Tutorial How to Install Ps3Xploit

Discussion in 'PlayStation 3 Modding & Tutorials' started by Red, Nov 24, 2017 with 324 replies and 44,632 views.

1. Marvo V

Marvo V Newbie

Ratings:
    Is there any big difference between CFW 4.82 and 4.81 rebug?, i mean, a lot of people says its the options, but how this affect the compatibility?, in 4.82 can still use the psn, emulators and others?.[DOUBLEPOST=1511635203][/DOUBLEPOST]
    A couple of replies above someone gave the same error and Red recommended use the file from his.

2. DuoForce

DuoForce Newbie

Ratings:
    When I do this it doesn't change the page and is still the same page as I was previously viewing, any help?

3. OP
    Red

Red Newbie Diet Moderators

Ratings:
    You didn't set a bookmark if that happened

4. DuoForce

DuoForce Newbie

Ratings:
    I did, and I closed the browser, went back to the bookmarked page, and nothing had changed.

5. OP
    Red

Ratings:
    Once you go to the bookmarked page. Select the button that pertains to your system

6. Chaotix

Chaotix Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey Red, sorry if this has been brought up anywhere else, but is there a specific version of retroarch? I haven't been able to get any to work. Followed the guide, used the Rebug you recommended, and got Multiman up and running, but can't seem to get any emulators to work.

7. PuertoRicanModder

PuertoRicanModder Getting There

Ratings:
    So i got to the page where i have to hit "Write to #### flash Memory"

Noticed my crappy 3rd party controller was making it fail. Unplugged it & got the Success message.
    Just a heads up for anyone else, who might be attempting this with a 3rd party controller. In the 1st USB slot.

EDIT: Now it's just stuck on success lol. It's been about 20 mins.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  8. DuoForce

DuoForce Newbie

Ratings:
    What button would that be, could I see a picture for reference?

9. Alkascur

Alkascur Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello,first thank you for all your work and kindness. I'm on ofc 4.65 do I first need to update to 4.81 or 4.82?

Thanks

10. Roll16

Roll16 Newbie

Ratings:
    So it seems I bricked my PS3. I followed every step, but after step number 10, when I try to turn it on again something like this happens:

My PS3 is (or was) a slim model, CECH-2501A. Does it have some kind of solution?

11. OP
    Red

Ratings:
    4.82[DOUBLEPOST=1511638589][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Write out everything you did exactly. There has only been one other confirmed brick so far and that was caused by user error

12. DuoForce

DuoForce Newbie

Ratings:
    Did you check your minimum firm?

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    Red

Ratings:
    I would like to know this as well, and if he did what the minimum firm was

14. MystikMunk420

MystikMunk420 Newbie

Ratings:
    I'm dying to try this! I have a slim model CECH-2001A (this model is compatible correct??)

15. OP
    Red

Ratings:
    Check the list...

16. Chaotix

Chaotix Newbie

Ratings:
    Anybody? Which pkgs do I need?

17. Roll16

Roll16 Newbie

Ratings:
    First of all, I used my PSP as the usb flash drive because I had nothing else to do it. Then I downloaded every file and saved them in the root of the key. I did the browser steps, and bookmarked the site. At the first try it said the writing failed, but then after a bit, the "success!" message appeared, but it did nothing at all. After waiting for 10 minutes or so, I turned off the system, and tried again, at my third try the system turned off automatically, and then that happened. Maybe I screwed up at some point, but I want to know if it can be fixed.

18. OP
    Red

Ratings:
    Did you check your minversion? What file did you flash?

19. PuertoRicanModder

PuertoRicanModder Getting There

Ratings:
    Assuming when we get the "Success" Message & it's there longer than it should be (20-30 mins)

We should just reboot & try again?

20. MystikMunk420

MystikMunk420 Newbie

Ratings:
    I did check the list RED but i'm confused. one side of the list shows 2xxx (compatible) and to the left it shows the letter A in red (not compatible) I have nothing to lose if it fails or bricks the console (ps4 is life now lol) but if I can get this working it'll give me reason to use my ps3 again! :smile: I'm just gunna try it and see lol thanks for the TUT and for hosting the files :smile: