What's new

Tutorial How to Install Ps3Xploit

F

fudge123

Reaction score
Sin$
hi guys newbie ya
will this work on phat ps3 as my blu ray drive is broke only plays dvd can i still play backups after
any help be great thanks

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I got to this to work once, but I had my update named (updat not ps3updat) and I restarted thinking it hadn't worked, now every time it just gives me an error
It can take a lot of attempts
hi guys newbie ya
will this work on phat ps3 as my blu ray drive is broke only plays dvd can i still play backups after
any help be great thanks
Yes

M

Marvo V

Reaction score
Sin$
hi guys newbie ya
any help be great thanks

In the old days i always played with an external hard drive. Even some games installed inside of the HDD, the blu ray its optional, its not required to the hacking process.

BiohazardEsp

BiohazardEsp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
FIRST OF ALL : i have to congrats to everyone who is envolved on this project, i finally did it ! lot of thanks guys!

OK , I FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS:

1. Turn on PS3 again, and while it checks its file system.
  2. Download the CFW of your choice. I recommend 4.82 FERROX Standard
  3. Place it in the usb drive (remember to rename the PUP) and update.
  4. Once it installed, download QA_Toggle to the root of your drive | VIRUS SCAN
  5. Use the newly available "Install Package Files" entry from the "games" tab to install the file
  6. Run the new QA flagger app, then wait some seconds until it gets you back to the XMB
  7. Restart console.
  8. Download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION to usb key and update console in the usual way

NOW THAT I HAVE INSTALED REBUG 4.81.2 what i need to play online without ban ? and what should i do when sony launch a official update ? ( besides dont update obviously ) Thanks in advance

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
FIRST OF ALL : i have to congrats to everyone who is envolved on this project, i finally did it ! lot of thanks guys!

OK , I FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS:

1. Turn on PS3 again, and while it checks its file system.
  2. Download the CFW of your choice. I recommend 4.82 FERROX Standard
  3. Place it in the usb drive (remember to rename the PUP) and update.
  4. Once it installed, download QA_Toggle to the root of your drive | VIRUS SCAN
  5. Use the newly available "Install Package Files" entry from the "games" tab to install the file
  6. Run the new QA flagger app, then wait some seconds until it gets you back to the XMB
  7. Restart console.
  8. Download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION to usb key and update console in the usual way

NOW THAT I HAVE INSTALED REBUG 4.81.2 what i need to play online without ban ? and what should i do when sony launch a official update ? ( besides dont update obviously ) Thanks in advance
Check out our pinned threads in this section. Those should help immensely with any questions you may have after your system is modified

F

fudge123

Reaction score
Sin$
thanks guys for ur help
looks like i be giving this ago nothing to lose with a broken drive :smile:

N

NickWiss

Reaction score
Sin$
I keep doing the exploit, but I always get a success message and the console freezes. What do I do?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I keep doing the exploit, but I always get a success message and the console freezes. What do I do?
Like the warning message says. Leave it. If it freezes for more than 10min restart and try again

O

ovadiaaizeah

Reaction score
Sin$
What's the purpose of QA_Toggle? And is Rebug needed if you installed the 4.82 FERROX?

Kimaki

Kimaki

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, if i'm @4.80, do i need to upgrade it to 4.82 first? Should i do it with from the official upgrade from the system menu or should i use the redthetrainer/com site firmware?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, if i'm @4.80, do i need to upgrade it to 4.82 first? Should i do it with from the official upgrade from the system menu or should i use the redthetrainer/com site firmware?
You need to upgrade first. You can use whichever method you want

O

ovadiaaizeah

Reaction score
Sin$

I updated directly from the PS3 to 4.82 and then did the process and worked fine.

PuertoRicanModder

PuertoRicanModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So with this new exploit we'll get to do what you'd normally get to do like with the older ones?

Run backups, Emulators etc etc?

I'm about to give this a go.

PuertoRicanModder

PuertoRicanModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That is correct

Thank you! Last question actually.

Say the USB i use to do all this. After i'm done, can i empty out the drive & use it for backups or does it have to be an actual HDD?

PuertoRicanModder

PuertoRicanModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can use a flash drive

Sorry for the double post! Please merge this one & my last if anything.

The tut says to make sure we have a compatible PS3 & to use that version check.
We have to be at 3.56 or lower & i ran it & it said i can update to 1.90 or higher on my console.

Assuming that's good cause it's lower than 3.56? Just had to triple check.

Last edited:
MrDoop159

MrDoop159

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's worked great! Only problem is that i'm unable to jump to REBUG CFW. Everytime i try it says data corrupted. I did activate the QA flag. Also strangely, when i connect the flashdrive to the PC again, the CFW file dissapears..
Help?

Top Bottom
Login
Register