What's new

Tutorial How to Install Ps3Xploit

Jamesball_98

Reaction score
This guide assumes you already checked your system for compatibly. If you want a compatibly chart please check http://redthetrainer.com/ps3 Neither I nor Se7enSins takes responsibility for anything that may happen during this process

1. Download NAND/NOR Writer | Virus Scan
  2. Place flsh.hex in the root folder of your usb key.
  3. Place your usb drive in the USB port closest to the BD Drive of your console
  4. Set a blank homepage in your PS3 Web browser
  5. Navigate to my website http://redthetrainer.com/ps3/
  6. Select PS3 4.xx NOR NAND WRITER
  7. Bookmark the page, and close your browser
  8. re-open your browser and select the page you bookmarked
  9. Select the button that says Write to #### Flash Memory
  10. Now, if you are lucky, in a minute or so your console should beep and shut down. Congrats!
    1. Otherwise, if even after 15 minutes it's still there (or the "wave" background gets stuck), attempt failed.
    2. In this case, just press off button, restart console, wait for filesystem to be checked, then re-try hack.
    3. This may happen even after "Suceeded!" warning. That alone means nothing, don't proceed any further unless PS shuts down.

11. Turn on PS3 again, and while it checks its file system.
  12. Download the CFW of your choice. I recommend 4.82 FERROX Standard
  13. Place it in the usb drive (remember to rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP) and update.
  14. Once it installed, download QA_Toggle to the root of your drive | VIRUS SCAN
  15. Use the newly available "Install Package Files" entry from the "games" tab to install the file
  16. Run the new QA flagger app, then wait some seconds until it gets you back to the XMB
  17. Restart console.
  18. Download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION to usb key and update console in the usual way
Frequently Asked Questions & Additional Notes

Why am I getting a corrupted file error?

• Redo the exploit and try again

Will this jailbreak my SuperSlim?
  • NO, (PS3Xploit has strong possibility to eventually evolve into a HEN style exploit (that aspect will take some additional development and time, at this time PS3Xploit exploit has not evolved enough)
Is a Quick Compatible Console Chart Available ?
Can I install a CFW before 4.82, such as Rebug 4.81 or an earlier CFW?
  • Yes, however you must Toggle QA Flag. Once the Token is activated you have the ability to then freely jump CFW versions. (see below for details)
How do I Toggle QA Flag?
  • When on a CFW download & install >>> QA TOGGLER (Standalone), (Note: Will just show a black screen then reboot the PS3 and returns to xmb. A Restart is RequiredA fterwards though or cfw syscalls will be disabled (meaning your CFW patches will be disabled until the next boot, so a reboot is required after the Toggler exits back to the XMB.)
Should i use the "999 Downgrader" vs "Toggle QA" to install a different CFW?
  • No, installing the "999 downgrader" PUP on a 3.56 minver console, it will brick the console, simply just Toggle the Q/A Flag and play itsafe and is so simple to move from CFW versions (up and down from version to version).
How do i know for sure if my PS3 Model is compatible ?
  • You must have a PS3 Console that has a Factory Firmware of 3.56 and below.
  • To check, its easy with this simple tool for OFW, Download minverchk.rar
  • Then place the .pup file on a FAT32 USB Flash Drive in a PS3/UPDATE folder (create path if needed)
  • Now on the PS3 XMB goto Setting ->> System Update >>> Update via Media Storage
  • Once shown on the list select the PUP and install, shortly after there will be a message showing the factory firmware the console was shipped,
  • For this we want 3.56 and below.
  • ANYTHING HIGHER THEN 3.56 IS NOT ABLE INSTALL A CFW. Sorry this will not work for your console, but there could be a HEN (Homebrew Enabler) possible for running homebrew, but additional research and time is needed for achievement, additional details can be read here.
What is the basic purpose of the Writer & Dumper Tools Release?
  • The dumper is to get a backup of the nor chip
  • The writer is to jailbreak your console. (Adding a patch to OFW to allow CFW installation)
How to go from Ferrox 4.82 to Rebug 4.81?
  • .Question Raised Here
can anyone help me with this? I am unsure if my console will work with this. I am on firmware version 4.81 with CECH-3002A. Thanks!

justeve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't need to downgrade to use this
I meant people wanting to use Rebug which is a lower firmware, after installing Ferrox
Jamesball I doubt it work on your version use MinVerChk to check your minimum firmware

Last edited:

Jamesball_98

Reaction score
I doubt it work on your version use MinVerChk to check your minimum firmware
I get message 'update data of version 3.72' if this means i cant jailbreak can i use an e3 flasher? or would i have to buy another console that is supported

Red

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I meant people wanting to use Rebug which is a lower firmware, after installing Ferrox
Jamesball I doubt it work on your version use MinVerChk to check your minimum firmware
Rebug isnt a lower firmware. I have a compatible version on my website...

