How to Install Aurora Dashboard (W/ Skins, Coverflow Layouts)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Modding & Tutorials' started by Nokia, Feb 8, 2016 with 10 replies and 44,647 views.

1. Nokia

Nokia [[email protected] ~]$ Lifetime

Ratings:
    This is going to be a full install tutorial for Aurora, I plan on adding to this over time so if you have any questions feel free to post them below. Without further adieu, lets begin.

• Step #1: Download Aurora dashboard (0.5b) from here: http://phoenix.xboxunity.net/ Now scroll down to here and click download Aurora 0.5b - Release Package.rar
      [​IMG]
    • Virus Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...8915808843bd61466e94eea3b09d947c8d5/analysis/
    • Step #2: Make a folder on your console named Aurora.
    • Step #3: Extract all of the files from the download onto your desktop.
      [​IMG]
    • Step #4: At this point you have two options, you can FTP these files to the Aurora folder on your console using a FTP client of your choice (Neighborhood or any other FTP client) or you can use a USB Flash Drive and move them to the folder manually using XeXMenu/FSD.
    • Step #5: Once you have these files on your HDD in the Aurora folder, launch "Aurora.xex" this will load the Aurora dashboard. Once Aurora has loaded you will be brought to a empty screen with no games on it, don't worry, we just need to set your file paths.
      [​IMG]
    • Step #6: To set your file paths press "Start" on your Xbox 360 Controller, next scroll down to "Content Scanning" and hover over "Add" under "Manage Paths". Next click add and you will be brought to a screen that will let you choose a path for your games. Go to a directory such as your games folder and press "Y" while hovering over the name of the folder. Depending on where you game folder is on your HDD you might need to change your Scan Depth to a higher value. Since I have my games folder on the Root of my HDD a scan depth of "3" should work fine, my xbox has this path "\Xbox360\System\Hdd\Games" so depending on how far your games folder is from the root of your HDD you will need to change the value of your scan path. Once you are done adding your paths make sure that "AutoScan" is checked, this will enable Aurora to scan for new games upon the launch of Aurora Dashboard, now click "Save".
    • Step #7: Reboot Aurora Dashboard and your games should now show up.
    How to set up LiNK:

At the moment this tutorial is for UPnP routers only, I will update this later with additional steps for non-UPnP routers.

[​IMG]
    • Navigate to your unity tab in Aurora.
    [​IMG]
    • Type your username in the field and submit your password when you are asked for it, now hit get API Key.
    • Navigate to the Plugin tab and make sure that your ports are these: Data Port: 3072, Broadcast Port: 3071.
    [​IMG]
    • Select the Verify button and Aurora will begin to run some tests, if all passes and your screen looks like the screenshot below you are good to go!
    [​IMG]
    Make sure you are on the title update that you would like to play with other users on before launching a game that uses LiNK, now launch the games Default.xex or Default_mp.xex and click System LiNK from the xbox guide once the game has loaded, join a lobby and have fun!

How to install Skins:

Now that we have a fresh install of Aurora, odds are some of you will not like the default skin, so here are the steps on how you can change it.

• Inside of your Aurora folder on your HDD there should be a folder named "Skins." This will be the directory for installing any and all of your skin packs that you download for Aurora. Navigate to the "Skins" folder on your HDD and move on to the next step.
    • From here we are going to need some skins, so I recommend checking out "RealModScene," they have hundreds of skins to choose from. You can find them here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/56-skins-coverflow-layouts-and-scripts/
    • Find a skin that you would like to use on your console, for this example we will be using the "Darkened RED" skin, you can also find that here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5335-skin-darkened-red/ Scroll down to where it says "Attached Files," and download the Darkened RED skin.
    • In your download location on your computer you should now have a file named "DarkenedRed.xzp," This is the format for Aurora themes. If you have neighborhood or a FTP client set up on your computer you can transfer this file to your skins folder using that. If you do not have neighborhood set up on your computer you can use a USB Drive to transfer the files using Aurora's file manager or XeXMenu.
    • Once the skin file is in your skins folder you can back out all the way to Aurora's home screen. From the home screen you can press "B" on your Xbox 360 Controller, this will bring up the Filters & Sort, Quick View, Theme, Skin and Display menu for Aurora Dashboard. Navigate to the skin menu, It should look like this:
    [​IMG]
    • Click on "Change" to select a new skin, now select the skin you placed in your folder, it should show up instantly. You should now see a little warning icon that displays the message "Restart Required." From here just restart FSD and you should be good to go.
    [​IMG]

• If you have a background that you would like to use with your skins you need to make a folder named "Backgrounds" in the root of your Aurora folder if it is not already there, from here place any .png or .jpg image files that fit the size of your TV/Monitor. Next navigate to Aurora's homepage and click "B" on your Xbox 360's Controller, this will bring up the menu we were just in, from here go to "Theme," and click "Change." Now select the image that you wanted to use as your background and it will set it for you, you also have the option to animate this image so that when you use Aurora it will move around depending on what you are doing. From this menu you can also choose what style you want your games to be displayed in. There are plenty of options to choose from, however RealModScene offers custom Cover Layouts, and I will show you how to install these next.
    How to install Coverflow Layouts:

