What's new

Tutorial How to Install Ps3Xploit

B

BrianPlayzGames

Reaction score
Sin$
Keep trying

Don't write to the wrong chip unless you want a bricked system
I have already done it but it didnt brick my console the tag is CECHK also should i keep trying to write to the NOR chip?

B

BrianPlayzGames

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks bro it worked! However it says "Data is corrupted" when i go to download REBUG

S

SpartanLAW

Reaction score
Sin$
You completely left out the part where the PS3UPDAT.PUP file has to be in a folder named ps3 on the usb or the ps3 refuses to run the update. I checked hashes and tried again downloaded transferd again and again and pretty much ran around in circles for awhile and then finally googling led me to sony's own website witch told me it must be in a ps3 folder. Now lets try this again... Ok so ignore all that i guess. It still doesnt work. The only thing i can come up with is that the exploit didn't work. even though it says it did and it shut down as it was intended to. though it did seem extremely abrupt. i got the message saying that the exploit worked and it was like someone just pulled the plug and it was off in a second. i guess back to square one.

Last edited:
A

astroid07

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there im having a problem on my slip ps3 where when i click "write to nor..." it says success then just freezes (most of the time) or just doesnt freeze but doesnt shut down either, ive tried multiple times what can i do

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey there im having a problem on my slip ps3 where when i click "write to nor..." it says success then just freezes (most of the time) or just doesnt freeze but doesnt shut down either, ive tried multiple times what can i do
Keep trying or wait for the more stable version to be released

A

astroid07

Reaction score
Sin$
Keep trying or wait for the more stable version to be released
any idea at all when that could be? Like usually how long is it as i really wanna jailbreak my ps3 and start using it, ive never had it jailbroken

justeve

justeve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My friend and I had the same issue but solved problems after hosting the exploit on a laptop or PC

A

astroid07

Reaction score
Sin$
My friend and I had the same issue but solved problems after hosting the exploit on a laptop or PC
THIS^ Thank you so much, i was trying to do it on a mac before and it just wasnt working, i even tried VM but that didnt work. Tried a PC and it worked 2nd try

P

plshalp

Reaction score
Sin$
Just to be clear ... if I buy a PS3 right now that already has the latest update on it, I can still do this exploit even if the PS3 is on 4.8.2 and is connected online and everything?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just to be clear ... if I buy a PS3 right now that already has the latest update on it, I can still do this exploit even if the PS3 is on 4.8.2 and is connected online and everything?
As long as its a compatible model yes

P

plshalp

Reaction score
Sin$
As long as its a compatible model yes

Thank you for the quick response. I'll buy a PS3 fat as it seems they are all compatible. The CFW will allow me to play backup pirated PS3 games then? Will it also let me play them online?

D

DewIt4263

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the quick response. I'll buy a PS3 fat as it seems they are all compatible. The CFW will allow me to play backup pirated PS3 games then? Will it also let me play them online?
You'll need a ps3 60gb fat to have the best backward compatability. You'll be able to play ps1, ps2 and ps3 games. I have one. USB Ports are no longer working on it though. I have tried different gamepads and different usb memory sticks. Not one of the ubs ports works. If you do get the ps3 change the thermal paste on it. First thing I would do. Second would be to get a fan mod so it doesn't overheat.

T

The Shaun

Reaction score
Sin$
hey Red, cheers man, appreciate this! With the update can we go straight to rebug 4.81.2 or do we still need ferrox first?

Last edited:
J

Jenny Cortez

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm afraid to try this because I don't want to brick my ps3. My ex left this after we broke up, it's a CECHG01 Fat model that used to have some kind of CFW on it. It's stuck on version 3.72 now and nothing works, like Multiman or QA flagging. I've tried using Rebug to update, and tried a couple of different downgraders to try to get it back to 3.55 but everything just gives me "data corrupted (8002F2C5)" errors every time. I even tried (quick) formatting the hard drive. When I run ChkVer it gives me 1.90 or later so I think that's good... So I guess my question is should I install the NAND writer or do you think it will brick my ps3? Thank you in advance for any help. (-:

F

Freddykjr

Reaction score
Sin$
I get the succeeded but it never reboots it just says i can dump the NOR now and check the patch how do i do that?

moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all just want to know this exploit was started in Nov 2017. But since then where r people getting the official 4.82fw from as surely we can't get it from the playstation site as surely they would of patched it by now.

So where is the best place to get an unpatched 4.82 official firmware so we can do this exploit

Thanks

P

prodigalson96

Reaction score
Sin$
How long does this take people on average? i have a compatible ps3 and i've been going for 2 days now with different usbs.

Top Bottom
Login
Register