Excellent tutorial! I have a CECHG-04 FAT model and i managed to install Ferrox 4.82 . I had to open the console and aply new thermal paste because it YLODed on me. Now i try to enable QA toggle but it just stays on a black screen and hangs there after i try to install QA toggle package. The Bluray drive is not working but i have it connected on my ps3.

All i want to do for now is install a fan controlling app so that i can lower my temperatures a bit. Is there anything for Ferrox 4.82?
Also, is there a way to go to Rebug?
Thanks.
Webman can control fan speeds. 
can anyone help me with this? I am unsure if my console will work with this. I am on firmware version 4.81 with CECH-3002A. Thanks!
You cant use this on 3xxxx consoles...

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
But can I install webman on Ferrox 4.82 without QA Flags? Sorry but i am just a total noob.
Toggle QA is only to downgrade / lower your custom firmware. It doesn’t do anything else.

gazp

Reaction score
Toggle QA is only to downgrade / lower your custom firmware. It doesn’t do anything else.
I tried to install webman and multiman and each time i have the same issue as the one i have with qa flags: I can only see a black screen (i dont hear any beeping from the console) and it just hangs and stays there. All i can do is power off the system and thats all. Probably i am having all of this due to the faulty BD drive but now i cant go to Rebug or install a fan controlling program and my PS3 is scorhing hot after a couple minutes!

Is there anything i can do? Like a No BD CFW or is there a workaround to at least have access to fan speed and rpm?

justeve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get message 'update data of version 3.72' if this means i cant jailbreak can i use an e3 flasher? or would i have to buy another console that is supported
Nope you'll need to use a Ps3 thats been on 3.55 in it's life
QA flag resets your syscon so your able to downgrade to a decent firmware.
You must use a button combo when you run the QA which is missing from this other wise great tut

jbrowser

Reaction score
Uhm, OK - and I'm not even joking here - WTF do we do next?

I've followed the instructions and everything went as well as can be expected, but my PS3 is still just a fat piece of **** taking up space under the TV. Where are the emulators? How do we run backups of our games off an external drive?

Don't get me wrong - it's totally sweet to see "REBUG" instead of "PS3" on the intro screen but as amazing as that is it doesn't really do much, practically speaking...

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Uhm, OK - and I'm not even joking here - WTF do we do next?

I've followed the instructions and everything went as well as can be expected, but my PS3 is still just a fat piece of **** taking up space under the TV. Where are the emulators? How do we run backups of our games off an external drive?

Don't get me wrong - it's totally sweet to see "REBUG" instead of "PS3" on the intro screen but as amazing as that is it doesn't really do much, practically speaking...
Well, when you install CFW it doesn’t come with everything installed like emulators and mod menus, you have to install them. Look up YouTube tutorials on how to do so.

Tacos2Day

Reaction score
I figured I would share with you all a tale of one man's ineptitude. I shall not reveal this man's identity, but I'll give you a hint. It was me. *ehem*. Now back to story time. After turning on my PS3 for the first time and months, and playing Tales of Xillia for a couple hours, I decided to check and see if there had been any progress in the PS3 modding scene. I was delighted to see that there was some significant progress made, and decided to attempt this myself on my PS3. I jumped right in and attempted to follow this tutorial, after checking the compatibility guide and seeing all phat PS3s were supported I knew I was good to go. Too lazy to check for my model number I guessed P, since I was pretty sure that's what it was the last time I looked into it. I followed the tut, and it worked- or so I thought. After hearing the beeping noise I abandoned my hunt for chimichangas in the freezer to make sure that it worked. But low, my PS3 would not turn on. Upon closer evaluation, I realized my phat PS3 was looking awfully slim. Too slim. It was then that I remembered selling my phat PS3 3-4 years ago and buying a slim PS3 2-3 years ago.

TLDR; My dumb *** thought I had a phatty but it was actually a slim and now I bricked my sh*t. Trying to format the HDD, but my hopes are not too high.

*Side note* In case if you couldn't tell I am very aware that this was a result of my own stupidity and place 0 blame on anyone but myself. I just figured somebody somewhere might find this half as amusing as I did.

MoLoToF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guide assumes you already checked your system for compatibly. If you want a compatibly chart please check http://redthetrainer.com/ps3 Neither I nor Se7enSins takes responsibility for anything that may happen during this process

1. Download NAND/NOR Writer | Virus Scan
  2. Place flsh.hex in the root folder of your usb key.
  3. Place your usb drive in the USB port closest to the BD Drive of your console
  4. Set a blank homepage in your PS3 Web browser
  5. Navigate to my website http://redthetrainer.com/ps3/
  6. Select PS3 4.xx NOR NAND WRITER
  7. Bookmark the page, and close your browser
  8. re-open your browser and select the page you bookmarked
  9. Select the button that says Write to #### Flash Memory
  10. Now, if you are lucky, in a minute or so your console should beep and shut down. Congrats!
    1. Otherwise, if even after 15 minutes it's still there (or the "wave" background gets stuck), attempt failed.
    2. In this case, just press off button, restart console, wait for filesystem to be checked, then re-try hack.
    3. This may happen even after "Suceeded!" warning. That alone means nothing, don't proceed any further unless PS shuts down.

11. Turn on PS3 again, and while it checks its file system.
  12. Download the CFW of your choice. I recommend 4.82 FERROX Standard
  13. Place it in the usb drive (remember to rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP) and update.
  14. Once it installed, download QA_Toggle to the root of your drive | VIRUS SCAN
  15. Use the newly available "Install Package Files" entry from the "games" tab to install the file
  16. Run the new QA flagger app, then wait some seconds until it gets you back to the XMB
  17. Restart console.
  18. Download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION to usb key and update console in the usual way
Frequently Asked Questions & Additional Notes

Why am I getting a corrupted file error?

• Redo the exploit and try again

Will this jailbreak my SuperSlim?
  • NO, (PS3Xploit has strong possibility to eventually evolve into a HEN style exploit (that aspect will take some additional development and time, at this time PS3Xploit exploit has not evolved enough)
Is a Quick Compatible Console Chart Available ?
Can I install a CFW before 4.82, such as Rebug 4.81 or an earlier CFW?
  • Yes, however you must Toggle QA Flag. Once the Token is activated you have the ability to then freely jump CFW versions. (see below for details)
How do I Toggle QA Flag?
  • When on a CFW download & install >>> QA TOGGLER (Standalone), (Note: Will just show a black screen then reboot the PS3 and returns to xmb. A Restart is RequiredA fterwards though or cfw syscalls will be disabled (meaning your CFW patches will be disabled until the next boot, so a reboot is required after the Toggler exits back to the XMB.)
Should i use the "999 Downgrader" vs "Toggle QA" to install a different CFW?
  • No, installing the "999 downgrader" PUP on a 3.56 minver console, it will brick the console, simply just Toggle the Q/A Flag and play itsafe and is so simple to move from CFW versions (up and down from version to version).
How do i know for sure if my PS3 Model is compatible ?
  • You must have a PS3 Console that has a Factory Firmware of 3.56 and below.
  • To check, its easy with this simple tool for OFW, Download minverchk.rar
  • Then place the .pup file on a FAT32 USB Flash Drive in a PS3/UPDATE folder (create path if needed)
  • Now on the PS3 XMB goto Setting ->> System Update >>> Update via Media Storage
  • Once shown on the list select the PUP and install, shortly after there will be a message showing the factory firmware the console was shipped,
  • For this we want 3.56 and below.
  • ANYTHING HIGHER THEN 3.56 IS NOT ABLE INSTALL A CFW. Sorry this will not work for your console, but there could be a HEN (Homebrew Enabler) possible for running homebrew, but additional research and time is needed for achievement, additional details can be read here.
What is the basic purpose of the Writer & Dumper Tools Release?
  • The dumper is to get a backup of the nor chip
  • The writer is to jailbreak your console. (Adding a patch to OFW to allow CFW installation)
How to go from Ferrox 4.82 to Rebug 4.81?
  • .Question Raised Here
I tried on my old ps3 (2504A-0C Nor)
I used miniweb.
works at 100%.
thank you

Break0ut

Reaction score
I've got the corrupted data error about 7 or 8 times now and I've tried 2 separate USBs, any help?

Edit: Literally been trying this all day, and every single time I've gotten the "Data is corrupted (8002F957)"

Still can't find a solution anywhere so I'm just gonna give up.

Edit 2: Figured it out, all I had to do was format my PS3. I ****ing hate myself for not trying this sooner.

Last edited:

Poisonlover

Reaction score
My device was not flashable in the early time of cfw`s.(nand,first generation,cechc04)
Now i used the red site,and it works !:smile:
It worked for me after several times pressing write to nand flash,sometimes it was success,but there was no restarting or beeps from the console,many times it was failing !:mad:
Then i decided a reformat of my thumbstick,and replace .hex back,reinsert in console,browser starting up,press write nand,and success ! it shuts down immediately with beeps !:smile:
Thankz Red !:love:

Poisonlover

Reaction score
I've got the corrupted data error about 7 or 8 times now and I've tried 2 separate USBs, any help?

Edit: Literally been trying this all day, and every single time I've gotten the "Data is corrupted (8002F957)"

Still can't find a solution anywhere so I'm just gonna give up.
Try reformat again to fat32 (not quick) or use an external tool like partition assistant,use fat32 ! and use standard cluster
Have you the correct .hex file?
Have you checked the hash (md5)
When do you get data corrupted?,post screenshot?
:what:

jbrowser

Reaction score
Well, when you install CFW it doesn’t come with everything installed like emulators and mod menus, you have to install them. Look up YouTube tutorials on how to do so.
OH MY GOD - I NEVER would've thought of that! THANKS...for the least helpful reply in the history of this week.

