Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
So I see that a lot of people are having trouble installing disc 1 via Injecting. So, I thought I'd make a quick thread on how to do so. It's rather simple. If I forget anything, please let me know, if there are any issues with the instructions I post below, please let me know. Hope it works out.

Quick notices/information
  • This tutorial was tested on a LT+ 3.0 console with the 16537 Dashboard.
  • After installing Disc 1, if your Disc 2 is producing errors, please see the ABGX area at the bottom.
  • For those who may be confused, this tutorial just tells you how to get Disc 1 set up without needing to burn a copy/use the actual Disc 1 to install the data.
  • I do not know why some people are experiencing issues with the QUACK release when installing Disc 1. The QUACK release was used in this tutorial, and everything worked fine.
Requirements
  • 16GB USB configured for Xbox 360 Usage.
    • Or if you have a Transfer cable, you can connect your Hard Drive directly.
  • Horizon (Download)
  • exiso (Download | Virus Scan)
Acquiring the 'Content' folder
Now that you know what you need, let's get down to getting the Content folder out of the ISO. There aren't really any screenshots for this part of the tutorial, as it's just a drag-drop operation at this stage. Probably the easiest part.
1. Download 'exiso' from the Requirements section.
2. Place 'exiso.exe' anywhere that you'd like.
3. Note: Double-clicking on 'exiso.exe' will not do anything, it's mean to be used via command prompt operations or drag-drop operations.
4. Navigate to where ever you have your Disc 1 ISO file. Now, select the Disc 1 ISO file, and drag-drop it into 'exiso.exe'
hdtBMQn.png
5. Now, exiso will open and show some fancy command prompt stuff. Don't worry, it's just doing what it does, and copying the files out of the ISO into the same directory that your Disc 1 ISO is in. When it's completed, you'll have a folder with the same name that the ISO file has. Inside the folder, will be the Content folder that we need for the next step.​
Moving the files to the Configured USB
This step is probably going to confuse some of you, so I'll try my very best to explain it as clearly as I can. In the title it says 'Configured USB', this is rreferringto a USB Flash Drive that was plugged into the 360 console, and set up to be used a Memory Unit. It is required for this, that the USB is larger than or has MORE than 8GB's of free space. (So using a 16GB USB Drive would be the way to go).

Inside of your Content folder, you'll see the following files:
PeUfMpc.png

Everything we need will be inside of the Content folder. Go ahead and open the Content folder, and also, open Horizon. Once Horizon is open, connect your Configured USB device.

Inside of the Content folder, you will see a folder named "0000000000000000", which is the folder for things downloaded/installed to your Hard Drive. Onward, inside the folder open the "545408A7" and then the "00000002" folder. Now you're going to see the following files:
JMa9xJa.png

Holy cow batman, what's all of this!? Simply put, these are the files that are holding all the pretty GTA files, maps, images, controls, etc. But, as you're here for install help, let's continue.

"Injecting" the files via Horizon
With your USB connected and horizon open, drag-drop the files ONE AT A TIME, into horizon. A window like this will appear:
97al.png

You're going to want to click the "Save to Device" button, then select your Device from the list. Do this for ALL FOUR files that were inside of "00000002". Now, I don't have any screenshots or videos for the following part (my HDPVR2 isn't hooked up atm, I'll try to take some ****** phone pictures later), but, let's continue. First, connect the USB back into the console. If you're going to play the game via the USB, this would be the end of the tutorial for you. If you're going to copy the files into your consoles Hard Drive, please continue. If you used a Transfer Cable to copy the files directly into your Hard Drive, then you're done.

Copying to the Hard Drive from the USB
Now, this is probably easy for most of you by now, copying from a USB to the Hard drive.
  1. Connect the USB.
  2. Navigate to System Settings > Storage > Memory Unit / USB
  3. Navigate to Games, and you should see the GTA 5 section.
  4. Press Y, click "MOVE", then select your HDD.
  5. When it's done copying, viola, you're done.
Now, when you boot up Disc 2 for GTA 5, it should be working fine. Enjoy! If there are any questions, feel free to ask below.

Final results for Disc 1 (Horrible pictures, I know)
W2xu2nX.jpg
YYickxq.jpg
Checking your Disc 2 with ABGX [My ABGX log - if it's the same, you're good to go!]
This part of the tutorial is for those who are having issues with their Disc 2. Most likely because it's a bad burn of the game. It seems people are getting stupid and careless with GTA 5. After completing your burn, please, do the following:

