E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How to install Port I/O on Windows

This tutorial should work on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and Windows 10.

Requirements
  • Figure out whether you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows
    • Find your System (info) and it should tell you next to "System Type".
    • For Windows 10, right click the Windows icon on the bottom left and in the menu that pops up, click "System"
  • Download Portio[bit].sys - Download the correct version for your Windows install
Preparing to Port I/O for x64 (64-bit Windows)
Skip to the next section of this tutorial if you have 32-bit Windows.

Through my experiences, I've noticed I've had to do something that I would have thought didn't matter, but I proved myself wrong today. Make sure you unplug any SATA DVD drive that you may have hooked up to your PC. Even though you may have disabled it (or DosFlash disables it) in the device manager, for some reason my PC couldn't detect my 360 until I actually unplugged the SATA cable.

1. Open up dseo13b.exe (download in the requirements). Right-click and "Run as Administrator".
2. Keep clicking "Next" and/or "Accept" until you get to this screen:
dseo1.jpg

3. Like the picture above, click "Enable Test Mode", then click next. A pop up will appear, click OK:
dseo2.jpg

4. Then click "Sign a System File" and click next:
dseo3.jpg

5. There is no browse button so go to the folder (outside the program) and navigate to where the dosflash folder is. Copy the directory over and then you'll have to type "\portio64.sys" at the end of it. Should look similar to this:
dseo4.jpg

6. Now you'll have to restart your computer. When you reboot, you should see this in your bottom right hand corner:
testing.jpg

Installing Port I/O
While this is showing Windows 7, the same process can be used in any Windows above it. With Windows Vista, you may have to go to Start > Run and type the command below.

Open your start menu and under All programs there is the search bar; Windows 10, click the Search bar/Cortana bar. Type in:
Code:
hdwwiz.exe
Pic1.png

It's going to give you a welcome message. Click next.
Pic2.png

Then it will ask what you want the wizard to do. Select Search and install hardware automatically.
Pic3.png

Its going to say it found nothing. Then ask if you want to select from a list. Click next.
Pic4.png

Click "Show all Devices". Then click next.
Pic5.png

It's going to say select the device driver software you want to install. Click "Have Disk"
Pic6.png

It's going to tell you to insert the disc or browse to the files. Click browse.
Pic7.png

Navigate to the folder you downloaded portio to and select "portio32.sys" for 32-bit users, or "portio64.sys" for 64-bit users.
Pic8.png

In the next screen it's going to take you back to the driver list. Select (depending on your Win OS bit):
Code:
 PortIO32 - Xbox 360 Device Driver
- OR -
PortIO64 - Xbox 360 Device Driver
Then click Next.
Pic9.png

Now I didn't go any further because I already have the drivers installed. It is going to ask you if you are sure you want to install these drivers. Select yes, then it will ask you again. Select yes and your drivers will install properly and you can flash with JungleFlasher with ease in any Windows versions.

Now you can follow some of these tutorials for fw modding/flashing
How to Firmware Mod your Xbox 360 using a Windows 64-bit OS
How to flash a Xbox 360 LiteOn DVD Drive with DosFlash v2.0
How to Flash any Xbox 360 Drive with a Laptop
Noobert's AIO Flashing Guide | Phat | Slim | Burner Max | PayLoad | Burn Games

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Great tutorial man, I was thinking about writing this but I guess I shouldn't now. haha

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Carson said:
Great tutorial man, I was thinking about writing this but I guess I shouldn't now. haha
Thanks.
Yeah i couldn't find the hardware wizard anywhere. lol Then i ended up finding the hdwwiz.exe from microsoft's site and from then on it was just like vista. So i decided to make this to save other people the trouble of finding that sneaky wizard.

K

KillaZinga

Reaction score
Sin$
I just tried it and it doesn't work on Win 7 64bit, thanks for the tut tho

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Portio doesn't work in XP64 Vista64 or 7 X64
Can't be installed on a 64-bit OS. You have to use dosflash.

F

frankflammia

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I'm flashing my Xbox for the first time and I'm wondering where do i get portio32?

F

frankflammia

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I don't have portio32.inf and i don't know how to get it. thanks Ive been trying to flash my xbox and i dont know what jungleflash to use.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated the tutorial. Changed some of the language, included new links, formatted better.

Top Bottom
Login
Register