Would it have shattered your f'n spinal column to have named a couple of the apps...? It insinuates on the Rebug page that Toolbox, Webman, Cobra etc. is included. they don't seem to be - there are no apps or anything in the menus - and since most of the tutorials and vids are YEARS old, and new users have no frame of reference, some friendly help would've been most welcome.

The PS3 "community" IMO does a terrible job of clearly explaining things for the novice - probably because a majority have been fapping to this stuff since 2012 and it's all old hat at this point. Fair enough. But new users - whether they haven't touched their PS3 in 5 years or they've just inherited one from a family member or friend or whatever - have a starting demarcation point of 0. So, again - is it physically painful for you to be slightly helpful, or is it you just enjoy being a pill? And you're a moderator, too? L.M.F.A.O.

Appreciate the tutorial, Red - I have no idea what the QA toggle did or didn't do, but it all seems to have worked. Some things to perhaps consider adding to the main sticky (I know you covered them, but extra clarification never hurts):

- use a FAT 32 formatted USB
- open the "hex-482--COPY..." folder, copy "flsh.hex" and paste it back up into the root of the USB
- both FERROX and REBUG must be renamed PS3UPDAT.PUP and placed in default firmware folder structure: PS3/UPDATE/
- new users may want to avoid REBUG_4.81.2_D-REX; the second download is the recommended REBUG_4.81.2_REX
- some explanation about QA toggle - was it needed for REBUG? No f'n clue what it did - if anything - but install was successful.

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
OH MY GOD - I NEVER would've thought of that! THANKS...for the least helpful reply in the history of this week.

Would it have shattered your f'n spinal column to have named a couple of the apps...? It insinuates on the Rebug page that Toolbox, Webman, Cobra etc. is included. they don't seem to be - there are no apps or anything in the menus - and since most of the tutorials and vids are YEARS old, and new users have no frame of reference, some friendly help would've been most welcome.

The PS3 "community" IMO does a terrible job of clearly explaining things for the novice - probably because a majority have been fapping to this stuff since 2012 and it's all old hat at this point. Fair enough. But new users - whether they haven't touched their PS3 in 5 years or they've just inherited one from a family member or friend or whatever - have a starting demarcation point of 0. So, again - is it physically painful for you to be slightly helpful, or is it you just enjoy being a pill? And you're a moderator, too? L.M.F.A.O.

Appreciate the tutorial, Red - I have no idea what the QA toggle did or didn't do, but it all seems to have worked. Some things to perhaps consider adding to the main sticky (I know you covered them, but extra clarification never hurts):

- use a FAT 32 formatted USB
- open the "hex-482--COPY..." folder, copy "flsh.hex" and paste it back up into the root of the USB
- both FERROX and REBUG must be renamed PS3UPDAT.PUP and placed in default firmware folder structure: PS3/UPDATE/
- new users may want to avoid REBUG_4.81.2_D-REX; the second download is the recommended REBUG_4.81.2_REX
- some explanation about QA toggle - was it needed for REBUG? No f'n clue what it did - if anything - but install was successful.
There’s tons of tutorials all over this site, it’ll help to research something yourself instead of having everybody walk you step by step on how to jailbreak your console and install emulators.

Click this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+install+emulators+on+PS3+CFW, there’s tons of tutorials on google and this’ll will get you started.

Also, try making a thread in the support section, where you ask for help. https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/forums/playstation-3-support.258/

Even though I’m a moderator I’m not here to walk people step by step on how to jailbreak their console, set up and download emulators and play online, sorry.

Toggle QA basically allows for you to downgrade your console to a lower firmware, in this case, custom firmware without the use of purchasing a hardware flasher.

Also, try reading this thread here https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/ps3-modding-faq.1492030/ It has some helpful information since you don’t know what to do.

Marvo V

Reaction score
I've jailbreaked my console, the instructions in general its not clear, but i am not complaining about how clear are.

Back in the day, when the first time the PS3 was jailbreaked, i didnt have to wait for any fool to sell the dongle, so i took my hands and purchased the programmer, the components and the glorious 16f84. After a few attempts my dongle was done !!!. Only i did have to do was search the web and / or read. Now, after a couple of years after upgraded my ps3 with OFW i see its jailbroken again, so i decided again to do it. Again, the instructions are not quite clear, here or in psx but AGAIN i dont complain about this. Its on me resolve the problem and try to see why its happening, if something its happening.

After it was done, i tried to help a couple of user here in this same section, i dont know if they are playing right now but my intention was to help at the end.

Top Bottom