1. Insert Disc 2 into your computer.
2. Open ABGX GUI v1.0.6 (www.abgx360.net)
3. Change the "Input" to "Burned DVD".
2xzuem0.png
4. Click "Launch" at the bottom.​
ABGX will now perform checks on your DVD to ensure that it's readable, and all the data on it is valid and verified. If you truncated your disc, I do believe this will give you errors regardless if the burn is good or not. What we are aiming for by doing this check after burning, is to ensure that your disc passes the Game CRC check. If your disc fails to pass the CRC check, then your console will be unable to read the disc at certain parts, and may not even recognize it to being with. Below are some errors that may appear:
  • Not a valid Xbox 360 Disc?
    • You're disc is completely unreadable. Your console will most likely not show "Play GTA 5" on the dashboard with this disc in the tray. If it does, it will most likely crash majority of the time.
  • Notice about the "layer break" was in yellow?
    • This can occur for two reason:
      • Reason One: Your disc is truncated/over burnt. If that's the case, I can't really help you. I don't have any experience will truncated discs.
      • Reason Two: If you DIDN'T truncate/overburn your disc, then you set the incorrect layer break inside of your imgburn settings. The layerbreak for this game should be 2133520 (2,133,520 - The layer break for XGD3 discs). If your layer break was NOT this, then your disc needs to be reburned with the correct LB.
  • ABGX fails to read my disc between 46-49% on the CRC check?
    • This is probably the most common issue. This occurs because your burner isn't burning the second layer of the disc correctly once it makes the layer break. It will pass imgburn fine, and finish burning, but your console and ABGX will be unable to read anything from the second layer of the disc. Sadly, there is nothing you can do to fix this on the current disc. You will need to reburn the game with a BurnerMAX compatible drive. I HIGHLY recommend buying an iHas burner.
My Imgburn settings
I use these settings for ALL my XGD3 burns. They haven't failed me yet, they also burned GTA 5 perfectly. I was using a iHas 524B DVD Burner Crossflashed with BurnerMAX Firmware. These settings are not for truncating the disc (i think the layer break needs to be different). These settings were also used with MKM-001 Verbatims (2.4x Write speed) discs.

Along with the below settings, my iHas burner (Lite-On for those who don't know), is set to Overspeed (I burn at 4x on the MKM-001, the produce better results), and Force hypertuning. Only enable OPC if you're using MKM-003 (8x discs) and burning at 4x. Below are the settings:

You can switch Layerbreak to "Calculate Optimal" if you're 100% sure your .DVD file has the correct layerbreak.
j96pZfP.png
HsbmxAC.png
Setting up Disc 2 for a Jtag/RGH
You can use the few following steps below in order to play GTA 5 Disc 2 off your consoles hard drive on a Jtag/RGH. They should work without fail, I'm unable to test them, as I do not have a Jtag/RGH.
  1. Download ISO2GOD.
  2. Open ISO2GOD and select your GTA 5 Disc 2 ISO.
  3. Convert the game to the GoD Container.
  4. Use Horizon to Inject the newly created GoD version of Disc 2.
  5. Copy it to your hard drive via System Settings > Storage.
  6. Launch Disc 2 via 'My Games'.
All done!
That's everything needed to ensure that GTA 5 will work for you. Again, this was only tested on Flashed consoles. Disc 1 is DRM free content, and can be installed to any console using the above method. Disc 2 can be burned for flashed consoles, but other measures must be taken for Jtag/RGH consoles. If necessary, I will add my imgburn settings for those who are having trouble burning the game correctly.

Last edited:
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
My disc 2 in XBC says its not a valid disc type, any ideas why?
Could be a bad burn. Run ABGX on the disc, and make sure it can read it to 100% for the game CRC check.

Upvote 0
R

rofle

Reaction score
Sin$
Could be a bad burn. Run ABGX on the disc, and make sure it can read it to 100% for the game CRC check.

It#s from the quack rip so I don't think I could be getting errors like bad rip. Also in 7zip I can see a file called default.XEX

Upvote 0
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It#s from the quack rip so I don't think I could be getting errors like bad rip. Also in 7zip I can see a file called default.XEX
Are you playing on a Flashed console or a jtag/rgh?

Upvote 0
Kite

Kite

How do you high?
Reaction score
Sin$
Do I have to put the files on my hdd for the rgh or can I just keep them on the usb after I inject them. I don't keep my hdd in when on my rgh nand and use a usb. That is why I am asking

Upvote 0
R

rofle

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried abgx and it says its not a valid xbox 360 file wtf does that mean if I downloaded right from quakc rip

I will be playing from jtag/rgh but I can't even gt the files on there yet obviousl cause I cant extract them. Disc 1 worked ok but disc 2 wont ope n

Upvote 0
parza

parza

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im on a jtag and opened up disk one and launched the xex for the intall and all im getting is the picture of the girl going back and forth .. any ideas?

Upvote 0
Stivan

Stivan

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks original poster. I will try this as soon as I get home.. and will confirm if it works. :biggrin:

Upvote 0
FGE
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
What is did

Get the content folder put it in the 00000000000 folder in the root of my hdd on xex menu launched the game and i it worked

Upvote 0
C

Curt96x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So if I download the leaked version and follow this tutorial can I play it on my flashed xbox? (As I dont have the discs)

Upvote 0
Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
This is ONLY to get the disc 1 content installed to your hard drive. This doesn't enable you to play the game without using a disc. You still need to have disc 2 in order to play this game.

Upvote 0
Kouki Slides

Kouki Slides

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So we are supposed to install disk 1? I just replaced the content folder. Ill try your tut and if it works your golden! Thanks Man!

Upvote 0
For

For

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a flashed console but my installer from disc 1 (from quack's RIP) keeps freezing at 2024-2032 MB. Will this method work if I DON'T have a JTag? Is there any way to get this working?

Upvote 0
Kouki Slides

Kouki Slides

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Couldnt tell you man, trying to get it working myself

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register