Four Quid

Four Quid

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Contest Sponsor Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
How to Improve your console/streaming Connection

Download link here

Basically you will be changing your DNS settings on you Chose device. I all ways had the default settings on mine which where openDNS, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 but found out there c**p. I found a program called Namebench from google, it scans for the best dns settings in your area, mine came up with 107% increase lol told you opendns is c**p. You just open up the program and press start and when its finished it will open up a webpage with the recommended dns settings on the top right hand corner of the page.

To change your DNS settings go to System Settings, Network configuration, Click on which ever you use to connect your xboxto the internet, lets say Wired connection. Then you click on Configure Network, then go on the DNS settings tab, Choose Manual then enter your recommended primary DNS and recommended secondary. Job done, his helps to improve speed,security and might help with connection issues on live.

Just to add: This also helps access some sites that are blocked, not all websites tho, just some.

This has been confirmed to help with Netflix, BBC, HULU, LoveFilms Buffering Problem on low connections

Last edited:
Invulnerability11

Invulnerability11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone please test and confirm if this is working?

TrevTec

TrevTec

Carrie Underwood <3
Reaction score
Sin$
I did this on my laptop and it actually helped. I never thought of doing it on my Xbox though. lol

Four Quid

Four Quid

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Reaction score
Sin$
I did this on my laptop and it actually helped. I never thought of doing it on my Xbox though. lol
Lol yeah same here i did it on my laptop and totally forgot about doing it on the xbox, but yeah it works :biggrin:

TrevTec

TrevTec

Carrie Underwood <3
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol yeah same here i did it on my laptop and totally forgot about doing it on the xbox, but yeah it works :biggrin:
Sweet. I'm going to give it a go when I get on tomorrow. Hopefully I get a good improvement. My connection could use a little increase. :tongue:

L

Learn to Sidestep

Reaction score
Sin$
This seems awesome, although...

Noobish question #1: Would this effect multiplayer?

Would the DNS settings only help establish a connection (at which point you have a direct connection and the intial path-finding is irrelevant) or would it make pings between xboxs quicker throughout an entire game (because there is no such thing as a direct connection)?

Noobish question #2: Will this work behind a router with different DNS settings?

Sorry, don't really know the difference between up or down in networking, so I thought I'd ask.

Four Quid

Four Quid

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Reaction score
Sin$
This seems awesome, although...

Noobish question #1: Would this effect multiplayer?

Would the DNS settings only help establish a connection (at which point you have a direct connection and the intial path-finding is irrelevant) or would it make pings between xboxs quicker throughout an entire game (because there is no such thing as a direct connection)?

Noobish question #2: Will this work behind a router with different DNS settings?

Sorry, don't really know the difference between up or down in networking, so I thought I'd ask.
NO sorry changing your dns settings wont improve your ping, port forwarding is your best bet for that, As for question 2 the answer is yes. The software simply checks the best dns settings for your connection and area, then gives you the settings/numbers you need to impute. O change dns settings on your pc just go to control panel, network internet, Network and sharing center, Change adapter settings which is located in the top left of the page, go to your connection and right click, click change properties, go down the list to internet protocol TCP 4 and highlight it (click) then click on properties and then change your dns settings there.

AquaticMirror

AquaticMirror

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The xbox Connection speed doesn't go over 200kbs
And its around 50kbs most of the time, no point of this.

Four Quid

Four Quid

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Reaction score
Sin$
The xbox Connection speed doesn't go over 200kbs
And its around 50kbs most of the time, no point of this.
Yes but some people's speed might be to low, this helps speed it up a bit. And like i said this also helps people with connection issues, like connecting to parties and so forth.

C

ceckin

Reaction score
Sin$
It won't help ****, it will only speed up the IP resolving, but thats only if your current DNS is really bad. It could potentially speed up resolving, but that won't increase your downloading speed or drastically change your experience.

Four Quid

Four Quid

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Reaction score
Sin$
It won't help ****, it will only speed up the IP resolving, but thats only if your current DNS is really bad. It could potentially speed up resolving, but that won't increase your downloading speed or drastically change your experience.
You really shouldn't post if you don't know what the hell your talking about. People have had an increase of up to 120% on there connection which isn't necessarily speed, but fixes connection issues with live i e can't connect to parties, or live downloads. This does speed up connection speed as well and even if it's a bit like you said then it's worth the 5 mins it takesto do it. So yeah it does help :smile:

durham iz hogan

durham iz hogan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice find dude, did not know about this. Regardless of whether people think it will increase live it is still a damn good programme and interesting. Thanks :biggrin:

S

seanpr92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I couls prob cut out few steps by just assigning your router the DNS then anything that's connected to the router wired or wifi will use that same dns

Hitomi Tanaka

Hitomi Tanaka

❤Boobie-Chan❤
Grizzled Veteran Services Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
I did this last year when I changed my PC DNS settings, :smile: I did notice I would get host in Call of Duty a lot more often.

Four Quid

Four Quid

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Reaction score
Sin$
I couls prob cut out few steps by just assigning your router the DNS then anything that's connected to the router wired or wifi will use that same dns
I would agree with you on that but i provide it this way as messing around with the router set up isn't really the best thing for people who might not know what some settings mean lol. The way i provide can be changed easily without any risk of damage

Top Bottom
Login
Register