How to Install any Xbox 360 Game on your Hard Drive (no apps needed)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Kickenwing, Jul 2, 2009 with 17 replies and 3,033 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kickenwing

Kickenwing VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Installing a game on your harddrive allows you to play a game without the disc moving while you play. This makes it so you almost never get errors when playing a game and your game disc won't get any abuse. Also you can go online with the game on the hard drive. You will be able to play for longer because their will be less stress on your 360. ( NOTICE: You have to have the game disc in the disc tray to be able to play the game, but once it is in their it won't move because the game will be playing off of the hard drive).

This is a extremely simple tut to follow:

1) To do this, put in a game ( for this example I am using COD WaW) and go to the dash board.

2) Once at the dash board go to you game (first pic) and then hit "Y" (second pic).

First Pic:

[​IMG]

Second Pic:

[​IMG]

3) Scroll down to "Install game to Hard Drive" and hit "A"

4) Wait for for game in install and then hit "A"

Tut by: Kickenwing

• Like Like x 1
  2. iBezyy

iBezyy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    probably should stick this..... there are alot of questions about this

3. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Really? Who doesn't know this? I always thought it was common knownledge. Great tut and all btw.

4. XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks Getting There

Ratings:
    Good tut but I swear if someone actually doesn't know this they need to be shafted with a PS3.

5. vxvdark zer0vxv

vxvdark zer0vxv Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thanks this really helped because i knew exactly how to do this since last november like everyone else who owns an xbox 360. Someone needs to close this post its really pointless and stupid.

6. XboxMySocks

XboxMySocks Getting There

Ratings:
    Shut your mouth.

7. x iM 2 iLL o

x iM 2 iLL o Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yup I use this, its good. But the bad thing is that it takes A LOT of space if you only have a 20GB hard drive, each game is like 6 gigs or a little more, I was only able to install Gears 2 and Cod4 onto my hardrive. But since those are the only 2 games I play its alright lol. :smile:

8. Joshrpg

Joshrpg Qahnaarin Retired

Ratings:
  9. badef

badef Enthusiast

Ratings:
    can u go online with them boys?

10. x iM 2 iLL o

x iM 2 iLL o Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeaa you can go online with them. And you'll be able to play for longer since less stress'll be on your 360, and you wont really get errors or any other problems like said above.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pimpfuu

pimpfuu Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i thought this was all common knowledge since the nxe

12. badef

badef Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Cool thanx for the tut i didnt even know about this i should study my 360 more lol.

13. OP
    Kickenwing

Kickenwing VIP VIP

Ratings:

accually alot of ppl don't know this. I'm glad I could help!

14. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I knew how to rip games to my harddrive but never knew that there was that y hotkey that I could have used. Like I said before my other post was deleted, good job.

15. Odd Mod Jobs

Odd Mod Jobs Newbie

Ratings:
    I already knew but im sure some didn't, will help them.

16. darcy928

darcy928 Newbie

Ratings:
    it doesnt work anyway all it does is take up space u still need the disc in once everything's done so whats the point?

17. Sixen

Sixen Enthusiast

Ratings:
    #1 This is a very old thread, Look at the date.
    #2 The disk doesn't spin so its less vulnerable to damage, and certain games may produce faster load times when playing via the hard disk

18. ooPRODIGYoo

ooPRODIGYoo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    this is really old, but useful.
    it speeds up loading times in the menus, and if you have a scratched game and u dont wanna buy another one u could jus rent the same game from blockbuster or borrow it from a friend, and download that one to your harddrive so when u play your game u wont get a disc unreadable error.

EDIT: everytime u play the game the game u cant just start it up you have to go to the game's options and press play from harddrive.