given two options Update via Internet or Update via Storage Media, click on the Update via Storage Media, it will then scan for the new firmware, once it finds it will bring you to the Rebug User Agreement Screen, click yes on all of the agreements, once you finish the agreements it will begin the update. The update should take about 5-10min and once it is done your console will restart, you will see the Rebug logo come onto the screen instead of the PlayStation logo, congratulations your console is now officially Jailbroken.
Now here is a list of some of the basic programs you will need to successfully run your console.
  • Sen Enabler 5.9.0 (used to trick your console into thinking it is on 4.76 OFW so you can play online)
  • multiMan 4.75 BASE CEX/DEX (used to run back ups of games as well as copy games)
  • CCAPI v2.60 (Rev5) (used to connect your PC/Laptop to your PS3 so you can Real Time Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolf

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Sinner 7th Anniversary Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
You should change the black text so its easier to read on the dark theme.

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
A

Aidan0709

Reaction score
Sin$
If you have a BLES version of GTA then yes you can use the FMT tool; If you do not have a BLES version then please check out the thread "How to change your GTA or any other games region code" :smile:
I don't know how I can thank you enough, You have helped me out a lot!

P

Pro_Donn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so you are one of the lucky few who already have or bought a PS3 that is on 3.55 OFW, and now you want to Jailbreak it, well below are all the steps to do that.

1. You will need to have USB stick that is formatted to FAT32 (This will not work unless your USB is formatted on FAT32!!!)
  2. Next you will need to download the custom firmware of your choice, for this tut we will use Rogero 4.50 (which will be available at the bottom of this thread)
  3. Now make a folder on the root of the USB and name it PS3, then inside of that folder make another folder and name it UPDATE, next you will need to drag and drop the firmware of your choice into that folder, you will need to rename the file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
  4. Now safely eject your USB stick from your PC/Laptop and plug it into your PS3, next go into your settings then click on System Update, next you will be given two options Update via Internet or Update via Storage Media, click on the Update via Storage Media, it will then scan for the new firmware, once it finds it will bring you to the Rogero User Agreement Screen, click yes on all of the agreements, once you finish the agreements it will begin the update. The update should take about 5-10min and once it is done your console will restart, you will see the Rogero CFW 4.50 logo come onto the screen instead of the PlayStation logo, congratulations your console is now officially Jailbroken.
Now here is a list of some of the basic programs you will need to successfully run your console.
  • ZOFMOD spoofer (used to trick your console into thinking it is on 4.55 OFW so you can play online)
  • multiMan 4.50 BASE CEX (used to run back ups of games as well as copy games)
  • CCAPI v2.00 (used to connect your PC/Laptop to your PS3 so you can Real Time Mod)

Wait a minute, so you only have to install firmware/software. What about changed to the hardware??

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait a minute, so you only have to install firmware/software. What about changed to the hardware??

If the console is already on 3.55 then yes all you have to do is install the CFW via USB stick and BOOM! You are now Jailbroken :smile:

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, I always thought a jailbreak was a bit like a mod chip. So I take it that when your ps3 is being "jailbroken" there are no modifications to hardware?

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, I always thought a jailbreak was a bit like a mod chip. So I take it that when your ps3 is being "jailbroken" there are no modifications to hardware?

No there is no "mod chip" the only way to Jailbreak is to install a custom firmware. The only hardware modification that you would need is if your console is above 3.55 then you need an E3 Flasher to downgrade the console to 3.55.

X__Cyclone__xx18

X__Cyclone__xx18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
  1. You will need to have USB stick that is formatted to FAT32 (This will not work unless your USB is formatted on FAT32!!!
Okay. How would I know if it is a FAT32?

Top Bottom
Login
Register