Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This guide assumes you already checked your system for compatibly. If you want a compatibly chart please check http://redthetrainer.com/ps3 Neither I nor Se7enSins takes responsibility for anything that may happen during this process

1. Download NAND/NOR Writer | Virus Scan
  2. Place flsh.hex in the root folder of your usb key.
  3. Place your usb drive in the USB port closest to the BD Drive of your console
  4. Set a blank homepage in your PS3 Web browser
  5. Navigate to my website http://redthetrainer.com/ps3/
  6. Select PS3 4.xx NOR NAND WRITER
  7. Bookmark the page, and close your browser
  8. re-open your browser and select the page you bookmarked
  9. Select the button that says Write to #### Flash Memory
  10. Now, if you are lucky, in a minute or so your console should beep and shut down. Congrats!
    1. Otherwise, if even after 15 minutes it's still there (or the "wave" background gets stuck), attempt failed.
    2. In this case, just press off button, restart console, wait for filesystem to be checked, then re-try hack.
    3. This may happen even after "Suceeded!" warning. That alone means nothing, don't proceed any further unless PS shuts down.

11. Turn on PS3 again, and while it checks its file system.
  12. Download the CFW of your choice. I recommend 4.82 FERROX Standard
  13. Place it in the usb drive (remember to rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP) and update.
  14. Once it installed, download QA_Toggle to the root of your drive | VIRUS SCAN
  15. Use the newly available "Install Package Files" entry from the "games" tab to install the file
  16. Run the new QA flagger app, then wait some seconds until it gets you back to the XMB
  17. Restart console.
  18. Download REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION to usb key and update console in the usual way
Frequently Asked Questions & Additional Notes

Why am I getting a corrupted file error?

• Redo the exploit and try again

Will this jailbreak my SuperSlim?
  • NO, (PS3Xploit has strong possibility to eventually evolve into a HEN style exploit (that aspect will take some additional development and time, at this time PS3Xploit exploit has not evolved enough)
Is a Quick Compatible Console Chart Available ?
Can I install a CFW before 4.82, such as Rebug 4.81 or an earlier CFW?
  • Yes, however you must Toggle QA Flag. Once the Token is activated you have the ability to then freely jump CFW versions. (see below for details)
How do I Toggle QA Flag?
  • When on a CFW download & install >>> QA TOGGLER (Standalone), (Note: Will just show a black screen then reboot the PS3 and returns to xmb. A Restart is RequiredA fterwards though or cfw syscalls will be disabled (meaning your CFW patches will be disabled until the next boot, so a reboot is required after the Toggler exits back to the XMB.)
Should i use the "999 Downgrader" vs "Toggle QA" to install a different CFW?
  • No, installing the "999 downgrader" PUP on a 3.56 minver console, it will brick the console, simply just Toggle the Q/A Flag and play itsafe and is so simple to move from CFW versions (up and down from version to version).
How do i know for sure if my PS3 Model is compatible ?
  • You must have a PS3 Console that has a Factory Firmware of 3.56 and below.
  • To check, its easy with this simple tool for OFW, Download minverchk.rar
  • Then place the .pup file on a FAT32 USB Flash Drive in a PS3/UPDATE folder (create path if needed)
  • Now on the PS3 XMB goto Setting ->> System Update >>> Update via Media Storage
  • Once shown on the list select the PUP and install, shortly after there will be a message showing the factory firmware the console was shipped,
  • For this we want 3.56 and below.
  • ANYTHING HIGHER THEN 3.56 IS NOT ABLE INSTALL A CFW. Sorry this will not work for your console, but there could be a HEN (Homebrew Enabler) possible for running homebrew, but additional research and time is needed for achievement, additional details can be read here.
What is the basic purpose of the Writer & Dumper Tools Release?
  • The dumper is to get a backup of the nor chip
  • The writer is to jailbreak your console. (Adding a patch to OFW to allow CFW installation)
How to go from Ferrox 4.82 to Rebug 4.81?
  • .Question Raised Here

A

Andreas_

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi. Thank you for the guide, it helped a lot.

However, I'm unable to install REBUG 4.81.2. QA_Toggle app installed and ran once.

FERROX COBRA version works, however.

danielbrew

danielbrew

Reaction score
Sin$
I get this when i go to add CFW it comes up as file is corrupted i have tried rebug and ferrox any ideas

T

thepieddragon

Reaction score
Sin$
According to the webserver as I was attempting to trigger the exploit, it failed 10 times in a row... Is this something I should be worried about?

G

GensX

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello! When i go to your page on ps3 browser, it says that the page cant be displayed and an error.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
According to the webserver as I was attempting to trigger the exploit, it failed 10 times in a row... Is this something I should be worried about?
It can take a few tries. Make sure you're following the steps correctly and you're starting from a blank webpage.

Its taken some people upwards to 30 tries

Hello! When i go to your page on ps3 browser, it says that the page cant be displayed and an error.
Check your wifi

Phillip Schultz

Phillip Schultz

Reaction score
Sin$
Yo bro thanks for your help and instructions but the final step when I try to install rebug 4.81.2 it says data is corrupted.Pls help

M

Marvo V

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok gUYS. I almost sure of this, please fix me if i'm wrong.

1. I'm in 4.81 firmware. I must be in 4.82 right?, i can update it normally right?.
2. My Slims says in the back: CECH 2501B. According to the table, i can do this process right?.
3. My Ps3 Slim was hacked back in the days, but later i decides to go legal until today. Even its formatted. This is not a problem right?. I mean: Ps3 3.40 >> Hacked 3.41 >> Ps3 4.81 legal. Thank You Very Much In Advance !!!

T

thepieddragon

Reaction score
Sin$
Wow... I'm speechless. After all this time of waiting for either someone to make a new exploit or get a hackable console and finally giving up, this just comes around 2-4 months ahead of time, and just... works. I finally have CFW on my PS3, just like that. No fuss. Just a restart or two... It's hard for me to believe, and I'm currently looking at the Rebug XMB.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok gUYS. I almost sure of this, please fix me if i'm wrong.

1. I'm in 4.81 firmware. I must be in 4.82 right?, i can update it normally right?.
2. My Slims says in the back: CECH 2501B. According to the table, i can do this process right?.
3. My Ps3 Slim was hacked back in the days, but later i decides to go legal until today. Even its formatted. This is not a problem right?. I mean: Ps3 3.40 >> Hacked 3.41 >> Ps3 4.81 legal. Thank You Very Much In Advance !!!
If you're already jailbroken just go through the normal hacked console update steps. Why make things difficult and start from the beginning?

J

Jordan_is_1337

Reaction score
Sin$
I got to this to work once, but I had my update named (updat not ps3updat) and I restarted thinking it hadn't worked, now every time it just gives me an error

Top Bottom
Login
Register