• To install custom Coverflow Layouts it's pretty straightforward, just follow these steps and you will be good to go. First thing we are going to need is our Coverflow Layouts, you can find a few custom one's from our friends over at RealModScene once again, and the link to the one I will be using can be found here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.p...ircle-more-18-layouts-fixfinal-version240515/
    • Now that you have found the Coverflow layout that you want to use simply download the files for the layouts, if you are using the one that I will be using for this example just scroll down to the bottom of the page under "Downloads," and click the version you would like. I will be using both of them in this tutorial because who doesn't want a bunch of custom layouts? Now that you have the files downloaded move on to the next step.
    • From here we are going to extract the files from the .RAR folder to our desktop or USB device. Next navigate to the Aurora folder on your HDD, open the folder named "Media," now open the folder named "Layouts." Your folder should have a few in it, but not as many as me. You need to transfer the files you just extracted to here and restart Aurora once you are done.
    • To change your Coverflow layout navigate to Aurora's home screen and press "B" on your Xbox 360 Controller, scroll down to "Theme," and click on your current layout under "Coverflow Layout." You should be on this screen:
    [​IMG]
    • From here you can change it to any of the layouts we just installed. In this case I will be using "Flock [Phoenix]," because I personally like the look of it. To select a layout just open the layout menu by clicking on your current one and you should be brought to a screen that says "Select Cover Layout," just find the one you would like and press "A" to select it.
    How to Install Title Updates & Covers:

• To download title updates you have a few options, the fastest being right on your Aurora dashboard. If you want a specific title update for a game just go to your game on Aurora dashboard and press "Y," now scroll down to the controller with a arrow that's facing down and press "A" on your Xbox 360 Controller, from here you will be brought to a menu that says "Title Updates/Installed" & "Unity Marketplace." Go over to the unity marketplace tab and find the update that you would like to download, now press "A" on your Xbox 360 Controller and your title update will start to download. Once your title update is done downloading go back to the tab that is named "Installed" and your new update should be in that tab, from here just press "A" on the update and it will be enabled. You can now launch your game and Aurora will load and apply the title update for you.
    • If you would like to install title updates or covers from your web browser you can do so, just make sure that you have a xboxunity account with the API key linked to your console. To download covers or title update like this you need to make sure that under the unity tab in settings on your Aurora Dashboard you have this checked: "Unity Connection," now we will need to go over to http://xboxunity.net and sign into our unity account. From here we can now download title updates and new covers for out games, to do so simply search for a game that you would like to download a cover or title update for and and press the button that says "Push To Xbox." For covers you might need to press "Y" on your game and go down to the button that says "Preview," from here press left on your dpad and you will see the option to refresh, click that and you should have your new cover.
    [​IMG]
    This thread will be updated when new updates come out for Aurora.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Will Smith

Will Smith In west Philadelphia born and raised

Ratings:
    Great Tut! Seems to be enough to get any noob up and running :smile:

3. OP
    Nokia

Ratings:
    Thanks man, I'm happy I could assist you with setting aurora up on your console!

4. NerdysMods

NerdysMods LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY

Ratings:
    Will be trying Xbox unity later didn't know about it

5. Mezy

Mezy Trusted Hoster ツ

Ratings:
    Very details tutorial!

6. akarmuhamad

akarmuhamad Newbie

Ratings:
    Hello "Hacker"
    I have a question
    does aurora need internet connection to play games with trainer or to activate trainers, if the aswer is yes please show or tell me a tutorial or in other words tell me how to make Jtag consoles connect to the internet

7. OP
    Nokia

Ratings:
    No, it shouldn't need that at all. Also, when I made this tutorial my name on the forums was Nokia, however I wanted to spice things up for a few months haha. If you need to connect your console to the router you can do it like normal, just make sure that liveblock and livestrong are still enabled. If you need to go online, which is never recommended when using homebrew such as Aurora or FreeStyle Dash since you will most likely shorten your KV's lifespan, regardless of how good the server is, you will need a stealth server and an unbanned KV.

8. kangfat

kangfat Newbie

Ratings:
    I followed the guide and everything seems to be correct but when I click on the Aurora.xex I just get a blank, black screen. I've copied the file over with FTP and tried to run it from USB. Both give me the same blank, black screen. Any suggestions?

9. akarmuhamad

akarmuhamad Newbie

Ratings:
    Thank you bro

10. mightyhama

mightyhama Newbie

Ratings:
    Great TuT, I've got Aurora 0.6b on my console but have managed 2 get several duplicate cover arts, in fact a couple of hundred. It came about because I replaced a
    1tb external with a new 2tb on which I had coppied all the content from the 1tb and another 500gig onto. Aurora scanned the drive and downloaded new cover art for lots of the games. My question is what would be easyist fix? Can I clear scan and let Aurora rescan or delete and reinstall Aurora. help much appreciated

11. Hatul

Hatul Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hello
    somthing happened to the download coveres?
    i try to download covers on auorora but its loading to much time, sometimes the cover download in succes and sometimes i need to press refresh severl times.
    if someone can help me it will be great

thanks