What's new

Solved How to install XBOX 360 game to hard drive using USB?

• Thread starter darker246
  • Start date
  • Views 19,719
darker246

darker246

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,
I was wondering if this is possible. I've seen many tutorials of how to convert the ISO to GOD and then using Horizon to put it on USB. But i don't need it in GOD format. I have few games burned and either my discs are scratched now or burns are a bit bad so i can't install a game to Xbox hard drive so i was wondering if it is possible to somehow make it installed through PC to USB and then play it with disc of course. I did that with GTA 5 disc 1 already and it worked but i forgot how. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
Sounds like you are on a retail. When you rip a disc on a retail you essentially get a game on demand version of it minus the start up files.

If you have a disc rip you can put it onto any fat 32 formatted flash drive then move onto hdd. If its a retail you may need to add on flash drive with horizon so its in right folder. If you didn't rip the game them you'll have to change console id in order for it to work on your console.

There are a few tools can use to change ids on games and dlc on a retail but do so at your own risk it may cause flags. I believe the program i use for this is called velocity.

Easiest way is to just borrow the game and rip to console if on a retail but its doable the other way. Can even unlock arcade games but again at your own risk if get banned don't cry to me.

Best of luck to ya.

darker246

darker246

Reaction score
Sin$
Sounds like you are on a retail. When you rip a disc on a retail you essentially get a game on demand version of it minus the start up files.

If you have a disc rip you can put it onto any fat 32 formatted flash drive then move onto hdd. If its a retail you may need to add on flash drive with horizon so its in right folder. If you didn't rip the game them you'll have to change console id in order for it to work on your console.

There are a few tools can use to change ids on games and dlc on a retail but do so at your own risk it may cause flags. I believe the program i use for this is called velocity.

Easiest way is to just borrow the game and rip to console if on a retail but its doable the other way. Can even unlock arcade games but again at your own risk if get banned don't cry to me.

Best of luck to ya.

Best of luck to ya.

Can you explain the part you are talking about rips and usbs and stuff? Thanks :smile:

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
You wont get games for free on a retail if that's what you're after.
Surely you can get the game files easily in whatever format, but you'll also need the license.

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
You wont get games for free on a retail if that's what you're after.
Surely you can get the game files easily in whatever format, but you'll also need the license.
You can unlock games on a retail like you can for an rgh just isn't an app for the console you have to use programs to manually change values. Tutorials throughout the internet can be found but like anything fun you risk getting banned as it will flag to console.

If just for offline though doesn't hurt anything typically.

darker246

darker246

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't understand anything from you guys... i just wanted to install it alternatively... i have the game burned on DVD i just want to install it on the hard drive so i won't get Disc Unreadable message but i can't install it by typicall method since DVD is scratched or damaged so i wanted to install it's ISO i used to burn somehow to USB and then transfer it to Hard drive... did i explain it quite a bit?
I know i did that few months ago wih GTA V disc 1 i installed it to USB from ISO using Horizon but i forgot the method...

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Go borrow a good copy of the game and install that. Then use your scratched copy in the drive for verification. Or gwt your drive Flashed and burn some good copies from and iso. Or get it rgh l'd and play from usb .

darker246

darker246

Reaction score
Sin$
Go borrow a good copy of the game and install that. Then use your scratched copy in the drive for verification. Or gwt your drive Flashed and burn some good copies from and iso. Or get it rgh l'd and play from usb .

Dude, thanks, but those are all options i know too... :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register